• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

Swearing in I believe is VERY important. When I was about to actually "swear-in", I was sweating, my teeth were chattering and my adrenaline was pumping... Something about it, I don't think I've ever said anything with more conviction in my entire life. Until maybe the time I say "I do"...

It was very personal to me, a moment I'll not forget, the monarchy part I'm not so big on, it's ---->  :cdn:  I'm big on... I swore that I'd die to defend our country, that DAMN well better have meaning for any cherries/FNG's joining our military!!!  :threat:

It's just a job most definately doesn't cut it. If you're in it for the money or extra cash for summer or education, you probably won't make it. If you do, people will see right through you. I didn't join for the money that's for sure...

Although WTF do I know right? I'm still a FNG with 6months TI only completed BMQ+1/2 of SQ...  ;D

Whoever is joining, if it doesn't mean something to you to swear to protect your country and it's people, don't bother...

What is the certificate called that he is holding up in the picture?

...I have a nice suit & tie ready for my swearing in  8)....whenever that day finally arrives....

Pieman said:
What is the certificate called that he is holding up in the picture?

...I have a nice suit & tie ready for my swearing in   8)....whenever that day finally arrives....

It is the enrolment certificate, which is no longer to be used because it is not a legal document.  In fact it has been nearly a year since it was removed.  If the recruiter from the SH of C lurks around here, suggest they contact CFRC Vancouver and get the new ones.  Cheers.

The one I'm holding is a solemn affirmation certificate (as opposed to an oath of allegience).

kincanucks...I wasn't aware that was no longer legal.  As for going all out, like I said, I was ready for shirt and tie! :)  I guess each regiment is different.

BDTyre said:
The one I'm holding is a solemn affirmation certificate (as opposed to an oath of allegience).

kincanucks...I wasn't aware that was no longer legal.   As for going all out, like I said, I was ready for shirt and tie! :)   I guess each regiment is different.

You look all right anyway.

kincanucks said:
It is the enrolment certificate, which is no longer to be used because it is not a legal document.  In fact it has been nearly a year since it was removed.  If the recruiter from the SH of C lurks around here, suggest they contact CFRC Vancouver and get the new ones.  Cheers.

Well ain't that dandy! No one in my unit (Lincoln and Welland reg't) recieved ANY sort of certificate or paper of any kind on our swearing in or after. Only one I've attained is my BMQ "certificate"...  :mad:

O-well, I suppose having that is just as good!

PS> Do you get a certificate like that when you finish each course you take? Example: SQ, BIQ, DP1Alpha, JLC???

Joe

R031 Pte Joe said:
Well ain't that dandy! No one in my unit (Lincoln and Welland reg't) recieved ANY sort of certificate or paper of any kind on our swearing in or after. Only one I've attained is my BMQ "certificate"...   :mad:

O-well, I suppose having that is just as good!

PS> Do you get a certificate like that when you finish each course you take? Example: SQ, BIQ, DP1Alpha, JLC???

Joe

You should receive a course completion certificate after every course.  I have even received one for a two-day course.

I got sworn in today.  I'll tell you a bit about it as it was not what I expected but I couldn't have planned it any better if I could.  I arrived and got a tour of the unit from my recruiter.  Then I signed a few papers, mostly stating that nothing had changed since my application process began and that I'm still drug-free (always have been, always will).  During that process anything that needed clarification got cleared up (as far as my file goes) and I got to meet everyone (I'll be lying if I said I remember all the names). 

I was sworn in (affirmation) in front of the class of at the time future but now current comrades.  I have always imagined it taking place alongside other new recruits in a big gym-like area with family and friends watching (the stress!).  The swearing in ceremony it turned out is a recital of the oath, which you must repeat after the officer, in an area where a Canadian flag  :cdn:  and a picture of the Queen are present.  The class clapped and afterward the process I joined them, although without much participation.  After the session we went to the mess hall for drinks.  I will have to remember to surrender my security license and not my drivers' license at the front desk before I go in from now on btw.  I am sorry to have had to cut the night shorter than I wanted as I have to go in to work for a double shift tomorrow at 0800. 

I've learned two things from today:
One is that I better learn all the ranks, insignias, and etiquette pronto.
Two is that I need to get in shape.  The kind of "shape" you have to be in to pass the PT is nothing compared to the shape you should be in to serve and do so effectively. 

Cheers all.

Amsdell said:
I will have to remember to surrender my security license and not my drivers' license at the front desk before I go in from now on btw. 

???
You mean your Mil. ID Card? This card is not supposed to be turned into any one except the MP's.

Nfld_Sapper said:
???
You mean your Mil. ID Card? This card is not supposed to be turned into any one except the MP's.

By looking at her file shes from toronto and is proably referring to Denesin(sp?) armouries.They have swipe cards and to get a temp one to get inside you need to hand in your drivers licence etc to the commissioner at the front doors.The place is locked down like NASA,swipe cards for a lot of doors.Had the pleasure of drinking there for a week for a 30 minute parade.They didnt seem to understand we could not give them our ontario health cards to obtain a temp pass.

Amsdell said:
I've learned two things from today:
One is that I better learn all the ranks, insignias, and etiquette pronto.

Cheers all.

That's what basic training is for, relax and have fun.  ;D

rcac_011 said:
By looking at her file shes from toronto and is proably referring to Denesin(sp?) armouries.They have swipe cards and to get a temp one to get inside you need to hand in your drivers licence etc to the commissioner at the front doors.The place is locked down like NASA,swipe cards for a lot of doors.Had the pleasure of drinking there for a week for a 30 minute parade.They didnt seem to understand we could not give them our ontario health cards to obtain a temp pass.

Ah, ok didn't know that

Watch it boy you are on thin ice and yes I know the world exists past holyrood.

It's one of those joke things.Sort of like "rambo" this summer in WTP ;D

Congrads on joining! what unit are you with in toronto?

rcac_011 said:
Congrads on joining! what unit are you with in toronto?

Unit 2 Intelligence

And yes, it was the Denison building with its fancy swipe cards and rotating doors which you can not push under any circumstances.

Back