• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

Alexei_Kovalev said:
I could only convince my sister to come as a guest, no one else seemed to care :-\
same here, ha ha, my only guest has to work the night before I swear in, so I may be going solo, not that it bothers me. I understand its mostly paperwork anyways, and who would want to sit through that?

Don't worry if you don' t have any guests, I was the same, soon enough youll have a new extended family to count on, not only the no-hooks like yourselves when you get it, but youll soon find that it extends well beyond chevrons and bars.  It truly is a great organization, unlike any other.

Just a suggestion for those who plan on swearing in without any guests in attendance.  Ask one of your fellow recruits who has their camera or a family member with camera there to take a couple of pictures of your swearing in.  At least you will have a couple of photos of the occasion for posterity.  Then make sure to get their phone number or email address.

MamaBear said:
Just a suggestion for those who plan on swearing in without any guests in attendance.  Ask one of your fellow recruits who has their camera or a family member with camera there to take a couple of pictures of your swearing in.  At least you will have a couple of photos of the occasion for posterity.  Then make sure to get their phone number or email address.

Aye, I can echo that. My regret from my swearing in sum 15 years ago, is that no one was there to take a picture of me doing it. A proud moment, and no pic to go with it.

I'm planning on getting fairly dressed up myself. I'm going to have my husband and my 5 year old son there as guests. I'm very excited for my little boy to be there to witness something so spectacular! I wonder how many of us will be there!?

I'm so excited for you all of you swearing in! I just got the news today that I'll be most likely swearing in at the end of the month and I can't wait.

Good luck all!

So I got sworn in yesterday, Im now a Private in the CF technicly on leave for the next 10 days, feels good!  :salute:

smoke said:
So I got sworn in yesterday, Im now a Private in the CF technicly on leave for the next 10 days, feels good!  :salute:

Congratulations Smoke and to everyone who had been sworn in. I'm very happy for you. Keep it up and be proud!  :salute:

smoke said:

Congrats to you, and anyone else who recently swore in. Enjoy your remaining days and have fun at BMQ. >:D ;D

Congrats to all the new CF members! Welcome to the family guys and gals.

HanrattSea said:
Although my flight time was given to me, I didn't get a ticket to actually get on the airplane. Anybody know what's up with that?

Its an E-Ticket......you just have to show up with valid ID at the check-in counter.

BTW why didnt you ask that question when they gave you your flight time ?

CDN Aviator said:
There's nothing technical about it. You are LWOP.......Leave without pay

...Now drop and give me 50. >:D

Kat Stevens said:
...Now drop and give me 50. >:D

That is a good one.....joker  ;D

Talking of fliying out to St Jean, is citizenship card good enough to board the plane, or do we have to bring our passport?

jacksparrow said:
That is a good one.....joker  ;D

Talking of fliying out to St Jean, is citizenship card good enough to board the plane, or do we have to bring our passport?

Picture ID for travel within Canada

HanrattSea said:
I didn't think of it at the time. So it's booked and they have it in their computer and I just show my ID so they can look up my name and print me off my flight pass? Convenient.

Very convenient. Definitely a lot better than standing in line and waiting forever to get your boarding pass.

HanrattSea said:
So it's booked and they have it in their computer and I just show my ID so they can look up my name and print me off my flight pass?

Yup, just walk over to the check-in counter, tell the agent your name and what flight you are on, present your ID, answer all their questions. They will print off your boarding pass and tell you where to go. They will handle your lugage and you will be on your way.

I dont know what airline you are going on but the process is the same regardless. If you have a credit card you may be able to use toe automated check-in machines at the airport, if they have them at your location.

Air Canada has a new policy regarding checked baggage. They only allow one (1) peice of checked baggage and charge $25 per extra piece on top of the extra baggage charge. IIRC that starts August 1st but i would check on that.

What is the allowed size for suitacases for St Jean and does one get to have access to it all the time once there? For clothes am guessing 5 sets of civilian clothing should be OK, along with a pair of dress shoes, running shoes and casual sneakers?

The exact detailed list of what you need to bring is in your joining instructions.

Back