• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The stuff the Army issues is Excellent!

The air force box lunch was an amazing sight to behold, bulging with all sorts of food, left the army box lunches to shame.

Kat Stevens said:
No Sapper with even a half decently developed brain stem would ever crimp a det with his teeth.  That would be grounds for a Baillie carrying handle up the jacksie.

he just doesn't relies there are tunes of the old crimpers (the ones that we can't use any more  ::)) in tp stores  ;D

To add to the list, the double crimp crimpers (the newer non metallic EOD Pro ones), when you can get them  ::)

I crimp with the SOG -- I dont read memo's I dont like  ;)

SF kit -- good when new -- unfortunately most are past their prime.

CADPAT FLEECE - WTF over -- since fleece is/is not an outer garment -- why bother?  The Green worked well - and we could have saved millions - maybe got a good tacvest replacement  ;)

Colin P said:
The air force box lunch was an amazing sight to behold, bulging with all sorts of food, left the army box lunches to shame.

Box lunches bulging with food = Troops bulging at the seams of their combats.

Infidel-6:
Although I do tend to agree....the CadPat fleece is softer and not as stiff as the old fleece. More comfortable in my opinioin.
And the SF kits are getting long in the tooth.

More good kit - The new helmet is a darn site better than the old M1 tin pot.
Coleman two burner.....our personal one is over 25 years old....still goes as if new.

Anklle Boots.....I hate those!! Mind you, they're the shiniest in the Unit....as the CSM should be!!

Soft (scratch prevention) covers for the BEW.  The prescription inserts for BEW and Gas Mask, replacing combat spectacles. 

ISDL, RSDL replacing the Fuller's Earth Mitt.

Heh... I have been building the shine on mine for over 30+ years....
One of the few pairs still around that are fully "shod"...

For all the eme types...
Crows foot for spark plugs

Geo do you still have the original issue low shoes?.....mine are in the closet....most comfortable shoes I own, and I've had them now for almost 33 years...
Oh the Forage Cap what an exellent piece of kit!! :D

BEW is a god send. If I had it during my SQ then I would've never gotten that hot empty casing in my eye...

- the little 'stove' w/fuel tablet kit for the canteen cup.  Loved it;
- knee high Gortex socks;
- bivy bags;
- gun tape; and
- LMCs!

NL_engineer said:
you must be a lefty

That's the funny thing I wasn't a lefty. I was a righty... and some how I got a casing in my eye :|

The best thing the military ever issued me was a paycheck  ;D

Always liked the old combat boots without any liner or anything, once they were worn in omg comfortable. I loved them so much. Haven't been re-enlisted to check out the new ones.

Frostnipped Elf said:
ISDL, RSDL replacing the Fuller's Earth Mitt.

and the new Horizon CADPAT CBRN suit is much much better than the old one! The C4 mask is great as well, though not a lot of fun to wear  ;D

RTaylor said:
... Always liked the old combat boots without any liner or anything, ...

Mk. I: 1960s, no insoles, round eyelets.
Mk II: Early 1970s?, insoles, speed lacing (metal ringlets for eyelets). Grebs.
Mk III: Late 70s?, insoles, round eyelets. Grebs and Sunbeams.
GP: 2007?, orthotic-friendly insoles, round bottom four sets of eyelets, top six sets ringlets. Boulets?

COBRA-6 said:
and the new Horizon CADPAT CBRN suit is much much better than the old one! The C4 mask is great as well, though not a lot of fun to wear  ;D

- CASCAD: Cdn Aqueous Soln for Chem Agent Decon.  Great stuff!

COBRA-6 said:

Comfortable CBRN gear??? It has to be a trick :p

Personally I like the arctic mitts that look like mukluks on your hands. Really good in the winter when you don't need to be doing anything that requires too much dexterity.
Though, to be fair, if I had a pair of properly-fitting winter gloves I'd probably be more content with those...

Back