• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-applying to the CAF

Navyguy234

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so my story goes like this, I applied for Reserve Force back in 2020. I went through aptitude testing, did the force eval, and did the medical, only to be deemed unfit because I disclosed I suffered from depression 5 years ago. I have since gone to counseling. My question is, should I re-apply through the Government of Canada portal or start again from scratch? I am changing my choices from NCM to officer as I am in a univeristy program

Hi everyone, so my story goes like this, I applied for Reserve Force back in 2020. I went through aptitude testing, did the force eval, and did the medical, only to be deemed unfit because I disclosed I suffered from depression 5 years ago. I have since gone to counseling. My question is, should I re-apply through the Government of Canada portal or start again from scratch? I am changing my choices from NCM to officer as I am in a univeristy program

Hell to the yeah!

(I think that's how you kids talk these days ;) )

When you were rejected in 2020, you must have received a letter from RMO, detailing how to appeal the "unfit" decision. You must do that first. If you do not have this letter handy, go to your recruitment centre and talk to medical staff. They will know what to do.

Back