• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Be careful as to what you talk about with regard to the CFAT. Spatial Awareness is a skill that can be developed ironically by playing video games. For the average person if one was to throw objects onto the ground like say golf balls they could immediately be aware of 2-3 then start counting from there. Video gamers can often be immediately aware of up to 5.

CFRC New Westminster said last date for ROTP apps is this Friday the 14th. Does anyone know if we can submit letters of recommendation after this date? CFAT is easy, Interview is hard, and Medical is nerve wrecking.

Yeah i have no idea what you are talking about either.

You have your references, and from what I understand back check randomly calls them.

However, I have asked my references every now and then if they have been contacted and every time they say no. My interview is this Friday so it seems kind of weird.

runormal said:
However, I have asked my references every now and then if they have been contacted and every time they say no. My interview is this Friday so it seems kind of weird.

Some processes run in parallel; this could be the case.

pudd13 said:
Letters of recommendation for what?

For the ROTP program, like additional certificates of education or proof of instruction. For example I'm a qualified Snowboard Instructor the CF wants to see that sort of thing I bring my certificate in and they photo copy it goes towards my application. I was told last year if you want to be competitive you should have at least 1 letter of recommendation.

Well I haven't heard anything about letters of recommendation or certificates or anything like that. My interviewing officer was definitely aware of my various certificates, but never asked to see proof of them. But if that is the case, I am assuming there is no set date on it, or else I am sure they would have mentioned it to all of us.

Tom_Swift said:
For the ROTP program, like additional certificates of education or proof of instruction. For example I'm a qualified Snowboard Instructor the CF wants to see that sort of thing I bring my certificate in and they photo copy it goes towards my application. I was told last year if you want to be competitive you should have at least 1 letter of recommendation.

I know what you mean. I sail at a national level. Clearly, I wrote that on my application. For a little bit of a boost I got my coach to write a letter of recommendation. I'm also a cadet. I got my CO to write a recommendation for me as well. I also got told that having a letter would make for a better application. I go to CFRC New West as well, so it might just be something they do here?

I almost missed the deadline for my application. For me everything has to be done by Friday (I'm applying for Military Police Officer).

Just a word of advice for anyone who still has to the medical, if you get any forms that you need to fill out. Fill them out as soon as possible and return them to the CFRC, immediately. Your medical won't be complete until they send those forms and review them. Like i said i almost missed my deadline for tomorrow, but providing everything goes smooth i should be fine.

Just a heads up

Bowen said:
I know what you mean. I sail at a national level. Clearly, I wrote that on my application. For a little bit of a boost I got my coach to write a letter of recommendation. I'm also a cadet. I got my CO to write a recommendation for me as well. I also got told that having a letter would make for a better application. I go to CFRC New West as well, so it might just be something they do here?

Nope did it in Toronto too last year when I applied. I really hope I can hand in my letter of recommendation after due date for questionaire. I got back to school late and haven't been able to talk with my last semesters Poli Sci professor yet.

Tom_Swift said:
Nope did it in Toronto too last year when I applied. I really hope I can hand in my letter of recommendation after due date for questionaire. I got back to school late and haven't been able to talk with my last semesters Poli Sci professor yet.

Yes you can. I did this last year after winning a couple of awards for sports and they accepted them. They told me there was a deadline to hand in my questionnaire because they wanted to have it on file to start organizing it just so they knew they could send it to the selection board when they are asked to. But don't worry, your file isn't sent out to the selection board the day after you bring it in, you do have some time to add to it. In London they said that I could come in anytime before they sent it off and add anything I wanted to it so I would think all CFRCs would allow the same. But to be sure just check with your Recruiting Center and they will let you know.

This is the first time I have heard about letters of recommendation for ROTP. I wonder why some were told that they would be helpful and others weren't.

Dou You said:
Yes you can. I did this last year after winning a couple of awards for sports and they accepted them. They told me there was a deadline to hand in my questionnaire because they wanted to have it on file to start organizing it just so they knew they could send it to the selection board when they are asked to. But don't worry, your file isn't sent out to the selection board the day after you bring it in, you do have some time to add to it. In London they said that I could come in anytime before they sent it off and add anything I wanted to it so I would think all CFRCs would allow the same. But to be sure just check with your Recruiting Center and they will let you know.

Wicked that's what I figured.

hockey2010 said:
This is the first time I have heard about letters of recommendation for ROTP. I wonder why some were told that they would be helpful and others weren't.

I was never told, I just did it because I wanted to further beef up my application with some proof of what I was stating in the questionnaire. It's up to you what you do though, but in my eyes if they accept letters of recommendation and proof of awards and certificates why not add them to your file; it will only make your application look better. Just my 2 cents.

I also included a letter of recommendation in addition to the references contact info they requested, for the exact same reason as Dou You specified.

Hello fellow candidates!

I have started my process in September of last year, by applying for pilot and ACSO. My eyes were pretty bad, but I decided to give pilot a shot anyway, and of course I was rejected because of them. This made me a little worried about getting accepted for ACSO because of my eye sight, but much to my excitement, I passed the eye exam! In the following months I completed my interview and medical. Got some bad news from the doctor about my cholesterol, its a little high for my age and fitness health level, but hopefully it's not too big of a problem. Just like most people, my medical papers are now with the medical examiner, and I am awaiting word from them. My ACSO (air nav) test is scheduled for Wednesday. If I can pass the ACSO test then it is a waiting game about my cholesterol, and hopefully my levels are acceptable. After that is the long waiting game for the acceptance/denial call.

Wishing all you guys luck and hope to see you in Quebec in the summer, and if not RMC in the fall!

It has been far to long since I have posted last! I hope everyone is doing well. I see that people have been posting and asking questions which is great. It is now January which means application deadlines are hear and everything will be coming to its grand conclusion soon. I would like to wish everyone who applied this year the best of luck! I see the commitment in each one of your posts and I hope that we may all meet in the future. I shall try to get back to being more active on this site now that my computer is fixed  :p

Till then,

nairna

Luckily, my recruiting officer told me that I shouldn't have to worry about a deadline for my CFAT rewrite. So, math final next Monday, I'm projecting a mark between 80 and 90%, a vast improvement over my 54% I got in high school, and then a meeting with my recruiting officer to discuss things further. Things are looking up!  ;D

Did my CFAT this morning. I passed. My medical part one was complete as well. Apparently I have perfect eyesight. However, I need to redo my hearing test in order to qualify as a Pilot. The physical is done as well, all I need to do for that section is do my "Aircrew Medical" as she called it.

Agh, I have to wait two weeks for my Math marks to be sent to me, and even longer for an official transcript to get made up! Lord I hate government services sometimes  :mad: I mean, I know I was told not to worry about deadlines but, damn it, I want this all done soon!

PrairieBoy said:
I want this all done soon!

You and everyone else!

I called the recruiter yesterday to see if anything else needed to be done, but she said no, my file is complete. At least it's only a few months away until we find out if we made it or not.

Back