• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Decline of the Liberal Party- Swerved Into a Confederation Topic

I still don’t understand the love for Joly. But then my idea of competent leadership and the current LPC idea are galaxies apart.
Well….she’s been known to Trudeau for some time, and it seems as though there is a mutual understanding between the two.

I noticed you didn’t say over-delivered.
You Know GIF

I think you're right. The LPC went with Trudeau in 2013 despite his many and well known deficiencies. Her had there things going for him:
  • Persona- he's handsome, personally very pleasant, and charming;
  • He's a great campaigner - he actually loves campaigning and he does it well; and
  • Name!!!
But that's all there is and that's all there ever was. Dion and Ignatieff knew that - look at the critic posts they assigned to him in the post-Martin era - fitness and amateur sports and so on.

But he and his team recruited - in 2014/15 - a pretty substantial list iff candidates and they ran a good-to-great campaign in 2015. Then it all began to go sour. There was no vision ... sorry that's wrong, there was a green, feminist vision but they failed to implement much of it because there was no coherence or discipline in the cabinet.

Now, it seems to me, Freeland is yesterday's woman and Carney is interested in almost anything expect leading Canada and there needs to be a sacrificial Anglo before Joly can have her turn. If I was a Liberal I think I would start polishing Anita Anand, Marci Ien, Filomena Tassi or Ginette Petitpas Taylor. I suspect that either Anand or Ian might well frustrate Poilievre in Ontario and secure another Liberal strong minority, at least.
I'm not so sure about Ien. She seems very focused on equity issues, which is great because that is her portfolio, but she has little to no profile on matters relating to finance, economy, international relations, etc. Could be wrong.

I'm not so sure about Ien. She seems very focused on equity issues, which is great because that is her portfolio, but she has little to no profile on matters relating to finance, economy, international relations, etc. Could be wrong.
She plays a great race-persecution card to distract from blasting through a stop sign at speed.

She plays a great race-persecution card to distract from blasting through a stop sign at speed.

Darn that video evidence getting in the way of a good story.

She's upset that being the former co-host of a TV show doesn't get her any mileage?!?

Maybe next time she'll be charged - then she'll have the forum she desires.

Its about time those that play the "race card" when they've been caught red handed doing something illegal are outed. Serves her right.

There is a difference between equity and equality.

A simplistic example would be Biden's new federal hiring practices.

Equality would mean everyone competes at the same level for a job based on merit and qualification, not race.

Equity means people are being hired to average out the colour of the workplace, in Biden case, based on skin colour and not merit or qualification.

Which results in this

And this

Last edited:
Back