• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

Hey I did part of my bmq there last year. Atlantic Platoon all the way!!! I got put on PAT platoon due to an injury but am going to try and get on course very soon. Maybe on a course with you guys??? If not good luck to all of you!

Got my call today APRIL 19, 2010. It is in Borden, but its on Sept 13th. I leave on Sept 11.

OK, I got an email from the recruiter saying that I've been selected for my job on April 13 and will be starting BMQ on September 7th and that I will very soon be getting a call with my enrollment day and travelling dates as well. But I still haven't gotten the actual call for some reason.

I just figured out something horrible  :-\

I'm only 18 and my birthday is December 12 so if most of us start on September 7th I wont be 19 till after grad which isn't the problem.

The problem is the drinking age is Ontario is 19. So I cannot drink with my buddies on weekend passed and after grad  :-\

I thought I was going to go to St. Jean in Quebec with has a drinking age of 18 which would of worked out great. and only now did it click into my head that Borden is in Ontario :-[.

P.S. I don't drink often I could say I drink rarely but it would of been nice if I could of celebrated with my Buds at the bar.

SixFishSticks said:
The problem is the drinking age is Ontario is 19. So I cannot drink with my buddies on weekend passed and after grad  :-\

Isn't the drinking age in Saskatchewan also 19?

Similar situation happened with a couple of the kids I did Aircrew Selection with in March. They were 18 and from Alberta. Even though they were legal in Alberta, they couldn't celebrate their passing of ACS with a beer in Trenton.

The drinking age in Saskatchewan is 19 to but that's why I was super pumped when I thought I was going to Quebec.

You should be happy you dont live in the states where the drinking age is 21. You are there to train. I know you wanna drink with your platoon mates but trut me thre will be many other occasions after bmq to drink with your buddies. Suck it up and soldier on!

First congratulations on being awarded the job and a start date ! I went to college in Barrie, ON and to make the ends-meet with bills and tuition I worked at the Queens as a doorman. You should feel lucky you'll be nowhere close to having the kind of hangovers I watched the droves of Recruits on weekend leave setting themselves up for.

If I am fortunate enough to be plucked from the Merit List and sent to BMQ I hope it's not taken like I am not able to fit in because I will choose to save my money, train, and not drink till I feel I have accomplished what I set out to do.

McD said:
If I am fortunate enough to be plucked from the Merit List and sent to BMQ I hope it's not taken like I am not able to fit in because I will choose to save my money, train, and not drink till I feel I have accomplished what I set out to do.

Drinking is nothing new to me, the novelty of getting smashed has long since warn off. I enjoy a couple of drinks when I go out, but nothing crazy (usually). I'm sure you and I aren't the only ones. :nod:

Got the call earlier today and will be joining all of you for Sept. 7th!!  Can't wait!!

Hey,
My name is Dawna and I was just going through the forums looking for anyone on the Sept 13th BMQ in Borden.  I am joing as a Dental tech. Just wanted to let you know I started a Facebook Group (Canadian Forces BMQ Sept 13, 2010 Borden, Ont) so people could get to know each other before we arrive in Borden.
TTYS
Dawna

Hey, another Detal Tech!! I am going to St Jean Aug 16th. I know this is the the Sept thread, but I just wanted to shout out to a fellow dental tech recruit :)

Pokiey said:
Got the call earlier today and will be joining all of you for Sept. 7th!!  Can't wait!!

Hey Pokiey look forward to training with you! P.M me your info so  I can add you to FB. I'll also refer you to Sixfish who is likewise joining us!  :camo:

dentechrecruit said:
Hey,
My name is Dawna and I was just going through the forums looking for anyone on the Sept 13th BMQ in Borden.  I am joing as a Dental tech. Just wanted to let you know I started a Facebook Group (Canadian Forces BMQ Sept 13, 2010 Borden, Ont) so people could get to know each other before we arrive in Borden.
TTYS
Dawna

Just signed up today on the facebook group. Hoping to hear from my new team mates!

Just getting the final confirmation from the docs at the mir. At 99.9% sure that Ill be doing bmq with you guys. Can't wait!

kadrury said:
Just getting the final confirmation from the docs at the mir. At 99.9% sure that Ill be doing bmq with you guys. Can't wait!

Glad to hear it! Look forward to training with you. PM me your info if you want so we can start a Sept 7th Borden  BMQ link up!

Hi all, I am also coming to Bordon all the way from Vancouver in to start BMQ on the 7th.
I don't know if some of you read my previous posts. Although I haven't got an actual call, I got an email from my recruiter a couple weeks ago saying this:

"You have been selected for a job on 13 April. You will be starting Basic Military Qualification training on 07 Sep 2010.  You will be getting a phone call with a job offer very soon and you will be given an enrolment day and travelling dates as well.
Until then, hold tight!"

I even called the recruiting center after that to confirm, and they said that yes, I certainly was selected for that position and will be starting BMQ on the 7th and should be more patient and wait for the call.
So now I have plenty of time, 4 months, to prepare for BMQ, as I am still only able to reach level 5.0 of the shuttle run. But 4 months is more than enough for me to train myself to beat level 6.

I just hope it won't be as rainy there in Bordon in the fall as it is here in Vancouver.

No - it's okay. We're getting all of our signs changed.

Back