• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Thank you pudd13 for the response.

Perhaps I was a bit too polite but it was only to make sure your time was helpful and appreciated.

From what I've read in this thread, It looks like you've been accepted into the program. So I ask you, what would be the optimal age or grade to submit my application in?

Also how long did it take for you to get the confirmation of your enrollment in ROTP?

Finally, let's say on the application I fill out only one of the job choices and I put Pilot. Then I get a call saying I was accepted but for another profession (I'm assuming they give you other professions you don't want since on the application it says "Preferred job") and I decline the offer. Will I get another chance to reapply and hope for the job again?

Thank you in advance,
Epsilan

If you wanted to go to RMC or any other university the year after high school, then you would begin your application at the beginning of grade 12.

I see, in that scenario they would be looking at my grade 11 final marks and grade 10 or just grade 11? Would they also get an update on my grade 12 marks if they happen to not process my application before my grade 12 school year is finished?

Another thing, on the forces.ca website it asks for you to submit your academic transcripts yet it doesn't specify which grades, would you happen to know?

Also, by any chance, would you happen to know if they take all courses into consideration or the main curriculum (English, Sciences, Math)?

Thank you in advance,
Epsilan

Epsilan said:
I see, in that scenario they would be looking at my grade 11 final marks and grade 10 or just grade 11? Would they also get an update on my grade 12 marks if they happen to not process my application before my grade 12 school year is finished?

Well as was said, you apply in your grade 12 year, so yes they look at grade 10 and 11 marks, but they will also look at your grade 12 marks when they become available.

Epsilan said:
Another thing, on the forces.ca website it asks for you to submit your academic transcripts yet it doesn't specify which grades, would you happen to know?

When you submit your application (in your grade 12 year) you would give them a transcript of all of the courses that you have done to that point (grades 10-11 and midterm grade 12 marks if you have them).

Epsilan said:
Also, by any chance, would you happen to know if they take all courses into consideration or the main curriculum (English, Sciences, Math)?

I am not sure if they take all courses but I do know that they take English, sciences, and math into consideration.

Anyway, it's good that you are starting early and remember academics are not everything for the application, volunteering/work experience and physical fitness/sports are all important as well. Good luck.

Epsilan said:
Also how long did it take for you to get the confirmation of your enrollment in ROTP?

Finally, let's say on the application I fill out only one of the job choices and I put Pilot. Then I get a call saying I was accepted but for another profession (I'm assuming they give you other professions you don't want since on the application it says "Preferred job") and I decline the offer. Will I get another chance to reapply and hope for the job again?

Thank you in advance,
Epsilan

The first round of applicants find out around February of the year you are applying to. Even if you don't make the first round of selections, you still have a chance anywhere between February to July. Depending on how many people decline their offers.

As for the pilot ratio, I heard there was approx. 300 applicants for Pilot this year and only 32 ROTP positions for it. Say 20 applicants get rejected due to medical, grades, missing info. etc. That leaves 280. Approx. 45% of them fail ASC.So that leaves about 154 Applicants left. So about a quarter-ish of applicants that pass ASC get accepted.(This is for this year, it might be way different if you applied in a few years from now.) Of course none of this is official. All dependant on speculation.

Epsilan said:

Thank you in advance,
Epsilan

They take all Grade 12 courses into consideration.
http://www.rmc.ca/adm/pp-mep-eng.asp
That's a site for pre-req's by Province. There are specific courses you need to get into a program. However when they look at averages they look at top 6 grade 12(Any grade 12.)

I see I opened a can of worms by starting to answer your questions. That's not your fault though. Epsilan, I strongly encourage you to look through the other threads on this website, as well as look further into the information on the forces.ca website, and the RMC website. You will find that most of the questions you have asked are answered quite clearly in those three places.

FYI, I haven't been accepted into the program, I just happen to be smack-dab in the middle of the application process. However, through asking my recruiter questions, and doing research on this site, as well as the CF and RMC site, I have been able to fill in a lot of the knowledge gaps that I had about the process.

If you get a job offer, you are always allowed to decline it. If you are lucky, they may offer you another job. More than likely, they will not. Your only option in that case would be to apply the following year. There is not limit to the number of times you can apply.

As for the ideal age to apply; that is an interesting question that I don't think has been answered (although I may be wrong). If all goes well for me, I will be 20 when I start at RMC. I think that 19 is the ideal age to start the process, but I am obviously biased, and I think I would be in the minority. This is really a matter of your own situation. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to RMC, but when it came to apply during my first month of Grade 12, I couldn't do it. I realized it was a HUGE commitment, and that I wasn't quite ready to make that decision. I was 90% certain that I wanted to go to RMC. I figured I wasn't willing to commit to a life in the military if I was only 90% certain I wanted it. I decided to postpone my decision. I do not regret stay at home the extra two years that I have. I am 100% certain that I want to be at RMC now, and I feel I am mature enough now to make that decision. Not only that, my application is a lot stronger based on the schooling and activities I have been up to since high school. So, there is no ideal age. That is something that is totally up to you. From a recruiters perspective, there is no real ideal age either. They are no more likely to accept an 18 year old into ROTP than they are a 24 year old. However, if you are 24 they will expect to see a lot more activities and such, because you have had that much more time out of high school. (ie, they don't want someone who has been doing nothing since high school).

Tom Swift, consider the application due date to be yesterday. I am not sure when the actual date is (I think it may be February sometime), but this is the crunch time. You need to get it in ASAP, or else you are cutting it real close. The sooner the better at this point. The longer you wait, the greater the chances are that you won't have time to deal with any issues, should any arise in your application.

Tom_Swift said:
Can someone bring me up to speed, when is the application due by?

So you want to become an officer?  A Leader?  Did you bother to look up near the top of this forum and see:

Application dates

Perhaps your answer, and the answer to all others who ask this very same question, lies in that topic appropriately titled "Application dates".  Perhaps?

Thanks, I actually clicked through to this page. I've been fairly busy the past few weeks over the Christmas break. I originally planned to complete the application while back home in Toronto but the passing of my grandmother prevented me from doing so.

Maverick,
don't worry they will phone. But yes I know the wait is extremely nerve racking, and  after completing my CFAT and both parts of the medical I waited approximately month and a half. Also another good tip is just to phone your local recruiting center and ask how everything is coming along. They will most likely have an answer that will put you somewhat at ease.

And for those of us who have completed all the parts, well now comes the worst part; the wait! Which is not much fun but good things take time right..?

Good luck everyone!

Just got a call from CFRC. My CFAT and medical are booked for Tuesday(Jan 18th). Never been so excited to write a test before! =]

Maverick94 said:
ugh... It's been  a month and still no call for the interview.

I'd recommend calling your local CFRC. When i dropped off my application I waited for 3 weeks to get a reply of when/if I was writing my CFAT. Somewhere along the line there was an error and when I called and told them my name and when I applied they told me they had no idea where my file was. After a few questions and 15 minutes of waiting they found and told me to come in the next day for my CFAT.

Long story short, just call the CFRC.
--

I go for my medical Tomorrow, pretty excited.

---

As for the kid who posted about being 15 and wanting info for applying to RMC in the future.

You can apply to St. Jean while you are in grade 11, and do your grade 12 at St. Jean (While getting paid, pensions etc.)
The recruiter explained to me that St. Jean was designed for Quebec but it is open to everyone but it isn't advertised that way.

---

Also has anyone heard a potential date for the Military Police assessment course?

Thanks

I was called today for ASC. I chose the first 3 slots he offered so I should be there last week of January or first of February.

For all of you who are waiting for a call or a test, be patient and don't imagine that your file was lost or rejected somewhere in the processus. I applied on the second week of May and was told I should get a call "very soon, maybe 2 or 3 weeks"... I was called on the second week of September. When November came, the CFAT, medical, interview and other medical stuff were completed. It's only 2 months and a half later that I got a call to schedule ASC.

It sure is a long journey with some long annoying wait periods, but we all know it is worth it!

Talked to a Master Corporal at the Recruiting Station today while dropping off an updated employment history. Apparently, there is no deadline on writing the CFAT, so I'll be good to go for writing it in January.

Also, anyone know any good study methods for Spatial Awareness other than the Practice Exam? My file manager told me that I scored highest on Language, in the middle on Spatial Awareness and low on Mathematics, and since I'm beefing up my Mathematics, I'd like to do better on Spacial Awareness as well.

PrairieBoy said:
Talked to a Master Corporal at the Recruiting Station today while dropping off an updated employment history. Apparently, there is no deadline on writing the CFAT, so I'll be good to go for writing it in January.

Also, anyone know any good study methods for Spatial Awareness other than the Practice Exam? My file manager told me that I scored highest on Language, in the middle on Spatial Awareness and low on Mathematics, and since I'm beefing up my Mathematics, I'd like to do better on Spacial Awareness as well.

Over government agencies would have similar tests. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you talk to your Math teachers at school and ask them, they probably have a better idea then most of us.

I just got back from my medical everything went pretty good, just have to bring back a few forms.

I got told that my Interview needs to be done by the end of the week (I applied for Military Police). So if anyone else who applied for Military Police is wondering when the assesment will be, I imagine it will be pretty soon.

Does any one have any tips for the interview?

I was told from my file manager to know my trades as well make a pro's/con's of being a military police officer

runormal said:
Does any one have any tips for the interview?

I was told from my file manager to know my trades as well make a pro's/con's of being a military police officer

A few tips I got for the interview revolve around basic knowledge of military, and RMC.

Some of the military questions I could think of are;
-Current Minister in National Defense?
-Current Govenor General?
-Bases located around Canada?(Specific to each element.)
-Maybe a question on our current mission in Afghanistan?
-Of course they will ask you about your trade of choice.(Why? What will you do? Where are some postings? etc.)
          -Make Sure you know them inside and out!

For RMC specific questions;
-When was RMC formed?
-4 Pillars?
-Why RMC?
-Why the program you choose?

These are a few questions I can think of. Hope it helps. (I'm not sure if you plan on going to RMC or not. If not ignore the second section.)
Good Luck!

Listen to your file manager. My greatest advice is to know your trades VERY VERY well. That includes knowing the benefits and downfalls.

Back