• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

Thanks, I'll use the money to pick up more of the stuff listed in the joining instructions. I haven't officially received mine, but have been shopping off the one on the website.

janbear said:
I'm being enrolled June 4th in Regina and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how long the ceremony usually lasts? What all happens? I know there is an oath and signing of some papers...anything else really? I'm pretty excited!!!

Hey Janbear,

The ceremony is pretty short, but you will be filling in papers and signing a lot of documents. My guests waited for about 2 hours before the actual ceremony, and I know that it can take even more time than that. Swearing in is a legal thing, there is a lot of paperwork involved. The ceremony is usually the Canadian anthem followed by the oath and then the picture taking with the enrolling officer. Bring a camera and have someone take a picture of you.

Sure didĀ  :D Enrolment ceremony on July 6th, leaving for Basic on July 25th! I'm excited, time to step up my P.T.

Had my ceremony today...it was pretty sweet...i'm soooo happy and proud:) 22 more days till I leave for Montreal:)

I called the recruiting office a few days ago, they looked into my file, told me I got a position in the navy that I wanted ,the ceremony is this upcoming monday, I should dress nice, and a letter will be sent out soon. However I m not sure how to go about this right now since its friday, I haven't got any letters or emails and I wouldn't want to show up to the ceremony on monday and I m not suppose to be there or I am unprepared, recruiting office isnt picking up either, not sure what to do.

Congratulations!
Did you pick Armour Corps? From I am told, that's a GREAT trade.

I got the call today (april 14th 2010) and was offered a job in field artillery beginning September 7th.

I applied in late November of 09, was told so many different thing about when i might get hired so i kinda just said whatever knowing that i would get the call eventually i almost gave up. i never been this happy in my life i'm so pumped.

if anyone else has BMQ in Sept in Bordon let me know :D

Lol thank you god I'm pumped I cannot wait I'm going to go crazy waiting 5 months but at least I know I'm goingĀ  ;D

Congratulations, but...

Are you a member of JTF2 already?

Most people do not take too kindly to others using the insignia that they earned.

I understand what your saying there Loachman and no I'm not JTF2 however it is something I highly respect and am aspiring to but I never looked at it that way before and I'm sorry if it may of offended any JTF2 members. But you never know maybe one dayĀ  :p

Hey Sixfish I'm doing Borden sept 7th also. Let's hope we get the same Platoon (I've heard there aren't many rolling at the same time at Borden, so chances of that are high)

Look forward to meeting you!

SixFishSticks said:
i understand what your saying there Loachman. and no I'm not JTF2 however it is something i highly respect and am aspiring to but i never looked at it that way before and I'm sorry if it may of offended any JTF2 members. but you never know maybe one day

I hope that you get your wish. Work hard, want it enough, and you stand a good chance.

I doubt that anybody would take great offence over just a quick display and correction, and I thank you for pulling it.

Within a short time - although it may feel long - you will be awarded your Artillery capbadge. You will feel considerable - and justifiable - pride at that point. Should you then encounter somebody on the street wearing one that they'd snapped up in an Army surplus shop, you'd be a bit miffed because you earned the right to wear it properly.

Now - about that capitalization thingy...

Loachman said:
Now - about that capitalization thingy...

Lol ya I kind of fail at capitalization when I type really fast. At least my spelling is correct most of the timeĀ  ;D

and I hope I meet you as well Sticktoyourguns its going to be a long wait till were in Borden (lol) but it should be a blast!

The trade I'm going into is field artillery. I pretty much am merit listed now and its pretty much a give in. The captain said that I will more than likely get the Sept BMQ. So hey maybe I'll see you there.

Well congrats gentlepersons, Sept 7 for myself as well, going Crewman, look for ward to seeing you there.

*edit for title spelling*

Back