• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

I re-applied for ROTP Civilian University in Nursing in January 2011 (former application in 2009).

Since it has been almost a month, I decided to check up on my file since I had been told I would require an update interview and possibly an update medical and I would be contacted quickly to schedule those.

I was told yesterday that I had made it through the first selection on Tuesday and would be contacted in the coming days for my update interview.

I didn't think of this at the time, but now I'm wondering if the "first selection" is the RMC selection, indicating that I will be accepted should my interview go ok, or if it's just a really quick look at your file to see if it's worth sending to RMC for review.

I could call back to clarify, but since they will be calling me soon for the interview, I'll just wait and clarify in person.

Hopefully good news in the near future!

From what I know, the "first selection" that you are talking about sounds like when RMC reviews your file and academics to see if you are suitable for RMC. I was told before my interview and aptitude test and everything that I had been found suitable for RMC, so they were going to commence with my interview and CFAT and such. It was by no means any indication as to whether or not I would get accepted under ROTP though. It just meant I was still in the running.

I can't believe how much time has passes since I first posted the 2011-2012 ROTP thread. February is upon us which means we have a month left before the decisions start to come in, the excitement is building.

Just got word about doing my Interview. Wednesday the 9th it is! Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Got my transcript today. I moved my Mathematics A30 mark from a 54 to an 80%. Very pleased with myself!  ;D I'm off to have a word with my recruiting officer next Thursday, and do a rewrite on my CFAT as soon as possible after that.

nairna said:
I can't believe how much time has passes since I first posted the 2011-2012 ROTP thread. February is upon us which means we have a month left before the decisions start to come in, the excitement is building.

I know, the time just seams to crawl by, but we are almost there.

Bowen said:
Just got word about doing my Interview. Wednesday the 9th it is! Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Hope you did well on your interview Bowen. Now you just have to wait until you find out if you made it or not.

PrairieBoy said:
Got my transcript today. I moved my Mathematics A30 mark from a 54 to an 80%. Very pleased with myself!  ;D I'm off to have a word with my recruiting officer next Thursday, and do a rewrite on my CFAT as soon as possible after that.

Great job PrairieBoy, that is a huge improvement! Good luck on the CFAT and hopefully you don't have to wait long to take it.

Paperwork is in, Aircrew medical successfully completed, ACSO test successfully completed.  Now the waiting game.

Anyone happen to know if they had an early selection board this year?  I got mixed answers from the recruiters throughout the process, with some of them adamant that early selection was happening mid-January, others adamant that there was no early selection board this year.  Any ideas?

I was just told by my councilor that selection will begin on the 15th of March and we shall hear by the end of March/begging of April. Excitement and anxiety builds!

Just wanna say hey and this has been such a great resource. I applied for the acso so have my test this friday the 25th. Wish me luck!

Jan

I was also told that there was no early selection, and that selections will start mid March and we should hear about decisions starting in the beginning of April. Good luck to everyone, something tells me this is going to be a long month and a bit.

pudd13 said:
I was also told that there was no early selection, and that selections will start mid March and we should hear about decisions starting in the beginning of April. Good luck to everyone, something tells me this is going to be a long month and a bit.

Ditto on all counts. These next few weeks are going to be so impossibly nerve racking.

Just had a thought; What's everyone planning if they don't get accepted? I'm heading directly to a reserve unit (in my case, the Fort Garry Horse) until I graduate and can apply for DEO or just do a transfer.

If I do not succeed, I will actively search for a small corner for me to hide in until I die of natural causes.

I am not sure, I will certainly continue going to school. However, whether I would apply for DEO is another story. At this point I am pretty confident about getting and ROTP offer, but I am just not certain what trade that offer will be for.

If you do not get accepted you can always apply again next year. I applied to ROTP with more than half my Bachelor done.
Some I met at recruit camp had already done their first year too.
The one year wait could definitely benefit some. You could use your first year to improve your grades and thus make your
application more competitive.
Just my  :2c:

I finished my interview a week ago. I was good, but not good enough for pilot apparently. Only a few points away. So now my first choice is ACSO. Doing my exam on March 3rd. Any helpful tips?
I also now have to pick a new 3rd choice and have an over the phone interview for that new choice. So many steps to go. :-\

I am already a portion of my way through my bachelors also, and I would re-apply for ROTP anyways. It would just mean finding a small corner to hide in for one year, while beefing up my application further, of course.

Helpful tips for ACSO test? Same advice as for math portion of CFAT as far as I am concerned; review your high school math, be able to do that calculations by hand, and be able to do the math as quickly as you can without second guessing yourself. Otherwise, I don't think there is much you can do. Good luck with that.

If I don't get in I'm gonna apply again for next year and save money until then I think. It'll also give me time to upgrade/work on whatever I need to get in the program for next year? Good plan I think? And good luck to everyone else writing the ACSO exam!

Jan

If I don't get accepted then I will try and get into the reserves to give me more work experience and go to university at the same time. Then I will try and apply again to ROTP and if I don't make it again I will just keep trying. And if all else fails I will try for DEO once I am done my degree.

pudd13 said:
Helpful tips for ACSO test? Same advice as for math portion of CFAT as far as I am concerned; review your high school math, be able to do that calculations by hand, and be able to do the math as quickly as you can without second guessing yourself. Otherwise, I don't think there is much you can do. Good luck with that.

Thank you Pudd. Is it the same type of Math as on the CFAT?

If I don't get in this year, I will be going to UNBC instead in Prince George, BC. I also got accepted to a volunteering program for 6 months which is another option.

Back