• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

Its at that great rank of coporal I found that cadets just wasnt for me anymore and I wanted something more military...so I quit and started working my butt off to get into the Reserves. However, that fell face first. Today im trying again and this time im not giving up.

Ahhhh air cadets....the good old days.  How I do miss the summer camps.  good times, good times indeed.
Hey question, anyone who has taken S.I. at Cold Lake, do they still have the officers carrying around loaded shotguns in case of bear attacks?  Just curious.....some "interesting" memories along those lines.
Anyways wish you all the best to all those cadets still out there.

By the way, Rayman good luck to you in getting into the reserves.  You've got the right attitude man.

JAWS228 said:
Hey question, anyone who has taken S.I. at Cold Lake, do they still have the officers carrying around loaded shotguns in case of bear attacks? 

Have been there Last two Summers On Course and As Staff.
And no, They don't carry Shotguns. Just "Bearbangers".

Just wondering, is there anyone here going to GACSTC this summer? (2008)
I know there are a bunch of us on www.cadet-world.com , but I wanted to know if there was anyone here...

Oh I do miss the Air Cadets, 534 Raider Sqn. Peterborough ON to be precise.  Good times, CRGS, Bush Outings, Range Team, Drill Comp., Drum Lines, White Water Rafting in Quebec.

"Sgt Dorricott, my tent blew away!..."
"With you inside of it?"
"....well ya"
"You ok in there?"
"...well ya"
"Good!  Go to sleep!"

former 547 cannuck and 614 forst city... good time good times air cadets, too bad it's more like the boy scouts everyday, we were banned from playing capture the flag on our exercises because it resembles war haha

I was 170 St James Kiwanis Squadron 1976-83. Basic, Air Studies, Gliding Scholarship, and Flying Scholarship.  In those days there was beaucoup partying, a fair amount of booze, and many other "extra-curicular activities" (lock up your daughters).

Great times, and in retrospect cadets gave me some good tools for the future (I just was having too much fun to care).

BB

Well, after 4 years in cadets I am now officially retired as of Sunday. I finished my cadet career this past weekend by winning the Eastern Region Air Cadet Drill Competition in Quebec City. What an experience that was. I shall miss cadets very much but every good thing has to come to an end unfortunately. I'm now going to shift my focus to RMC and hopefully do well there.

Hey there, I'm a F/cpl, just wondering who is going to glider this coming up summer at Comox RGS? I just went to ITAC last summer and it was kinda fun.

EStrike101 said:
hey there, im a F/cpl, just wondering who is going to glider this coming up summer at comox RGS? I just went to ITAC last summer and it was kinda fun.

Please, please, please ... use your capital letters.  :)

Hey there, I'm a F/cpl, just wondering who is going to glider this coming up summer at Comox RGS? I just went to ITAC last summer and it was kinda fun. 

Nobody will know if they are going to RGS (glider) or not until MOT exams in Jan. - Feb.

regards,

PV

^You're right. I'll ask again.

Who would try to go to RGS Comox for either glider or power next summer? ;D

I use to be Sgt in 18 Dartmouth Squadron in Halifax NS. Spent 6 years and glad im out. Did any compete in Biathlon provincials 08?

Back