• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

Sticktoyourguns said:
I was told that I am to report to the base no later than sunday 10 A.M, but was planning to arrive the day before as it is allowed and I believe the more time I take to settle in will have me more prepared the following morning. and since it will be a very big change in my life, the less topsy turvey I can make the whole situation, the better no? I was not told I would be e-mailed further instructions when I received my call...I was told to use the st-jean instructions. I leafed through both, and as both are quite similar with exceptions to locations and timings, I think it's just important to be on time, in shape, with all the kit asked of you, and let the rest happen.

We have started a facebook group (to all those starting on this date whom have not yet joined, but wish to) it is:

Canadian Armed Forces (Sept 7th BMQ) Borden, Ontario

Cheers,

STYG
What about your enrollment ceremony? Did you have it already? They'd call you or send you an email before the ceremony with some details.
I got the email just yesterday with an enrollment letter, joining instructions and security clearance form (don't know why I am filling out this one, I believe I did it way back for the background checks). Here is the instructions doc that I got in the email.

Normally, the course schedule here at CFLRS Det Borden would start with training on the Monday with the in clearance/in routine, hair
cuts, ID pictures, etc  taking place on Sunday. That is why we require the recruits to be on the Base by Sunday NLT 1000 hrs.

However, as noted by different individuals, Monday, 6 Sep 10 is a holiday, therefore, for this course start date only, CFLRS Det Borden's
course will start course schedule on Tuesday, 7 Sep 10.  Therefore out in clearance/in routine, hair cuts, ID pictures, etc  taking place on
Monday.  That being said, recruits will be required to be on the Base NLT 1000 hrs, Monday, 6 Sep 10.

As for the individual stating not to use the Borden instructions, they are in correct.  In the Borden instructions are the correct times,
driving directsion and other information required to attend CFLRS Det Borden.  To use Saint Jean's joining instructions would give you
information pertaining to how things would be done in Saint Jean.  I spoke with the Standards personal here and they are not impressed
that people who are attending the recruit course in Borden are told to use the in correct joining instructions.

Can someone tell me if bringing my iPhone will be allowed?

I've noticed on the st Jean instructions say the cell phones are allowed with instructors permission after 6:00pm. But if I'm not mistaken that the Borden says that they aren't allowed at all. Is that true?

My iPhone is on a family plan and it's free long distance to my wife's cell. Not only I enjoy listening to music while doing house work or even home work. It's also a connection to the internet with 3G.

As with other BMQ threads on this site asking the same questions:

You can bring it, but in Borden, often it will be confiscated and locked up for the first four weeks of indoctrination. One person was caught this course trying to hide their phone and appropriately corrected.

After those four weeks, your platoon may earn the privilege to use their electronics and you will be informed when and if you can use them.

MGB said:
My enrollment ceremony is the 24th @ Ottawa. I'm in Borden on the 5th of September (no flying... just a five hour drive) and course start on the 7th. I'd appreciate it if you could pass on any info that they give you at/before/after your enrollment - I know I'll get it at some point but heads up never hurt!
I had the ceremony today. It was good. At first we did a ton of paperwork and had some time to ask questions about BMQ. Then we watched a video with all the guests and finally gave our affirmation to the queen. Every single person had a guest to come with them and take pictures.
Frankly, the most memorable thing for me was the beautiful lady recruiter that was organizing the ceremony. She was one of the prettiest women I've ever seen and the fact that she was a corporal amplified her beauty tenfold.

Going to the RC on the 24th for the swear in. My BMQ starts on 13 Sept in Borden. Il be getting there around 1pm the saturday before. It was a cool idea to make some facebook groupes. Hopefully will make some good friends in Borden, anyone else LCIS Tech?
:cdn:  :salute:

I just realized that I am flying to borden on the 4th, I will be in Toronto in the afternoon and will take the shuttle bus right away, so I should be in Borden some time in the evening on the 4th. But since it starts on the 7th, how is that gonna work?

I think going in on the times that it says in the instructions booklet is the best thing to do. I don' t know what they will do because of the holyday, but I'm guessing there will just be an extra day for you guys to get ready before it all starts on the tuesday. Good luck with everything, I'l be there the week after you. Good luck training :)

Manticure said:
how is that gonna work?

Its going to work they way the f*****g told you and what they told you is go on the 4th. Everything else after that is the school's buisness and not for you to get wrapped up about. You course isnt the first to start after a long weekend or something.

O ok cool. I'm new to this site so I didn't think to go check that right away.
You guys are real bitter eh.  :salute:

Hey Ralph!.......Hey Ralph!........Wadda ya say we go chase some cats?........Eh Ralph.......

Hey everyone. I'm enlisted as a Combat Engineer and I'll be doing my BMQ in Borden, starting on the 7th, as well. I look forward to meeting you all!

Also, a buddy of mine is going to be starting his BMQ there on the 13th, so that's kinda cool :). He's gonna be an Armoured Crewman.

Seeya soon.  :salute:

Manticure said:
I had the ceremony today. It was good. At first we did a ton of paperwork and had some time to ask questions about BMQ. Then we watched a video with all the guests and finally gave our affirmation to the queen. Every single person had a guest to come with them and take pictures.
Frankly, the most memorable thing for me was the beautiful lady recruiter that was organizing the ceremony. She was one of the prettiest women I've ever seen and the fact that she was a corporal amplified her beauty tenfold.

Was this at the Edmonton centre? If it is, I know exactly who you are talking about lol.  :salute:

feetfirstintoheck said:
Was this at the Edmonton centre? If it is, I know exactly who you are talking about lol.  :salute:
hah, no, but apparently there are plenty of beautiful women in the Canadian forces.

That CPL is now a superior rank to yourself and being that your a recruit, I would lay low.

My advice.
1. Do EXACTLY as you are told;
2. Don't challenge the staff;
3. Question what you do not understand; and
4. Give it 100% effort. Yes you will be tired, exhausted, cold, nervous, overworked, pushed to your limits. That what basic is supposed to be about. Don't be a wimp and use the medical system as a crutch to avoid difficult training. Go there when your really sick or you really suspect your injured.

I would say good luck but in BMQ you make your own luck. Give 'er!

Back