• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

The boots are comfortable with wool socks. I don't think drill boots are made to be as comfortable as your slippers.

hey I'm CI in Air cadet core 653 squad. in Renfrew...it's a change I was a former Army so lol...they'll never get me in a airplane

CI.Robertson said:
hey I'm CI in Air cadet core 653 squad. in Renfrew...it's a change I was a former Army so lol...they'll never get me in a airplane

They will slowly convert you. Shouldn't be to long before you see the light.  ;D

Airplanes are fun. I would suggest going in a powered airplane before a glider. Due to the fact that your falling out of the sky (with style) in a glider.

yoman said:
They will slowly convert you. Shouldn't be to long before you see the light.   ;D

Airplanes are fun. I would suggest going in a powered airplane before a glider. Due to the fact that your falling out of the sky (with style) in a glider.

haha yeah that is if I don't go back to land :D Javilin missle I hear are quite fun :p

I thought I'd let you guys know that getting tazered feels really weird. Ya that's right, I got tazered tonight at cadets.

hmm....maybe not such a good thing to mention.....I'm sure you meant that you were tazered tonight but the tazering was nothing to do with cadets, and you weren't tazered at cadets, right?...good....

Let me guess Yoman, that visit to the police station you were trying to get together went though tonight?

Yeoman

I highly doubt that you would have been tazered just as a demonstration, this is highly controlled and would need to be documented as it is a use of force.

Even police forces are not tazering their own people anymore as they are worried about officers dying from cardiac arrest.

If you were tazered I would not be talking about it on here as you were probably doing something unlawful.

Superrampie

I am going to question you on your statements.  You have a blank profile, so I, and everyone else here, have no idea who or what you are.  You haven't posted anything yet to indicate that you are a Police Officer, so I would like you to clarify your statements a bit more.  To the best of my knowledge, Police Forces and the Military both conduct training with Tazer and Mace, which involves the use of the devices on each other.  That way the people empowered to use these devices will know what they are actually dealing with.  For Training Purposes, the devices are not used at full strength.

As for causing cardiac arrest, they have scientifically found that the use of Tazers of Drug Users can in some cases cause them to suffer cardiac arrest.  So unless the Officers are doing drugs or physically unfit for duty, there should be no cause for them to suffer a cardiac arrest.  A Doctor or Medic will be able to explain that in greater detail.

mandal said:
hmm....maybe not such a good thing to mention.....im sure u meant u were tazered tonight.....the tazering was nothing to do with cadets, and u werent at cadets when it happened, right?
Your spelling makes me cry, and the fact you make us look like idiots to passers by is horrible.

Superrampie said:
Yeoman

I highly doubt that you would have been tazered just as a demonstration, this is highly controlled and would need to be documented as it is a use of force.

Even police forces are not tazering their own people anymore as they are worried about officers dying from cardiac arrest.

If you were tazered I would not be talking about it on here as you were probably doing something unlawful.

I highly doubt you have any experience with police services as you are incorrect. Police forces still use it.

condor888000 said:
Let me guess Yoman, that visit to the police station you were trying to get together went though tonight?

Yep, and it was a total success. Even had a canine take down demonstration. My WO2 was impressed.  ;D

mandal said:
hmm....maybe not such a good thing to mention.....I'm sure you meant that you were tazered tonight but the tazering was nothing to do with cadets, and you weren't tazered at cadets, right?...good....

Well I was in uniform.... The officer even got tazered. Nothing wrong with mentioning this. I even have a couple pictures of it, I may post them on later when I get them developed. This was for my level 3 citizenship class.

This is to show that if you have something like this in mind, try to do it.

I fail to comprehend how being tazered is a requirement for level 3 citizenship.

I believe he meant that it was something that he had to organize or perhaps to give a presentation on how the night went.

I would imagine that the trip to the Police Station in general covered the citizenship PO. The tazer and K-9 demonstration would likely just be for general interest.

Jacob said:
I would imagine that the trip to the Police Station in general covered the citizenship PO. The tazer and K-9 demonstration would likely just be for general interest.
I'm sure it was great for the cadets...seeing their corporal tazered. >:D

I hope none of my cadets read this forum. It might give them ideas.  :'(

Jacob said:

Bingo.  :)

Kyle Burrows said:
I'm sure it was great for the cadets...seeing their corporal tazered. >:D

I hope none of my cadets read this forum. It might give them ideas.  :'(

Oh sure I could hear them laughing while I was trying to stay on my 2 feet.  :D

I wasn't the only one who got tazered. The senior level instructor (a WO2) and an officer was also tazered..... he tazered the WO2 4 or 5 times. (The tactical officer was having fun)

condor888000 said:
Only thing about insoles is that I had either the choice of wearing insoles, or wearing the woolies. Not both. Or I could go one size too big, fit in the insoles and woolies and the get a blister cause the boots were too big. Yes I know I'm weird. I wore insoles for my first year. Past that, just the wool socks. I don't know what everyone was complaining about. I flew with those darn boots on for 7 weeks last summer and they were fine. Nice and comfortable, though the rudder pedals were hard to move with the boots on, couldn't tell if you were hitting them hard enough or not......

The obvious solution is to compromise. Buy some quality insoles, especially if you're going on staff. Having done one stint as a staff cadet, i regret not ever using insoles, but i made sure to get some high quality ones to use in my Mk. 3 combats. it makes all the difference, IMHO. What you can do is slip you insoles inside the boot and cut the top portion off your wool socks, giving the illusion of wearing them to anyone who might check. As for the vibram boots, they look awful. I am thankful i joined a highland regiment, because we never wear parade boots, and we look much better for it.

Past my first year, I wore insoles in my combat boots. Nothing else. I never found that I was so uncomfortable that I needed the insoles. Provided of course that I was wearing the woolies. The majority of cadets who have told me that the boots were hurting their feet either didn't wear the wool socks or had the wrong size boots.

From what I had seen, this leads me to feel that if you have the woolies, insoles are not needed in the parade boots. Combat boots are another story.......

condor888000 said:
From what I had seen, this leads me to feel that if you have the woolies, insoles are not needed in the parade boots. Combat boots are another story.......

Woolies act as insoles as far as I`m concerned with parade boots.
I have indeed learnt that insoles in combats boots are necessary. Took me a year to get that one down  :D

What are you issued?

What do they tell you to wear?

Seems simple to me.

What you can do is slip you insoles inside the boot and cut the top portion off your wool socks, giving the illusion of wearing them to anyone who might check.

And when you go down with screwed feet because you didn't wear woolies you'll be setting an excellent example for your charges. Ever think the day may come when you must remove a boot in their presence? Hardly fitting to expect them to wear the kit but you won't. I wore what I was issued both in the CF and Cadets and I never once had an issue. If you are one of those special cases then get a chit. Otherwise you wear what is given to you.

Back