• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

also, if you go to themilitarylife.com (an online support community of CF spouses and members) there are PMQ reviews there and I know that there are some for Gagetown as I personally have submitted one...as have one of my closer friends.

Besides that, if you pm or email me, I am certainly willing to give you some info about PMQs here....

you could also contact Paulette Vance, the Welcome, Information and Referral Coordinator at the MFRC at mfrcgage@rogers.com or 422-2000-3402 and ask her to send you a posting package....she is a wealth of knowlege.

Hope that helps.

Hey, just got the call today, I'm going to gagetown! course starts nov 4 but they are flying me out on oct 31 (im in lodnon ontario) apparently i am a recruit school bypass because i used to be in the reserves so now im off to get my moc training i think.. he wasnt exactly clear on that lol.

I was just wondering what people who have been there thought about the base and the areas around the base for when u get time off..

thanks

Sweetwaters...... >:D

Gagetown hey ? Better you than me

CHIMO !

Let's just say...If your best friend stood at one end of Camp and you stood at the other and they dropped a Nuke in the middle; you'd both survive.  ;D

Amen to that, George, spent Ex Venom Strike in Gagetown back in 1995.  Damn, that is one hell of a training area.  Correct me if I am wrong, Gagetown is the largest base/training area in the Commonwealth, right?  At least that is what I have been told, 1/8th the size of New Brunswick.

The best part about Sweetwaters is the Chicken Kabob stand on the sidewalk out in front of the main doors. It has been seven years since I lived there and I still crave them to this day.

Let's just say...If your best friend stood at one end of Camp and you stood at the other and they dropped a Nuke in the middle; you'd both survive. 

So would the mosquitoes, sand files, rain, mud, and evil instructors......

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
So would the mosquitoes, sand files, rain, mud, and evil instructors......

dileas

tess

Don't forget the Bears now.

Armoured Signaller said:
  Correct me if I am wrong, Gagetown is the largest base/training area in the Commonwealth, right?  

Gagetown is the largest "Training Area" in the British Commonwealth.  CFB Shuffield is actually larger area wise, but much of it is closed to Training (DRES has large portions that can not be used, except for their purposes.)

Gramps said:
The best part about Sweetwaters is the Chicken Kabob stand on the sidewalk out in front of the main doors. It has been seven years since I lived there and I still crave them to this day.
Hey....what about Greco Donairs?

And the Fredericton Market on Saturdays for the best Samoasas in the world.  ;D

I can get Greco here but I did forget about the Market and those Samosas, damn those were good too.

Search page - (i'm sure everyone can find it by now)

Search words - gagetown

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/247.0.html

Search words - gagetown oromocto

Hits include:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31990.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/29052.0.html

George Wallace said:
Hey....what about Greco Donairs?

Yum greco donairs are awsome! but id recommend Jungle jims for wings and such!

awww you boys are making me homesick. They have a jungle jims here in west ed and it's crap. Nothing like the maritimes. And the kabob stand with the poutine, mmmmmmmm i wanna go home hehe. Aesop, you loved sweets and you know it. Basically there is nothing to do in the area but drink and .....well you'll see. Just watch out, there are some sketchy women out there hehe good luck.  >:D

camochick said:
awww you boys are making me homesick. They have a jungle jims here in west ed and it's crap.

Surprised? Most of the stuff they got in that mall sucks either that or its a rip off, everything is really overpriced there.

oh well.. now im really excited!  :-\

Any suggestions for when i get a weekend off??? its too far away from home for me to visit family, so ill be bummin around base i guess

If you are looking to go into Fredericton for the day or evening and you cant find a ride, most taxi companies will give you a return fare rate. Last time I did this it was $40.00 return from the base to downtown and back but I would only imagine it has gone up a bit since then, after all that was 10 years ago.

The routine that I settled into on various courses there for weekends off was to spend Friday night in the mess and then crash.  We'd get up late on Saturday and then head into Fredericton as a group mid-day (the organized ones did their laundry Saturday morning).  Taking a cab as a group will keep your costs down.  We'd tour around the malls (Regent and Fredericton?) up top and then have dinner somewhere.  Take in a movie and then head for the bars.  Fredericton is a bit spread out, and you'll probably end up taking cabs in town as well.  There are plenty of bars (I was always partial to the Rogue and the UNBC Social Club). 

Just remember that you have to get home and the cab is 20 bucks (the cabbies will want the money up front).  Stay as a group.  Some guys got hotels but thats up to you.

You can also venture farther afield to places like Saint John and Moncton.

Have fun.

Hey there 025....
I'll be seeing you in Clothing Stores when you come through for your kit issue. Ask for me. When is your course end date? If you need a lift home, the family and I will be heading up to the out-laws for Christmas up the road in Cookstown so we can get you up and back if you wish. Gagtown's great...you'll have a blast. You'll learn Freddy inside and out by the time you're done!!  ;D

Back