• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Just got accepted 4 years RMC aeronautical engineering, occupation pilot. My recruiter said i'll head down to RMC mid August but on the RMC website they talk about a 9 week course prior to your first academic year. Don't know which to believe. Any help?

bretsky said:
Just got accepted 4 years RMC aeronautical engineering, occupation pilot. My recruiter said i'll head down to RMC mid August but on the RMC website they talk about a 9 week course prior to your first academic year. Don't know which to believe. Any help?

Hey bretsky, there used to be a course called IAP (the 9 week course the website is talking about) which was run before the first academic year. Now there is just a 2 week recruit camp before the school year and BMOQ (11 weeks I think) is after the first year.

So they just haven't updated the website yet.

Anyway good luck at RMC.

Just got an e-mail. Anyone who applied through CFRC Vancouver, will have their enrollment ceremony on July 27th. =]

BMOQ is 15 weeks... Well actually its 15 weeks and a few days.. Also know a few people who started it early (Warrior Fitness).. They had a 17 week course.

BMOQ is 11 weeks for ROTP students who attend RMC. The 15 week course is for CivvyU ROTP and DEO entry programs.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/ps/off/index-eng.asp

Hey everyone,

Just got off the phone with the CFRC and was accepted to ROTP for MARS. Best news ever! My hands are shaking while typing this, lol. Can't wait to meet everyone soon.

Got an awesome phone call/e-mail today!

"Pte Bond,

I sent your name in for the ROTP TOP UP SELECTION.  I am happy to pass onto you that you have been picked up for 00195 NUR at CIV U.

Pls call me as soon as possible - to advise if you are still interested.

WO Gariepy"

Definitely the most excited I've been in a long time.

VeryMerry said:
BMOQ is 11 weeks for ROTP students who attend RMC. The 15 week course is for CivvyU ROTP and DEO entry programs.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/ps/off/index-eng.asp

I am already halfway through my degree (1.5 year left) and was accepted in April for ROTP at a civilian university. Does anyone know how it usually works for the BMOQ in such a case? Should I expect a short recruit camp in August like RMC candidates and then the whole 2012 summer? I tried to talk to my file manager, but I've been unable to contact anyone at my CFRC for the past 3 weeks...

I'm in pretty much the same situation, and that's what I was told to expect.

trampbike said:
I am already halfway through my degree (1.5 year left) and was accepted in April for ROTP at a civilian university. Does anyone know how it usually works for the BMOQ in such a case? Should I expect a short recruit camp in August like RMC candidates and then the whole 2012 summer? I tried to talk to my file manager, but I've been unable to contact anyone at my CFRC for the past 3 weeks...

You will do the same thing as everyone else going civvy U, it does not matter how much time you have left.  Recruit camp the first year followed by BMOQ.  If you are a December grad then you will probably do your BMOQ earlier depending on course availability at CFLRS.

MJP said:
You will do the same thing as everyone else going civvy U, it does not matter how much time you have left.

Thanks, but it somehow begs the question since I don't even know what civilian university candidates normally do  ;)

Normally, is the recruit camp before or after the first year?

Thanks

trampbike said:
Thanks, but it somehow begs the question since I don't even know what civilian university candidates normally do  ;)

Normally, is the recruit camp before or after the first year?

Thanks

Well if you had done your research, done a search and maybe read the entire thread you would know that civvy U folks normally do it before their first year of subsidization.  But you didn't do that but rather became condescending when someone gave you an answer.  As well the fact that your original question was about as clear as mud compared to your second one above didn't help the situation.  No worries though dude,  good luck getting answers from moi now though.  :nod:

I'm sorry, I don't know how rude or condescending I sounded, but it surely isn't what I was trying to do. English is my second language and I do my best to express myself as well as I can. I read all the the ROTP thead and spent a lot of time searching and reading the forums since the last year. I was not able to get a definitive answer (I didn't get one from the CFRC either) as to what I should expect for this summer. The answer I got was "recruit camp the first year", and to me it was not obvious if this means before or after the first year of school (I already knew that people going to RMC get to do a recruit camp before their first year).

Anyway, if anyone going to a civilian university received the call or email with the dates of enrollment and recruit camp, I'd be interrested to know (it would be a great help so my can have an estimate about when I'll be leaving).

Olivier

trampbike said:
I'm sorry, I don't know how rude or condescending I sounded, but it surely isn't what I was trying to do. English is my second language

Ack understood

Generally when one uses the winky emoticon when being sarcastic or is making a wry statement.  When you answered it to me considering the answers you seek are in this thread, that you didn't read all the posts or do your research. 

trampbike said:
I was not able to get a definitive answer (I didn't get one from the CFRC either) as to what I should expect for this summer. The answer I got was "recruit camp the first year", and to me it was not obvious if this means before or after the first year of school (I already knew that people going to RMC get to do a recruit camp before their first year).

That both of them do a recruit camp of sorts before they start school (their first year of subsidization) has been laid out before in other ROTP threads (and this thread.  You may have misinterpreted it due to language but the info has been there.

I have to say I have met trampbike, and I was visualizing him saying what he posted, and if you knew him, it wouldn't come across condescending or rude at all. It just goes to show that you really can't judge a person accurately based on what they write, but for that reason, it also shows exactly how careful you have to be when writing something, because people will still judge.

Hello everyone ! First time poster onto this site. I am currently a grade 12 student (graduating in a month) and I will be attending a civilian university starting fall. I am studying Civil Engineering. What I would like to know is if the CF is currently looking for civil engineers to be apart of the ROTP. Also, how soon should I begin my process? Should I head down to the CFRC after graduation and start the paper work?

Thanks in advance for your help. !

Yes, I believe I have missed it for this year. But I was looking to apply next school year (so sometime in September) so that I could possibly be in the ROTP for my second year of university.

hopeful2011 said:
Yes, I believe I have missed it for this year. But I was looking to apply next school year (so sometime in September) so that I could possibly be in the ROTP for my second year of university.

October-November is a good time to apply, especially with mid-terms to add to your file.

Back