• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Azeem said:
Everyone recieve their joining instructions? Got a call from the CFRC last week to go pick them up.

Just wondering about the fitness test that takes part at recruit camp (28 pushups, 35 situps, etc), what happens if you do not pass that? I am physically fit and working hard on increasing my numbers (which are above a pass), but I am very curious as to what happens if you fail the test? Are you sent home and that's it for ROTP?

If you fail the express test you will be put on/given what are called remedial measures.

Remedial Measures  (From DAOD 5019-4 http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/dao-doa/5000/5019-4-eng.asp

Remedial measures are part of the range of administrative actions which may be initiated in respect of a CF member and are intended to:
  • make the CF member aware of any conduct or performance deficiency
  • assist the CF member in overcoming the deficiency; and
  • provide the CF member with time to correct their conduct or improve their performance.

Remedial measures initiated in respect of a CF member are, in increasing significance:
  • initial counselling (IC);
  • recorded warning (RW); and
  • counselling and probation (C&P).

If you fail to pass in the time allotted then you may be bumped up the chain so an initial becomes a recorded warning and so on.  It could eventually lead to release.  It happens as one of my student peers is on their way out the door for failing to achieve any sort of fitness standard despite 3 years of warnings.

Best bet dude is get in shape stay in shape and this will never come to haunt you

edited to remove horrible formatting

Hey all,

Here is the scoop. I got accepted to RMC but applied to Civi U, I never planned on going to RMC but now thats the offer. Does anyone know if I turn down my offer this year, and apply again next year if they will again consider me? Will they hold me to a standard "o so and so turned down the offer already, why give them another chance?"
Has anyone else been in this situation and said no this year, or said no in the past?

work12222 said:
Hey all,

Here is the scoop. I got accepted to RMC but applied to Civi U, I never planned on going to RMC but now thats the offer. Does anyone know if I turn down my offer this year, and apply again next year if they will again consider me? Will they hold me to a standard "o so and so turned down the offer already, why give them another chance?"
Has anyone else been in this situation and said no this year, or said no in the past?

If I were getting my education paid for (and getting paid while going to school), I don't think I'd be so picky about where they wanted to send me.  If you read around some of the other threads here, you'll find that several people are getting offered RMC without applying for it.  Unless you are in a program not offered at RMC (e.g. Nursing Degree), you probably won't get the choice.  This year, or next year.  :2c:

Just some further background,

I applied to civi U as 1) my program is not offered at RMC (environmental Sciences) 2) my long term girlfriend lives there 3) I am already a year into the school, on the soccer team, developed and established. I am not picky I just want to know my options if I say no...

work12222 said:
Just some further background,

I applied to civi U as 1) my program is not offered at RMC (environmental Sciences) 2) my long term girlfriend lives there 3) I am already a year into the school, on the soccer team, developed and established. I am not picky I just want to know my options if I say no...

What trade did you apply for and what program did they offer you at RMC?
I can understand the already being established at school part.

I am in the reserves doing a CT. I am a MARS officer and they gave me bachelor of arts at RMC.

MJP said:
If you fail the express test you will be put on/given what are called remedial measures.

Remedial Measures  (From DAOD 5019-4 http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/dao-doa/5000/5019-4-eng.asp

Remedial measures are part of the range of administrative actions which may be initiated in respect of a CF member and are intended to:
  • make the CF member aware of any conduct or performance deficiency
  • assist the CF member in overcoming the deficiency; and
  • provide the CF member with time to correct their conduct or improve their performance.

Remedial measures initiated in respect of a CF member are, in increasing significance:
  • initial counselling (IC);
  • recorded warning (RW); and
  • counselling and probation (C&P).

If you fail to pass in the time allotted then you may be bumped up the chain so an initial becomes a recorded warning and so on.  It could eventually lead to release.  It happens as one of my student peers is on their way out the door for failing to achieve any sort of fitness standard despite 3 years of warnings.

Best bet dude is get in shape stay in shape and this will never come to haunt you

edited to remove horrible formatting

Does this apply for the ROTP physical standards aswell and not just the expres test?

You will be required to pass the CF Express Test during Recruit Camp. Once at RMC, you will be required to pass the PPT test. If you do not pass the PPT, you will be put on supplemental PT four times a week from 0530 to 0700. Don't fail it or else your life sucks.

yoman said:
You will be required to pass the CF Express Test during Recruit Camp. Once at RMC, you will be required to pass the PPT test. If you do not pass the PPT, you will be put on supplemental PT four times a week from 0530 to 0700. Don't fail it or else your life sucks.

I'm not worried about failing it. I'm just curious by nature I guess! Thanks for the reply.

All of the best to the first year Officer Cadets starting their orientation program at CMR Saint-Jean. Good luck!

Maybe someone can quickly answer this.

I'm in ROTP, and before I head to St. Jean, I'm supposed to head to London this Monday. I believe this is a requirement for all Civ. uni applicants.

Any idea on what to expect? Do I go straight from London to St. Jean?

I'm supposed to be in Halifax on Wednesday, but I have no idea either!

You should have received some sort of instructions from your recruiting centre during your swearing in ceremony, have you been in contact with your ULO (University Liason Officer) yet?  It's a little late to figure things out now on a Friday if you need to be somewhere Monday.  Are you both currently in the same city as your school?  If not, then you should have some sort of a posting message.  If you are there, then you will have some other sort of paperwork with information in regards to your recruit camp in St Jean.  Read through it all, the info should be there.  Failing that, contact your ULO monday morning, you should have their contact info somewhere

matthias.obrien said:
Maybe someone can quickly answer this.

I'm in ROTP, and before I head to St. Jean, I'm supposed to head to London this Monday. I believe this is a requirement for all Civ. uni applicants.

Any idea on what to expect? Do I go straight from London to St. Jean?

Last year for me in London it was just an in-clearance that took a few hours then I went back home. It may have changed though so try to contact your ULO as soon as possible.

Everyone excited yet? I'm leaving tomorrow morning can't wait to see you all there! Whats everyones baggage like? I think im bringing two bags: one that I do not have to open until I get to Kingston, and one that I will use at St Jean. Whats everyone else doing?

I'm quite excited too! I'm only bringing one medium-sized bag (I'm going to a civilian university after the orientation camp). I have no idea really how much clothing I should bring since the information package I got was for the 15 weeks BOMQ, so I went for a bit less than what was recommended for it.

Anyone knows how the platoons will be formed (language, trade, RMC/CMR/civilian university, randomly...)? My first language is french, but I'd like to receive the instructions in english, we'll see how it works pretty soon.

Very excited to be flying out tomorrow! I sent my unaccompanied baggage this morning. It was just a duffle bag. I'm bringing a suit case and a backpack with me to St. Jean.(Also a laptop bag, but that's all being confiscated. I just felt a bit hesitant to send my electronics in an unaccompanied bag. At least this way they'll be safe.) I'm packed an ready to go! =]

I'm having a few problems acquiring an up to date transcript, so that's basically my biggest worry to this point.  :facepalm:

If anyone would like to let me know how to delete messages feel free.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

:cdn:
Hello to everyone and congrats to all who are on their LONG awaited trip!!
When you all get a chance to see this after your intense days, I must say THANK YOU for ALL of the banter back and forth.
Your information and questions helped us in the past months, both during the application process and the preparation for RMC.
Our son flew out this a.m. and should be well on his way to SJ as I write this. If you are all as nice in person as you are on the forum, he will certainly make some great life long friends!!
Good luck...I'll be watching for you at the Arch Parade :)

Back