• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Hey. Do you mean adding midterm exam marks to my file? Just clarifying, because at first I thought you were being sarcastic, referring to the busy midterm period with the added stress of ROTP applications.

Thanks,

jwtg said:
Anyone heard any rumours yet about when we'll be arriving at RMC?  I understand RMC St. Jean is indicating that they'll be starting up on July 31st.  Any news out of RMC Kingston?  The website still has the joining instructions from March 2010.

Even better, anyone in the know have anything MORE than rumours?

Last year we had to be at RMCC on the 14th of August, so expect sometime around then. I would follow the joining instructions from last year as per what to bring with you, and that sort of thing. The 2011-2012 academic calendar is up, so you can look at that for dates of things throughout the year. Basically you get here in mid August, do two weeks of recruit camp, and then FYOP will start at the end of August. Hope that helps.

Stacked said:
He meant, get good grades in University. Then when mid terms rolls around, bring your marks to the CFRC and "Add them to your application file".  Get it now?...

This.  :nod:

Not sure where you were picking up any sarcasm from.  The code on this site is that you add an appropriate 'smilie' to the post if there is some kind of witty undertone.

Regards
G2G

TripleC said:
Last year we had to be at RMCC on the 14th of August, so expect sometime around then. I would follow the joining instructions from last year as per what to bring with you, and that sort of thing. The 2011-2012 academic calendar is up, so you can look at that for dates of things throughout the year. Basically you get here in mid August, do two weeks of recruit camp, and then FYOP will start at the end of August. Hope that helps.

TripleC, from the sound of it, it's hopefull2011's intent to continue studies at his existing university, but under the ROTP. 

I am not sure if he has noted in his informal research of ROTP that he could still be offered ROTP at RMCC, his having completed a first year at a civilian university notwithstanding.

Regards
G2G

In case anyone was wondering, the applicants from CFRC London will have their Enrollment Ceremony on Jul 23 at the Officer's mess at the Wolsley Barracks.
No word on a specific time yet, but this is just what I have been told up to this point.

Hey guys I actually got my acceptance to RMC for signals officer on april 15th, 2011. I didn't know there was a forum for people applying for ROTP LMAO......but yeah this is great I can't wait to meet everyone in this forum! I have no clue what's going on. I only received an email about my offer and a phone call, and I haven't heard about any updates on when our recruit camp will take place, and when CFRC Toronto will hold the ceremony either....

DanaChoi said:
Hey guys I actually got my acceptance to RMC for signals officer on april 15th, 2011. I didn't know there was a forum for people applying for ROTP LMAO......but yeah this is great I can't wait to meet everyone in this forum! I have no clue what's going on. I only received an email about my offer and a phone call, and I haven't heard about any updates on when our recruit camp will take place, and when CFRC Toronto will hold the ceremony either....

Give your Recruiting Centre a call, they might know when your enrollment is supposed to take place.
As for recruit camp dates, confirmation will come from Canadian Forces Recruiting Group sometime in June. This is what I have been told at least, even though it says Jul 31 on the RMC St-Jean website, it's still better to wait to find out for sure.

DanaChoi said:

I'm in Toronto, I was told July 20th for the ceremony. Congrats on your acceptance!

For anyone in Toronto I have confirmed information on my offer letter of July 20th for the enrollment ceremony. and

Also, Orientation Camp will be at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in St Jean Quebec from 15 to 26 Aug 2011. I believe this is for Civvy U members as that is what I am.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

nairna said:
Also, Orientation Camp will be at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in St Jean Quebec from 15 to 26 Aug 2011.

Which hopefully will be back in operation after the flooding there this spring!

nairna said:
Also, Orientation Camp will be at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in St Jean Quebec from 15 to 26 Aug 2011.

For those attending RMC St. Jean/Civi U? 

Oops! Should have put that in. That is for Civilian University I believe since I am attending civvy U.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have news. I won't be going to RMC this year. Rather, I will be entering the North Saskatchewan Regiment as an officer-cadet through RESO. My files have been transferred from CFRC to the N. Sask's recruiting office. Next Friday I'll be doing the fitness test for them, and providing I pass that (and I'm certain I will. I've come too far to be held back by a measly fitness test), I will be sworn in soon afterwards.

I'd just like to thank everyone here for all the kind words and advice I've received these last few months!

I have received my acceptance call a long time ago, but tonight was informed that my refernces had just been contacted. Is this standard to contact references after being selected/accepted (NCM or Officer)?

nairna said:
For anyone in Toronto I have confirmed information on my offer letter of July 20th for the enrollment ceremony. and

Also, Orientation Camp will be at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in St Jean Quebec from 15 to 26 Aug 2011. I believe this is for Civvy U members as that is what I am.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

You're the first person I've heard of getting a confirmation letter, I'm still waiting on mine, although a friend of mine received a letter stating he was declined.
Waiting patiently, also looking forward to meeting you possibly. The RMC St-Jean website (which is where I am spending my first year) says July 31, not sure why it's so different. Still waiting for confirmation from my file manager in regards to that, though.

2011Applicant said:
You're the first person I've heard of getting a confirmation letter, I'm still waiting on mine, although a friend of mine received a letter stating he was declined.
Waiting patiently, also looking forward to meeting you possibly. The RMC St-Jean website (which is where I am spending my first year) says July 31, not sure why it's so different. Still waiting for confirmation from my file manager in regards to that, though.

When I was first told I was selected, my councilor mentioned one of two options for orientation, either the full month of August or two weeks in August. Perhaps the full month is for RMC students as perhaps there is more to cover regarding the school policy, drill, responsibilities? That would be my only guess at this point.

Hopefully regardless we all have the opportunity to meet and conduct some of the sessions together. It would be great to meet you, and all the other accepted applicants.

I don't think I have ever wanted summer to be over so much!

My swearing in date has been confirmed for August 4th. Looks like us RMC students will not be going away until after then.

Maybe this means we will all have our orientation at the same time. Either way, we will know for sure soon I am guessing.

I got an email today saying that I will be travelling to CFLRS on August 13th, and starting the orientation camp on the 15th. Apparently same goes for civy u students. See you guys there.

Back