• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

Could you imagine trying to jump out of a glider in the air? The thing's so small I can barely get in it on the ground! And I'm only 135 pounds, imagine a normal sized person with a parachute trying to get out.

BTW, if anyone was still interested they do use teh DAisy's on ITRCC. I heard the closest they got to any C7's was cleaning them haha....

WO2_mandal said:
BTW, if anyone was still interested they do use teh DAisy's on ITRCC. I heard the closest they got to any C7's was cleaning them haha....

Ya its in the CATO's.

14. CSTC â “ use of the C7/8 is not authorized.
15. LHQ â “ use of the C7/8 is not authorized.

Sucks eh? ah well we have planes  ;D But realy, why would we be not allowed to use them? Sea cadets get to use them, and there not land related.

relax, i was just answering a question posted by someone in that stupid thread about C7's that Sgt guy made.......don't want to start a whiny session about why we don't shoot C7's.......

WO2_mandal said:
relax, i was just answering a question posted by someone in that stupid thread about C7's that Sgt guy made.......don't want to start a whiny session about why we don't shoot C7's.......

I'm actually the one who asked, what air cadets used on Introduction to Rifle coaching. I wasn't complaining, just curiouse.

Rather go flying then that anyday!

Has anyone heard of people shooting normal target range things with lee enfields (I don't know the term since I don't go shooting allot). I've only heard of target shooting being done with Daisy's which I found bizarre since they used lee enfields for biathlon when I staffed provincials this winter.

_Kuefler_ said:
thank you all for beating some sense into my head i needed that :salute:
but you can all realease your death grip on my ego please

By the way this is meant to be funny
not crude

No I'm afraid they can't.  If someone talks out of their rear then they are clearly going to be called on it.

I was an Air cadet with 818 Toronto Falcon Sqn; I am now a CIC officer.

Excuse me while I go laugh at your name.

F/Sgt Kessler said:
Has anyone heard of people shooting normal target range things with lee enfields (I don't know the term since I don't go shooting allot). I've only heard of target shooting being done with Daisy's which I found bizarre since they used lee enfields for biathlon when I staffed provincials this winter.

Which Lee Enfield?  The No 4 Mk 1 .303 or No 2 Mk 4 .22?

I would guess that cadets who are shooting with Daisy's are doing so because they are in all probability less expensive and easier to acquire than either the Anshutz or Lee Enfield No 7 Mk 1.  The caliber and principles of marksmanship are the same for all three.

Well, its almost time. Power becons. In 12 short hours I'll be on the bus to Montreal before returning almost to home :rage: Anyway, have fun all, don't kill each other before I get back.....except for Mandel. You can kill him......;)

Kessler,Voutour told me that we can shoot the lee enfield .22's anymore all the indoor ranges in winnipeg that can take a .22 and are free for use by Air cadets have been shut down due to lead contamination, even the res at Minto supposivly use lasers or something like that insted of bullets for there range time now.
The only way we can shoot the lee's is if we went to det and took them out and said it was for biatholon then.... drove out to a outdoor biatholon range I think cadets has one out in selkirk. It's just too much work. But the skeet club at the floodway offered the use of their facilities and shotguns so we can take the whole squadron skeet shooting.

Well if it is "shut down" to Air Cadets, how come we shoot the .22 lead rounds in outdoor ranges at Borden often?? ???

It's an outdoor and open range....there is no "indoor" to hold the fumes and whatever that make up the gunk that goes into lead poisoning.....

Future Unknown said:
But the skeet club at the floodway offered the use of their facilities and shotguns so we can take the whole squadron skeet shooting.

Air Cadets are not authorized to fire a shot gun.  Be Careful.  We are only authorized to shoot the Lienfield .22 or the aunshwitz. 

Ranges in Central Region have been closed for a few years now.  It is a pain, but at least we have air rifles!

Back