• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Mom Central! said:
:cdn:
Hello to everyone and congrats to all who are on their LONG awaited trip!!
When you all get a chance to see this after your intense days, I must say THANK YOU for ALL of the banter back and forth.
Your information and questions helped us in the past months, both during the application process and the preparation for RMC.
Our son flew out this a.m. and should be well on his way to SJ as I write this. If you are all as nice in person as you are on the forum, he will certainly make some great life long friends!!
Good luck...I'll be watching for you at the Arch Parade :)

My daughter is starting her second year and from the past year experience she has made life long friends.  Your son will be taken very good care of.  After attending reunion weekend and getting to see where she was and her friends it made her being so far away that much better.  Congrats to all of you starting this will be one of the best time of your lives

Dou You said:
If anyone is going to UWO...I owe you a beer. Let me know!
I graduated from UWO in 1999.  You owe me three beers ;D

:cheers:

Technoviking said:
I graduated from UWO in 1999.  You owe me three beers ;D

:cheers:
Haha It's a done deal. What does a Viking drink nowadays?  :cheers:

Hey everyone,

My name is Nelly and here's my story...

I'm 20yrs old and I've finally decided on what I'd like to do with the rest of my life
I'd like to become a Canadian forces pilot, but apparently you pretty much have to be perfect specimen for that to happen and since I'm not, I've decided to keep researching other rewarding trades/careers with the Canadian forces. I moved to Canada with my mother when i was just about 15yrs and  joined the air cadet corp a few months b4 i turn 16 which only give me a few yrs in cadets. to make matters worst i did not officially graduate out when i turned 19 i just stopped going  :-[ . i was great in high school either i played 1yr of volleyball, 1yr of soccer and that's as far as my sports went. i excelled my first couple of years in cadets and also earned my GLIDER PILOT LICENSE. but could not keep it up due to the fact that i aged out right after that and could not afford to go flying on my own. I graduated highscool with honours and went to college as a dental assistant. so long story short...I moved to Edmonton Alberta a couple months ago and I'm working as a dental assistant but would like to make a 360 degrees turn with my life and do something great and to me that means being in the Canadian forces someway or another but preferably doing the ROTP and getting a degree and if there's in chance in life at all to someday fly with them ...I've always loved aviation and would do anything to achieve that dream.  so that being said i  know i have to start working on building some sort of portfolio to at least deem me considerable. I have no idea as to where to start but i know once i put my focus on something theres not reason i cannot achieve it...some part of me says it'll never happen...and then other part says never say never nothing is impossible...
so I'm looking for some advice, input, whatever that will help me figure out where to start.  I'm i delusional to think i can achieve such greatness being so underachieved so far??..or is it too late seeing as I'm already 20yrs old???

any input will be greatly appreciated

thanks

ps. sorry for the long post

Okay firstly.

Please don't use MSN speak on here, its hard enough to read your post because it is around 20lines long and there is no spacing, no punctuation, nor capitalization. Its been 5 days and no one has answered your post likely because its physically painful to read.

That having been said, welcome to the forums and please heed my advice or else you will have one of the higher ups give you a big long spiel on how to properly post on the forums.

Although many people come here for advice, this is really not the best place in the world for career advice. The advice that I would offer as someone in training currently would be to decide for yourself what careers in the Canadian forces are of interest to you (pick 2 or 3 if you can) and go visit a recruiting centre and talk to a recruiter. It is their job to know what positions are open, if you would be a competitive candidate for the position and information on what the process is to becoming a Canadian Forces member.

20years old is hardly too old and make sure you visit the recruiter with confidence, I'm sure for every shortcoming you can probably think of a success (ie. Glider pilots license). Be confident and visit the recruiter and go to Forces.ca

I am indeed going in today to speak with a recruiter.
And also thanks for replying to my post.

Nellyfb said:
I'd like to become a Canadian forces pilot, but apparently you pretty much have to be perfect specimen for that to happen

Then I guess the selection board made a huge mistake when they offered me pilot, because I am far from being a "perfect speciment"!
Seriously, if that's really what you want to do, go for it. Prepare yourself well for the CFAT and learn as much as you can about the trade (including the training process) so you know what you are talking about during the interview.
40 persons were offered pilot through ROTP this year, my bet is that many of them (like me) thought that they were not good enough to be selected, but tried anyway and succeded.

Good luck

Incredibly excited about all of the events that occurred today.

So after a disappointing announcement earlier this year that I wasn't accepted to the 2011-2012 ROTP program I registered for my second year courses at UPEI as usual. My recruitment centre called me today. They gave me a job offer as an ACSO! I'm going to finish my degree at UPEI! The officer said he has never seen a job offer go out this late into the year before. Unfortuantely i'm not going to Basic until next summer, but i'm getting sworn in on Friday! I'm really confused about this situation though... has this happened to anyone else before?

Also will I be doing any training during school? Maybe they will explain all of this to me tommorow when I go speak to them, everything is just happening so fast. I'm really excited I get to join the team this year though!!

Islander03 said:
Also will I be doing any training during school? Maybe they will explain all of this to me tommorow when I go speak to them, everything is just happening so fast. I'm really excited I get to join the team this year though!!

No you will just go on BMOQ next summer.

trampbike said:
Then I guess the selection board made a huge mistake when they offered me pilot, because I am far from being a "perfect speciment"!

I can second that.

All jokes aside, you really should apply. Your application does not sound as horrible as you think it is. You had honours in high school, and it sounds like you had some good extra-curriculars, even if they were only for a year or so (which is longer than most). Plus, you have some life experience since high school. I am 20, and I just started at RMC, and I got selected as a pilot. The day I made the decision to apply to the CF was the day that I decided to follow my dreams and never look back. I can guarantee that you will encounter challenges along the way, and they may be seemingly insurmountable, but I can also guarantee that no CF pilot found it easy to get to the position where they are today.

Never sell yourself short. It is good to look into alternative options, but always aim for your dream first.

I hope a few of you are still subscribed to this thread haha.

I applied for ROTP 2012-2013 but was enrolled in ROTP 2011-2012, which means I am going to BMOQ this summer.  No recruit camp for me, so I guess I will have some catching up to do.

Has anybody gotten BMOQ dates for this summer yet?  All I know is that my BMOQ was deferred to summer 2012. 

Obviously they will tell me, and I am preparing for the worst (leaving a couple days after exams), but I'm mostly just making conversation.

People going civi-U in Québec (francophone BMOQ) were all told May 14th by our career manager. However, nobody received the official posting orders yet.

Congrats! Welcome aboard.

Thanks Trampbike,

How have you found it contacting your ULO? Are they usually punctual with responses or does it take a few days?  I know they have a huge amount of people to take care of, but I was wondering how long is too long to not hear back from them.

Interesting that you got an unfilled spot from last year.  Are you going to RMC or Civ U?

LOLslamball said:
How have you found it contacting your ULO? Are they usually punctual with responses or does it take a few days?

It really depends on which base. Some are very fast, others way less.

Civi-U and others attend a group meeting twice a year with the career manager. Basically, a two hours of "don't this and that, never do this, that would piss us off, etc", and that's when he told us the date for BMOQ

LOLslamball said:
I'm in 2nd year of civ-u.  I think that's why I got the offer from last year.

Hey, I think it may be a little more than just that. I am also a second year civilian University ROTP applicant and I received no such news. I'm waiting for an answer like the rest of the 2012-2013 thread.  :)

I bet that you were probably on top of the merit list for your primary occupational choice, which is why they decided to rush you in right away!  :salute:

You're probably right, but  the merit list for AEC was extremely small.  Again, probably why they had a spot from last year haha.  From the numbers my MCC told me, it seems like they'll have extra spots to fill again next year.

Back