• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

Does that mean you were in 845 and left for 800, or you started in 800?

A good question.  Not too fond of those jumping ship, and if you were around before 97, you now me already......

I joined 800 just as it started up in '97 (a little old at 16, but ah well).

I knew a lot of the guys/gals that left 845, and some of them had some legit complaints for leaving. Not only that, but there seemed to be a sense of adventure and accomplishment in forming a brand new squadron, and meshing with CIC/NCO's from various squadrons in the city (mainly 845, 180, and 707).

i was in air cadets last year i was at 704 airforce city in Trenton Ontario

GINge! said:
Hiya, I was in 845 Phoenix Sqn (Mississauga) from 82-85...I'm trying to picture someone named Sloan, the name rings a bell for sure! Maybe you had an older brother in the Sqn? I transferred to 540 Oakville for 1985-86 before going PRes & RMC.

:D  Hmmmm...*scratches chin*....GINge, methinks we might have run into each other...I was 666 Civitan (North York) from 81 to 85... Sandra S. and I were on Gliders together in 84... ;)

Cheers,
Duey

I'm gonna be gone before it issued so, thank god, I'll never have to see this abomination.

condor888000 said:
I'm gonna be gone before it issued so, thank god, I'll never have to see this abomination.

You can still apply for it after you retire you know  ;)

I may apply for it.......... in 2 years.

And waste $25 plus tax?!?!?!?!? For a medal I hated ever since I heard of it?!?!?!?!?!?! I'd rather save my cash!

Can CF reg force members wear this medal?  He he, that would be funny, a CD and that medal.

No, it is not allowed for wear on a CF uniform.

condor888000 said:
And waste $25 plus tax?!?!?!?!? For a medal I hated ever since I heard of it?!?!?!?!?!?! I'd rather save my cash!

Amen to that, even if I was still in you would never catch me wearing it - pfft four years - they go by in a flash, the 3 after that are the few that seem to take forever.

Gubb said:
Amen to that, even if I was still in you would never catch me wearing it - pfft four years - they go by in a flash, the 3 after that are the few that seem to take forever.

Yep, my little time in has flown by so quickly.

Quite, and on the topic of time in.......5 years, 11 months, 15 days. And thats it.....I'm finished.

So has anyone seen the knew cadet boots with the vibram soles? i just got a new pair last night. what do you guys think of them? :salute: :cdn:

cadettrooper said:
So has anyone seen the knew cadet boots with the vibram soles? i just got a new pair last night. what do you guys think of them? :salute: :cdn:
They look horrible IMO.

They're or they are.

For the record, so are the Old boots if you use an insole like any intelligent person, and then it doesn't look like you're parading in platforms.

Only thing about insoles is that I had either the choice of wearing insoles, or wearing the woolies. Not both. Or I could go one size too big, fit in the insoles and woolies and the get a blister cause the boots were too big. Yes I know I'm weird. I wore insoles for my first year. Past that, just the wool socks. I don't know what everyone was complaining about. I flew with those darn boots on for 7 weeks last summer and they were fine. Nice and comfortable, though the rudder pedals were hard to move with the boots on, couldn't tell if you were hitting them hard enough or not......

Back