• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

Scott said:
. Problem was that regs stated you have some hair on your melon (I can't recall how much right now but something makes me think #1 on the sides, #2 on top) He got a chit and was happy. The system does work if you use it.

I've heard that same 'reg' too. What do the bald guys do in that case?

From what I understand the rules have changed.

mandal said:
what do insoles and space have to do with an allergic reaction to wool?

Here's how it works. Cadet A is alergic to wool. As such, they can't wear have the wool socks on their skin. So either the cadet is permitted to wear just plain cotton socks, or the cadet wears the cotton socks under the woolies, the cadet will be ok. Now, the problem with option 1 is that it isn't uniform. The problem with option 2 is that wearing two pairs of socks is very warm, and it will cause the boot to feel small. So in comes option 3, the cadet cuts the woolies so that just the top portion(so from the ankle up) is left. They wear cotton socks underneath and the fakes up top so that the come out the top of the boot. So the cadet looks uniform without having an allergic reaction. Well, ideally that's why its done....

Here's how it works. Cadet A is alergic to wool. As such, they can't wear have the wool socks on their skin. So either the cadet is permitted to wear just plain cotton socks, or the cadet wears the cotton socks under the woolies, 

you forgot the dot dot dot (i am sure you meant this  ;) ) so here it is.

...accompanying this cadet is a medical chit of course, proving the allergy which further authorizes him/her to wear varied artiles of uniform hearin identified as "cheats"

PV

And provided with all of that information I can't see there being a problem with that.

Hello every one! I'm new here. I'm a former air cadet, but still in the movement. I'm a commanding officer in the Montreal area. It is not easy but i still love it after , what, 20 years total! ciao every one!

condor888000 said:

Here's how it works. Cadet A is alergic to wool. As such, they can't wear have the wool socks on their skin. So either the cadet is permitted to wear just plain cotton socks, or the cadet wears the cotton socks under the woolies, the cadet will be ok. Now, the problem with option 1 is that it isn't uniform. The problem with option 2 is that wearing two pairs of socks is very warm, and it will cause the boot to feel small. So in comes option 3, the cadet cuts the woolies so that just the top portion(so from the ankle up) is left. They wear cotton socks underneath and the fakes up top so that the come out the top of the boot. So the cadet looks uniform without having an allergic reaction. Well, ideally that's why its done....
as a commanding officer a will authorize the wearing of cotton socks only. cut the wool socks is a good idea but sometimes when you walk the sokcs move too, so you will get some of the socks in your skin. The sock are from nylon and wool, i don't kwow if it makes a difference for the ones who are allergic, but in all cases i say to the cadet: try it, and if it doesn't work, just put on some grey sock.

Hey yoman, I was a member of 632 too! How is it at 632 these days? I hear they did very well after 2000 when I moved out of town. The people there were really professional back then so I'm sure that was a reason for their doing very well. Congrats on the promo to Cpl!

(Yes, I know, that's Cadet Corporal... We really need an Air Cadet forum...)

bbbb said:
Welcome to Cadets & CIC, I think you're covered.

bbbb said:
Hey yoman, I was a member of 632 too! How is it at 632 these days? I hear they did very well after 2000 when I moved out of town. The people there were really professional back then so I'm sure that was a reason for their doing very well. Congrats on the promo to Cpl!

Were doing very well. We are about 160-170 now. We won the Taylor trophy this year (best air cadet squadron in Ottawa area). We have 4 flights, a band and a colour party.

160-170 cadets! Yikes, we were struggling to maintain 90 active back in the day. The opportunities must be boundless now.

Wow!

632 Rocks!

condor888000 said:
*smack*

C'mon Yoman! You should know better than that! :p

Its the proper name. Even my units website says Colour Party. But yes, I know we say flag party on parade......

bbbb said:
160-170 cadets! Yikes, we were struggling to maintain 90 active back in the day. The opportunities must be boundless now.

Wow!

632 Rocks!

Well we are 160-170 on paper. About 140-150 show up any given night.

yoman said:
Its the proper name.
.....*smack*
yoman said:
Even my units website says Colour Party. But yes, I know we say flag party on parade......
.....*smack*

C'mon, Air Cadets do NOT carry colours, therefore it is a Flag Party. Even if 632's website says otherwise. I always knew you buggers were a bit out of it... :p

condor888000 said:
C'mon, Air Cadets do NOT carry colours, therefore it is a Flag Party. Even if 632's website says otherwise. I always knew you buggers were a bit out of it... :p

*looks at Taylor Trophy*

Nope, I don't think were out of it.  ;D

632 knows what it is doing, that's why they are such a good squadron. 140-150 a night, wow!

There are a lot of Squadrons with this many cadets, including mine!  :D

cheers

PV

ha! i know people that used to be in that sqn.....o and for any ottawa based sqns....i think ill be going to university in ottawa, and im looking for a sqn...anyone need a WO2?...or...want one?...*insert angelic face here*

Your welcomed to come to 632.  8)

Just go find the tall guy in flag party and all show you around.

Back