• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The stuff the Army issues is Excellent!

RTaylor said:
mkIII I think, was 99-2000

Uhmmm,

You're out by just a couple of decades --- see TCBFs post below (I got issued them when I joined in the 80s).  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Uhmmm,

You're out by just a couple of decades --- see TCBFs post below (I got issued them when I joined in the 80s).  ;)

No wonder they're crap :D 80's tech  ;)

Salt and pepper wool mitts
MkIII combat boots
knee high gortex socks
poncho liner
64 pattern rucksack
R711 OUT

The new gortex gloves 
Arctic tents
Grey PT sweatpants and sweatshirt - sooo comfy
The OD IECS jacket (I have a cadpat one too - however I prefer the OD one)
Muklucks
IMPs
Mortar gloves - I wasn't issued them, but borrowed somebodies and they were awesome.

COBRA-6 said:
and the new Horizon CADPAT CBRN suit is much much better than the old one! The C4 mask is great as well, though not a lot of fun to wear  ;D

I wouldn't imagine there is any gas mask fun to wear! The C4 mask is a love hate thing for me, I don't mind it all when the mouth piece is sealed around my nose/bridge of nose. If it isn't every time I breath I get a nice burst of air into my right eye. This only usually happens after  sweating and/or applying RSDL all over my face. Maybe I autta get a new face issued to me, one that fits my mask!  ;D 

I personally like the thermal underwear, my firs time in the field is this weekend, so I guess I will be able to have a more thorough opinion on them.
I love my MK III's though after they are broken in, with a nice pair of insoles that are like walking on clouds (atleast for me they are!)

The CADPAT combat chaps!

(Vern, reference gutter, your mind, out of it.)

I'm talking bib pants here people.  They rock, I am newly converted to the combat chaps. 

Standing around waiting for a while?  Do them up nice and snug!

Working, humping through the bush, or attacking something?  Unzip the legs to ventilate!  You can zip back up when your done!

I love em, and will be breaking them out alot more often.

RCR Grunt said:
I love em, and will be breaking them out alot more often.

So you're saying to ArmyVern that she soon will have more pics for her collection  >:D ?

The new sock system,
Termal underwear
and the old wool collared shirt

ButtA said:
I wouldn't imagine there is any gas mask fun to wear! The C4 mask is a love hate thing for me, I don't mind it all when the mouth piece is sealed around my nose/bridge of nose. If it isn't every time I breath I get a nice burst of air into my right eye. This only usually happens after  sweating and/or applying RSDL all over my face. Maybe I autta get a new face issued to me, one that fits my mask!  ;D 

I personally like the thermal underwear, my firs time in the field is this weekend, so I guess I will be able to have a more thorough opinion on them.
I love my MK III's though after they are broken in, with a nice pair of insoles that are like walking on clouds (atleast for me they are!)

Try opening the chin cap to prevent that blast of air and to allow you to spit out the excess saliva/SDL.  Trust me there are more comfortable masks used by other countries but if you want to die comfortable I think you are in the wrong business - they don't provide the same level of protection.  If you haven't been through the quantative fit testing tent lately, then maybe your mask is the wrong size.

Field message pads. What other army in the world has the sense to issue those?

daftandbarmy said:
Field message pads. What other army in the world has the sense to issue those?

Ahhh.... remember the days when you'd prepare your orders on the back of a pack of smokes?
(well yeah it was a pack of 25, king size :warstory: )

Question?

Is the FMP an issue item anymore? I've almost run out, and it is highly impractical to carry a laptop on a coy attack!! ;D

Talk to your SQMS / CQMS... he should be able to fix you up
Some places have started issuing the MP notepads in FMPs stead....

The FMPs NSN still exists.... it should still be available -  unless you haven't been nice to your RQMS

.... and one of these days they will issue the FMP covers as well. But I can dream, can't I?

geo said:
Some places have started issuing the MP notepads....

Wouldn't mind getting a few more of those as they have become scarce in the past few years.

Perfect size for garrison work.

Regards

OldSolduer said:
Question?

Is the FMP an issue item anymore? I've almost run out, and it is highly impractical to carry a laptop on a coy attack!! ;D

FIELD MESSAGE BOOK
CF 709 (10-80)
7530-21-883-3596

The Military Police notebooks SHOULD be restricted to MP use only.

Back