• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

jacksparrow said:
What is the allowed size for suitacases for St Jean and does one get to have access to it all the time once there? For clothes am guessing 5 sets of civilian clothing should be OK, along with a pair of dress shoes, running shoes and casual sneakers?

Don't bring a massive suit case but at the same time don't bring something too small. After you start you won't see it for a few weeks anyways as it will be locked up. Once you get weekends off you will buy stuff so you still want to be able to transport it. Five sets of civi clothes would probably work. I think I brought 2 pairs of pants and 3 or 4 shirts with me. As the above poster said, your joining instructions should give a better idea of what to bring.

Anyone swearing in, in Hamilton On for the Aug 18th start date at st jean? The original swearing in date of Aug 6th has changed

Does anybody know if the Queens own rifles have an enrollment ceremony where they would "pool" all the applicants together and swear them in or do they call the applicant when they receive his/her file to swear them in, or both?

You will most likely be sworn in as a group.

Your best bet for an accurate answer however is to call Moss Park Armouries and ask to speak to the QOR recruiting NCO.

Seebs, they will swear everyone in together. I'm waiting to be sworn in hopefully in September and when I called them they said I would be swearing in with a lot more people.

MedTechStudent said:
Short Answer: "Water-board Torture Resistance Training" - they don't want any sissies after all.

Long Answer: Does it matter?  I'm still waiting for my swear in date and when I get it I could care less if I'm waiting around for 5 hours.  It means the long wait is over.  I mean do you have something better to do that day?   :p  All I can say is I'm sure they have you there for a good reason if thats the time they gave you.  As was said before it will most likely be fun paper work and other administrative things.  Joy.   ;)

Good luck! 

Kyle
...And the longer wait begins ;)

Hey,

I just had a question regarding my enrollment ceremony that maybe someone will be able to answer for me. (Preferably from the Montreal Area).

I received a call informing me that I was given a position (Weapon Technician, Regular Force for all you curious people out there, sadly not Infantry because of my vision) and I was told that my Enrollment ceremony would be on June 3rd, 2009 and that more information regarding it would arrive shortly in the mail.

Well, I just received the package to find out that there is absolutely no information regarding the ceremony whatsoever. I will not have a chance to call the center until Tuesday next week so I was wondering if anyone here was attending it and could enlighten me :)

Thanks in advance

blade227 said:
I will not have a chance to call the center until Tuesday next week

So call Tuesday next week. Still plenty of time. Its not like the ceremony is a huge deal requiring meticulous preparation on your part.

what do you need to know?

dress nicely and show up on time *ie 10-15 minutes early*

Lil_T said:
what do you need to know?

dress nicely and show up on time *ie 10-15 minutes early*

And don't forget to bring mum and dad and a camera!
Congratulations and good luck!

Lil_T said:
dress nicely
Can't stress enough, remember, this is a pretty amazing moment in the beginning of your career.  Take the time, look the part.  :cdn:

Well i just swore in yesterday.  You don't really need much.  Just make sure you have contact information for you executor and beneficiary for your will.  This includes their full name, middle names too, address and date of birth.  Also have the same info plus phone numbers for your next of kin if you don't already have those things memorized.  Other than that just dress nice like everybody has already said.  Good luck!

What I meant by this is, they didn't even tell me what time it was or where it was. I have absolutely no clue.

blade227 said:
What I meant by this is, they didn't even tell me what time it was or where it was. I have absolutely no clue.

So call them next tuesday like you said. If you didnt know, next Tuesday is the 19th.......thats well before the 3rd of June.

I will, just thought maybe I might be lucky and find someone who was going to the same one :)

blade227 said:

In your package there should be General Enrolment Information page with the date, time and what to bring.
Anyway,
- you are to show up at 7:30 am, at the Montreal CFRC
- you may invite 2 guests and they are not to come before 10:00 am (so the  paper says. Probably so people do not stand there for 2 hrs while you are doing all the admin stuff)
- someone here already mentioned the will forms
- if you are married, you need to bring marriage certificate along with your spouse's birth certificate (both originals), they may also ask for his/her social insurance number

And that's it.
Congratulations and good luck!  :salute:

I'm being enrolled June 4th in Regina and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how long the ceremony usually lasts? What all happens? I know there is an oath and signing of some papers...anything else really? I'm pretty excited!!!

Just curious,

I got a call from the CFRC on Friday that stated to enjoy my weekend and look forward to good news on Monday (kind of sounded like a directly delivered horoscope)  ;D. I'm assuming I will be advised of my swearing in date, as I've already been advised I'm merit listed. This got me thinking about my lack of any form of will.

I have heard that during week 0 of basic there is a course, or class, regarding wills. If I don't have a will do I have the opportunity to make one during this class? Or should I be looking for a lawyer before my swearing in?

Don't worry about visiting a lawyer you will be filling out a will (one of many in your career) so save yourself the money.

Back