• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Hey, great guess Trampbike haha, got an email today saying I will be loaded on the May 14th BMOQ, so I guess I'll see you there.

Do you know what you are doing between the end of school and start of BMOQ?

You can use some of your paid leave days.
As for me, I guess I'll be in school until May 12th, since my school is on strike and the session will last longer than planned.

my last exam is April 16th, so too many days to use leave for.  Its just a weird situation, because I was only enrolled a month before school ends.

Chances are you will be put on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) until your course starts. Enjoy your time off.

Heff18 said:
Chances are you will be put on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) until your course starts. Enjoy your time off.

Serving members are rarely placed on LWOP once they are on paid service unless they ask for it.  In between end schoo and coursel you will probably do EWAT on a base, at a reserve unit, CFRC etc etc.  Hell you might even sit on your thumbs doing SFA till you go away on BMOQ.  I can almost guarantee you won't be going on LWOP.

MJP said:
Serving members are rarely placed on LWOP once they are on paid service unless they ask for it.  In between end schoo and coursel you will probably do EWAT on a base, at a reserve unit, CFRC etc etc.  Hell you might even sit on your thumbs doing SFA till you go away on BMOQ.  I can almost guarantee you won't be going on LWOP.

That's what I was told earlier (about LWOP).  Either way I will find out soon. 

Ah, I see. I was just basing it off my experience where I was placed on LWOP after my enrollment until I left for my course. 

As for recruit camp, it was an interesting experience. It was the first time the course had been ran and mine happened at RMC, but I've heard it happens at the MEGA now. It should give you an idea of what will come at BMOQ.

The 2 weeks recruit camp at the MEGA is fun. It's supposed to prepare you for BMOQ, but the instructors, at least for my platoon, were not as strict as I thought they'd be. I'm sure they are much more intense during BMOQ.

The instructors are hilarious when they want to.
You just have to play the game.

Enjoy the food.

As far as I know I was loaded right on to BMOQ, skipping the recruit camp.  Sounds like it would have been a fun couple of weeks in comparison to BMOQ.  Hopefully I'll get to see how hilarious our instructors can be in the latter weeks of BMOQ.

My courses are done April 18th and I start BMOQ on May 7th, but my ULO told me I could use my paid leave days either before or after BMOQ and I chose after (so I can enjoy some of the summer); therefore I'm assuming I'll be put on EWAT beforehand. what kind of tasks could you be doing while on EWAT?

Photocopy, make coffee, help pick up canteen stock at Costco, stay out people's way.

Stuff like that.

Don't worry Hewitt, the call should come in the next 2-3 weeks for most of you.

I did however received today me letter of TD for the May 14th BMOQ!

Hey, me too!

Other than the link to the joining instructions, the names of everybody and some travel rules there wasn't anything in there right? or did I miss something.

I may not be able to make it though, I am 1 week into a bad grade 2 ankle sprain.  Civy doctor and military doctor didn't think I'd be ready in time.  Physio doctor says 6-8 weeks recovery but he thinks after 4 weeks my ankle will be 70% and I can start running with a brace.  So if everything goes well and I am allowed to wear a brace for the first month then I'll be there!

Back