• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The stuff the Army issues is Excellent!

I'd have to say the KFS  ;D

Now if I could just get another holder, as I had to turn mine in with my webbing years ago  ::)

LSVW!!!  ;D

It taught me how to do repairs on the highway.

NL_engineer said:
Now if I could just get another holder, as I had to turn mine in with my webbing years ago  ::)

... I can give you an update on the status of the new holders as soon as I get back into work this morning ... I know it came into my inbox while I was in Borden ...

I would have to say the new CADPAT Gas Mask carrier is awesome. The 2 Velcro pieces are longer that just the size required to hang it off your TV/straps, making it less likely to fall off, and there is a cool Velcro strap that goes over the opening handle to keep it closed when you want it to.

51 Pattern ammo pouches. Awesome for carrying just about anything. I wish they were made in some kind of synthetic material.

daftandbarmy said:
51 Pattern ammo pouches. Awesome for carrying just about anything. I wish they were made in some kind of synthetic material.

- You are spot on.  Why, even with 82 pattern, we still had the Basic Pouch (AKA "Bren Magazine Pouches") for holding the SMG EIS.

TCBF said:
- You are spot on.   Why, even with 82 pattern, we still had the Basic Pouch (AKA "Bren Magazine Pouches") for holding the SMG EIS.

We used to attach them to the feed trays for the GPMGs in my platoon in the UK - I took a few with me. They held 1/2 belt with no problems, without stoppages. I was a popular guy... for a change.

Soldier1stTradesman2nd said:
The Mk III boots (with Vibram soles and Spencos  ;D). Both pairs are going strong since basic (over a decade ago). Must have been from a good batch.

- Desk job, eh?

;D

TCBF said:
- You are spot on.   Why, even with 82 pattern, we still had the Basic Pouch (AKA "Bren Magazine Pouches") for holding the SMG EIS.

You mean the two pouches for the FN mags, with the lift straps? You can buy those surplus, I also have a couple of the pouches designed for 3 SMG mags. The pattern before 51 (tan canvas) had a backpack which neatly fitted 2 ammo cans.

TCBF said:
- Desk job, eh?

;D

True - they're not getting the wear and tear they used to nowadays.  OK, so they have been well used for just under a decade then (not really liking the desk jockey part  :p)

Time to wear out the seat of my pants and the back of the combat shirt.

OldSolduer said:
Anyone ever thought of CADPAT spandex?

9.gif

OldSolduer said:
Anyone ever thought of CADPAT spandex?

We've already got it in the mortar gloves. Can the one piece bodysuit be far behind?

The Light Weight Thermal/Mortar Glove will provide thermal and wind protection to the hands of mortar crews during mortar operations in cold weather conditions. Mortar crew will be able to maintain bomb grip, operate sights etc., when using the glove under cold conditions.
Description – The Lightweight Thermal/Mortar Glove is a form-fitting one-piece glove that has a green woven nylon/spandex face laminated to a polyester/spandex fleece next-to-skin layer, which provides stretch and recovery in all directions. The palm, fingers, and thumb of the glove are reinforced with black goatskin leather that has been chemically treated to provide increased gripping ability, abrasion resistance, and water resistance. 

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/232_e.asp

C1 Protractor. Do they still issue those? Awesome bit of kit, especially if you needed a field expedient windshield scraper.

daftandbarmy said:
C1 Protractor. Do they still issue those? Awesome bit of kit, especially if you needed a field expedient windshield scraper.

We still issue them from clothing ... not as popular as they once were though. I damn well loved those lil gadgets.

Back