• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

Alea said:
Ha ha ha!

It's really not a laugh. Both Manticure and Alea , as all recruits will learn, attention to detail. Spelling is part of that attention. This has been discussed before on the site, but accept the warning for what it is worth. A "ha ha ha" on course when a teammate gets in trouble will land you more trouble.

kratz said:
It's really not a laugh. Both Manticure and Alea , as all recruits will learn, attention to detail. Spelling is part of that attention. This has been discussed before on the site, but accept the warning for what it is worth. A "ha ha ha" on course when a teammate gets in trouble will land you more trouble.

Kratz,

My apologies. You're right. English not being my first language I, myself, make so may spelling mistakes... I was more laughing at the way CDN Aviator answered but I shouldn't have.
Manticure, my apologies to you also.

Alea

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I agree with Loachman and if your posts are as well considered for other's looking to join the CF,
consider reading [ur=http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/89056/post-884431.html#msg884431l]this thread[/url]  :nod:

Well actually the only reason I was typing Bordon is because that's the way it's typed in the topic title, and I've never known about this city before so I assumed this spelling was the right one. Perhaps we should change it in the title?

This is going to be a dumb question but trust me when I say I looked around the website and I don't know how to change the title of the topic  :-\ please help

SixFishSticks said:
This is going to be a dumb question but trust me when I say I looked around the website and I don't know how to change the title of the topic  :-\ please help

SixFishSticks,

Here's a link that might be of some help... I just used the "search" option ;)
If you can't find your answer there than ask a moderator.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/59495.0.html

Alea

I've joined as a Line Tech and start Sept 7 at Borden for BMQ.  If there is a good collection of us starting on the 7th someone should fire up a facebook group for our date as well! Any other Line Techs?

I created a facebook page for everyone heading to BMQ on Sept 7th it's called
Canadian Armed Forces (Sept 7th BMQ) Borden, Ontario
It's open to anyone

These are the joining instructions I was directed to use for Borden:

http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/navy_images/navres_images/welcome/BMQ%20Joining%20Instructions%2009.pdf

As I said, I'm joining as Army Reg Force, and I might be a little confused as these are tailored more to Navy Reserves (but so is Borden.) I just want to be sure that we're all on the same page. I was initially told to use St. Jean joining instructions but to arrive at Borden. I requested some more info and was given this link.

I'm from Vancouver and I got the call a couple of days ago. September 7 in Borden for Sig Op.

Having recently graduated from my BMQ in Borden I can tell you that they run four platoons at once. Two will start one week, and the other two will start the week after. Atlantic and Vimy platoons are downstairs in the barracks, and Britain and Normandy are upstairs. For me Britain/Normandy started one week earlier then the downstairs platoons. Each platoon will start with roughly 50-60 people.

MGB said:

http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/navy_images/navres_images/welcome/BMQ%20Joining%20Instructions%2009.pdf

As I said, I'm joining as Army Reg Force, and I might be a little confused as these are tailored more to Navy Reserves (but so is Borden.) I just want to be sure that we're all on the same page. I was initially told to use St. Jean joining instructions but to arrive at Borden. I requested some more info and was given this link.

I was just as confused by you on this. The way I see it, the CFLRS St-Jean instructions are more useful for what the course intails specifically, as well as what to bring. The Borden "Naval Reserve" Instructions serve as directions to get there. I just wonder if, Borden being further away, the visit to the field of Honor and the War museum still happens. I don't think it matters though. Just show up at Borden, on time, at let the rest be handled from that point forward.

the visit to the war museum still happens. Usually during around the time of rememberance day. And in my opinion the nrtd joining instructions are better cfor we are doing bmq at borden. trust me on this. use the nrtd ones. any questions send them my way. ive been through this once before atthis base and will try to anwser questions to the best of my ability, but trust me I dont know everyting so take my advice as you want to!

Cheers!

MGB said:

Can anyone confirm that these really are the instructions that those joining the regular force should use? It seems like they are for NRTD. Should I reference these instructions anyway?

Manticure said:
Can anyone confirm that these really are the instructions that those joining the regular force should use? It seems like they are for NRTD. Should I reference these instructions anyway?

I was instructed at the time of my offer to go to the CFLRS website and print those instructions.

I think the most important thing to remember is that BMQ is the same accross the whole Canadian Forces. Personally, having compared the two side by side, the only difference I find between the St-Jean and Borden instructions would be the "How to get there" and that St-Jean delves a tad deeper into policies such as harassment, and offers a section at the end to breifly educate a recruit on ranks and insignia.

Print both, and just use your best judgement. I'm sure you won't be shot if you brought an item on the st-jean instructions not present on the Borden ones.

Don't sweat the small stuff, as has been said again and again on this site, simple things like joining instructions will seem all to meaningless once we get on course.  :salute:

Cheers,

STYG

Sticktoyourguns said:
Print both, and just use your best judgement. I'm sure you won't be shot if you brought an item on the st-jean instructions not present on the Borden ones.

Don't sweat the small stuff, as has been said again and again on this site, simple things like joining instructions will seem all to meaningless once we get on course.  :salute:

Cheers,

STYG

One of the best statements I have seen in a bit.  :nod:

Back