• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

HALLO! FORSYTH (thats me) IS NOW IN THE ARMY!!!  AAHAH...aaah. >:D..that's dangerous. I promise I won't speak. Hmm...do I know any of you? I'm from 713 (i finally retire june 11th, woot!)
Anywho, happy birthday. Keep on fightin'!

4SYTH

:| its the same name and all  ??? AHHH I'm confused
*returns to bush*

Crazy, I joined to fly the 2-33A's and I did. Everything else (including bush) was a bonus. 8)

I also joined for the flying everything else was included in the package for me  :D
Lets see so far this year I have done:

1. Bush (spring coming soon)
2. Range (Hope I make the team, but the pellet gun I was using screwed up)
3. Jr Drill team (basically my main weekend activity)
4. Flying!!! I had the opportunity to go flying like 4 times but sadly only was available for 1 of them.

So there are a lot of things that interest me other then the flying aspect.  What do you guys like?

Flying is the only thing that matters to me, all the rest is just crap I have to do to fly.

I was a cadet a long time ago (graduated 10 years ago).  So if you'll indulge the comments of an air cadet "veteran"...
I did glider and power, and loved it.  I also did exchange, which was a hoot.
But what did I REALLY get out of cadets?  The leadership theory and extensive hands-on experience.
If you're a flight commander, class instructor, or squadron WO, take these jobs seriously folks.  You'll use these skills over and over again in life.  You have a real head-start in getting practical management and lecturing experience... don't underestimate how much it can help you later in life.  You may not realise it, but one of the most important things this training does for you is builds self-confidence.
Sure, it was fun to flash my pilots licenses around school when I was 16 and 17... but when you're 29 and haven't flown in years (because it's too bloody expensive), it's not your pilots license that you'll be thanking cadets for... it's the effect it had in building your characters!
LOL... I hope I don't sound like too much of an old fart... I don't feel that old (and it still feels like yesterday I put on my cadet uniform every wed night).

condor888000 said:
Flying is the only thing that matters to me, all the rest is just crap I have to do to fly.

lol Well that seen's pretty boring to me cause I cant even apply for Glider or Power for an other 2 years so I might as well enjoy it until I can apply. But my goal in cadets is to end up getting the Power license. Idont think I can get intot glider cause I'm 6,2 and weigh in at 200 (I am cosidered to be adult size by peaple around me) and still growing. Ah well I guesse all half to cross my fingers for power  :dontpanic:

FSgt_mandal said:
You are on CW right?

Yup, sure am. Morning*Weapon. But I can't access Cadet-World. Weird.

"...BECAUSE NO ONE LiKES A FACE FULL OF BUSH" -Chenier

4SYTH

HAHA! in your face condoor! I was right! what was that about bush? anywho *reurns to bush, but with pride *

yoman said:
lol Well that seen's pretty boring to me cause I cant even apply for Glider or Power for an other 2 years so I might as well enjoy it until I can apply. But my goal in cadets is to end up getting the Power license. Idont think I can get intot glider cause I'm 6,2 and weigh in at 200 (I am cosidered to be adult size by peaple around me) and still growing. Ah well I guesse all half to cross my fingers for power   :dontpanic:
I thought I replyed to this...

Anyway, I joined two weeks after I turned 12 and joined ground school as soon as I could. I just finished up year 5 of learning and am starting year 3 instructing tommorow.

Yeah glider would be tight, must be undr 6' 3" tall and weigh under 200lbs...luckily there's no limits for power...

FSgt_mandal said:
what was that about bush? anywho *reurns to bush, but with pride *

On glider, our officer was explaining why it would be a wiser idea to land long instead of short. At the beginnng of the runway, there was like, a small forest and trees and bushes. Part way thru his talk, he said "You don't wanna land short, or you'll get a face full of bush". He didn't undertsnad why we all started laughing..aahaha ::)

4SYTH

Back