• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

I think Theline is refering to his parade nights and weekend trg from his reserve unit. Personally, I've heard two version of this. The first is units saying don't come to parade when on course. The other is that no order was given to come or not come to parade. I personally went to parade while on course but I'm sure that I would not be expected to show if I submitted a memo.

As a reservist its your responsability to get training in. This means you will only go as far as the time you put in.

Most reserve units Parade one night a week, some do it twice. Also you will usually have one weekend EX per month going from Friday - Sunday night. During course you will go off for training in the summer. THis means you will be sent to bordon or somewhere for a month or two. If you are doing a weekend course its still your responsibility to show up for Parade nights. It shows your dedication and your commitment to the military.

Hello,

I'm swearing in July 9th at CFRC Toronto. I am to be there at 0745 and guests are to arrive at 1245. I was curious to know if anyone has any information as to what I might be doing for the 5 hours before my actual swear in. I'm figuring it could be paperwork..anyone have any idea?? Thank you very much.

If you haven't already signed all your paperwork and declarations, then that's what you will be doing. I had at least 2 hours worth of paperwork to sign before I was sworn in, but I did it on a separate day, a few days before my actual swear in date.

RoxyRoller said:
Hello,

I'm swearing in July 9th at CFRC Toronto. I am to be there at 0745 and guests are to arrive at 1245. I was curious to know if anyone has any information as to what I might be doing for the 5 hours before my actual swear in. I'm figuring it could be paperwork..anyone have any idea?? Thank you very much.

Wow!! I will never complain again.  I thought I had it bad with a mere 45 minutes! (I swear in on the 8th!)

HanrattSea said:
What's this talk about guests? My FM didn't mention anything about guests.

When I swore in the "guests" were family members. Mother,Father,Sister or Brother Grandparents etc.

RoxyRoller said:
I was curious to know if anyone has any information as to what I might be doing for the 5 hours before my actual swear in.

Short Answer: "Water-board Torture Resistance Training" - they don't want any sissies after all.

Long Answer: Does it matter?  I'm still waiting for my swear in date and when I get it I could care less if I'm waiting around for 5 hours.  It means the long wait is over.  I mean do you have something better to do that day?   :p  All I can say is I'm sure they have you there for a good reason if thats the time they gave you.  As was said before it will most likely be fun paper work and other administrative things.  Joy.  ;)

Good luck! 

Kyle

MedTech, he never said he had something better to do. He just wanted to know what was going to happen with that five hours. I'd wonder too.

Mine is only a half hour....what they told me anyway. I get there at 9:30 and swear in at 10:00

JJJ said:
MedTech, he never said he had something better to do.

Hehe yes I know that, thats why that question falls as rhetorical, couldn't you tell by the smily face?
Had I actually been accusing him of double booking himself the day of swear it, I wouldn't have thrown that little fellow in there.   ;D

Cheers, Kyle

RoxyRoller,
I would call to confirm the timings as CFRC Toronto doesn't open until 08:30 hrs. Usually if it is a large enrolment ceremony you may have an hour or hour and a half of paperwork before the actual attestation. I would definitely call and confirm the timings.

CFR FCS 

HanrattSea said:
What's this talk about guests? My FM didn't mention anything about guests.

Anyone who would be interested in seeing you swear in. Parents, siblings, and significant others. Even friends can come as guests. I had my swearing in aboard HMCS Winnipeg so I had to provide a guest list for security reasons, but for most CFRCs as far as I know you can invite whoever you like.

Sorry MedTech. I did not notice the smile until I checked the post on my phone.

JJJ said:
Sorry MedTech. I did not notice the smile until I checked the post on my phone.

I didn't post in this thread... That was MedTechStudent

Thanks everyone for the info. Yes, I was just thinking to myself I should call the RC tomorrow as they don't open until after 800.  I'm hoping it was a miscommunication and it's 1145 because I will have my son with me. It's one of the most exciting days of my life! Oh, and I'm female...going AVS Tech., heading to BMQ July 20th. Good luck to everyone!

RoxyRoller said:
Hello,

Im swearing in there at the same time dude, see you there.

Also I got the EXACT same timings  as you did so im sure theres no mixup, there is probably just alot of people going or something, Im right with you in being excited, I can't wait!

I sent you a PM too.

I'm also going to the swear-in on July 9th. Bought a dress shirt and dress pants for the occasion too. I could only convince my sister to come as a guest, no one else seemed to care  :-\

Back