• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

"Good morning,

The following are your travel and Orientation Camp dates:

RMC St Jean

-travel to RMCSJ - 30 Jul 11 (Saturday)
-Orientation Camp - 31 Jul - 2 Sep 11

RMC Kingston

-travel to CFLRS - 13 Aug 11 (Saturday)
-Orientation Camp - 15 - 26 Aug 11

Civ University

-travel to CFLRS - 13 Aug 11 (Saturday)
-Orientation Camp - 15 - 26 Aug 11
-depart 27 Aug 11

The Joining Instructions for the RMC St Jean Orientation Camp are at the
following link:
http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/deo-ocd/ir-ji/ir-ji-eng.asp#Notice

I highly recommend ALL applicants read these as the RMC Kingston/Civ U
Orientation Camp Joining Instructions will be very similar!

Have a great weekend!"

This is the e-mail I got today.

pudd13 is more inline with what I was told, what Bowen was sent just adds to confusion, lol

I think what Bowen was sent makes sense.
Both RMC Kingston and Civvy U students go to CFLRS for their orientation/recruit camp.
RMC St Jean students go to RMC St Jean for all of their stuff.
That's what I took away from it at least. I didn't get an email or any confirmation of my own.

My information is coming from the exact same email that Bowen received. 

2011Applicant said:
The RMC St-Jean website (which is where I am spending my first year) says July 31, not sure why it's so different.

I think the reason RMC St-Jean starts earlier is so that the school year can start the same time as other CEGEPS in Quebec, but that is just my guess.

hockey2010 said:
I think the reason RMC St-Jean starts earlier is so that the school year can start the same time as other CEGEPS in Quebec, but that is just my guess.

Yeah, on the RMC SJ website it says that academic classes begin 22 Aug. It's entirely possible.

Hello,

I received a phone call the first week of May that I had been accepted to the 2011-2012 ROTP in St-Jean. I have not received any written confirmation, and I was just wondering if this was the case for other people, or if this is normal?

Thank you.

same boat, looks like the norm. hopefully within the month more details will trickle down

Perfect, thanks! I gave the recruiting center a call today and they said enrollment is likely to be on the 15th of July and then training for St.Jean students will start 31st of July. He also said to expect a phone call with more details withing the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again!

Has anyone obtained any more details on their file and/or offer? I have only received my letter of offer (e-mail) and am still awaiting further info, such as: dates, travel, pay, orientation camp, etc. I am trying to see where everyone else is at, plus this thread needs to be revived.  8)

I leave August 12th for CFLRS for recruit camp, then RMC Kingston August 26th, straight from CFLRS.

I just found out yesterday that my pre-enrollment meeting will be in Kitchener on 11 July, with the swearing in ceremony in Hamilton on 12 July.

I have a CT in from the Reserves so DMilC7 is handling my file. Anyone else in my boat and awaiting details? ???

Charlie82 said:
I have a CT in from the Reserves so DMilC7 is handling my file. Anyone else in my boat and awaiting details? ???

I'm going through the same process but I've already heard back and I've yet to receive my contract (first week in july I was told to expect it) and my travel info which will also be with my contract.

Thanks for the info Sapper01, I'll will be looking forward to the first week in July. Hopefully the Canada Post situation can be sorted soon so there are no delays.

Charlie82 said:

I got my official letter today, but it was in the form of an e-mail, so I guess you can say I got my official e-mail today.

Icmancin said:
I got my official letter today, but it was in the form of an e-mail, so I guess you can say I got my official e-mail today.

Was that you letter of offer or was it your contract?

It was the letter with my joining instructions that outlined all the details of my contract.

Back