• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

I spoken to people in every region, and all but Eastern were supposed to write on Jan 8 as far as I know...

Ya its the same at my squadron their writting their's this weekend I believe.

Former Air Cadet with 822 Sqn (Kitchener/Waterloo/Breselau).  I was an Air Cadet for over 7 years... did Glider, Power, Exchange.
Now an Engineer in the PRes.
Torn... I thought your picture looked familiar!

yoman said:
Ya its the same at my squadron their writting their's this weekend I believe.

Hopefully it's the same, all of the Ottawa wing writes at the same place at the same time...

P Kaye said:
Former Air Cadet with 822 Sqn (Kitchener/Waterloo/Breselau). I was an Air Cadet for over 7 years... did Glider, Power, Exchange.
Now an Engineer in the PRes.
Torn... I thought your picture looked familiar!
I don't know man, you would have been out for about 5 years before I joined 80

I think I've seen you around.  I graduated from Cadets in 95.  I also helped out with 80 Sqn last year, as a reserve officer.
My mother is also a CIC offr and was CO of 80 Sqn for the past 4 years.

Capt. Tambeau was the CO when I left, I do not know who replaced her.

I left in 2001 (I think, may have been 2002) because I couldn't do cadets and work/school so I wasn't around when you were there.
I might know you from somewhere else tho.

Nic

Capt (now Major) Tambeau is in fact my mother.  I was helping with 80 sqn during her final year as 80 Sqn CO.  She is now 822 Sqn CO.  Capt.Tom ??? (forget the last name) is now the CO... he was Tambeau's DCO last year.

That's it... How could I forget a name like Tom Sawyer...

oh, yeah, I do remember that Sawyer took over. I think he took over a year and a bit after I left.

I really had no Idea that Maj. Tambeau had kids, oh well. Maybe I saw you when we did some of out Cadets Caring for Canada stuff.
Is your dad still in the CIC too?

Nic

LOL actually Paul Tambeau is not my father.  He was my CO when I was a cadet (back in the early 90's).  My mom and him got together after I graduated from cadets.

ah, gotcha

My dad went to Cadets with Paul

Next time you see your mother, tell her that Sgt. Cressman says hello.

Nic

FSgt_mandal said:
So..........who's applied for what and where?
condor888000 said:
Power, I'll go where ever I'm sent if I get it...I should study for it...

Come on you few you proud you crazy pigeons! I can't be the only one applying for a camp, who else out there, even what you're going to apply for, anything!

Speaking of which exam's tommorow... *pulls out FTGU and E6B*

Didn't I say already?! O well, Bagotville staff *crosses fingers*

condor888000 said:
Come on you few you proud you crazy pigeons! I can't be the only one applying for a camp, who else out there, even what you're going to apply for, anything!

Fine

1. Basic
2. Introduction to leadership
3. Forgot having a memory blimp.

I hope I get in!

80 Sqn reunion time!

Cadet 1992-1998, 102 Barrie Silver Fox Sqn
Staff 1998-2002, 80 K-W Spitfire Sqn
Staff 2002-now, 102 Barrie Silver Fox Sqn

Smarten up Cressman.

BF.

Garbageman said: