• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

IMP is what soldier eat in the field.  Individual meal package (or something like that).  His buddies will laugh there ass off.

The "Unit" would be where he is being employed in Gagetown and not his home unit in Vancover (ie. Infanty School, Canadian Forces School of Military Engineering, 2RCR, etc).  Also try to list sub-units as well to be more specific (ie. Reserve Engineer Training Squadron).

MissMolsonIndy said:
He's hungry alright, but not for an IMP.

Hungry for what then?

If it's pictures, you have to post them here....

anyway, what could he possibly need? It's not like he's deployed overseas. He's still in Canada! I'm sure he can suck it up for a few weeks.

Send him some hand lotion then, to cut down on the chapping. Or maybe some Nair to get that hair off his palms. Of course, he may have already gone to Oromocto to scratch that itch if it's gotten bad enough. Heh.

CFL: If you were given a rock face for every time you had an ingenious idea, you'd be able to recreate the Canadian Rocky Mountains! I have another buddy posted in Wainwright, Alberta, I should send him an IMP. He'd get a kick out of that. Any idea of where I could track one down? If I contacted any local unit, would they have some handy?

Overseas, or not, a man still has needs. I sent him a "handy girl", some lubrication, and a little dvd of obscene images to get the wheels moving.

if you asked him or another person you know in cadets/military, you might be able to get portions of the IMP (IE: Some bread, a dessert etc.) if your lucky he/she might be able to score you a whole IMP, but they cost about $30 for one boxed meal.

MissMolsonIndy said:
Overseas, or not, a man still has needs. I sent him a "handy girl", some lubrication, and a little dvd of obscene images to get the wheels moving.

This is definatly a keeper!  ;D

esiest way to find out the mailling addy is to just ask, that way you wont get any discrepencies and you wont have to worry about the base commander accidentally getting your "care" package  ;)

I was wondering if there was a public swimming pool at or around CFB Gagetown. I find swimming is a great way to relax/relieve stress/cool down/get a little PT.

Now, I haven't been to gagetown in a few years....but there's a pool in the gym & there used to be a pool near the front gate behind what used to be bleachers & the canex.  Not entirely sure if that one is still there, but the pool in the gym should still have their pool.

The pool in the gym is (or was, at least) quite nice and rather large...I learned to scub dive in it prior to my first open water diive...In fact the whole gym was quite good when i was last there. (1996)

Cheers

Slim

Do you recall if it's the kind of place where you can just walk in and swim on your free time or it would have to scheduled, or there's certain hours?

Well...Its like any community pool. Everyone has to share. There will be certain times where swimming lessons will be taking place. There will be times when the CF will have booked it for specialized activities (such as dive courses) and then there will be times where the pool will be open to the members of the base for an "open" swim.

Slim

The Gagetown indoor pool schedule can be found on the CTC - PSP website, if you have access to the DIN it can be found at the following link.

http://www.pspgagetown.nb.ca/AQUPoolSchedule.html
http://www.pspgagetown.nb.ca/AQUPoolSchedule.html

If you're not military there is a fee to use the pool unless you are a member of the Rec Association. The summer pool behind the CANEX is not open yet but should open sometime in July I believe.

Hey this is a question for anybody serving with the 2 RCR in gagetown new brunswick. I was just woundering what it was like living in gagetown I heard that it wasnt to bad becasue freddy was close by plus halifax is only 3 hours away. anyways any input would be nice

Halifax is alot more than 3 hours pal.
Im not RCR but ive done a few courses in gagetown.Halifax is more like 5 hours+.
Fredericton is a 20 minute drive maybe? Cheap if you get a few boys together to pitch in for the cab =p
Its not all that bad I guess, no.

Gagetown is awesome. Close to Fredericton and easy to lose yourself in one of the markets or Restaurants in the down town.. .. The university means a fresh new crop of cuties for you young guys and the 20/20 club has tons to offer for you big game hunters with cougar licences. Being the only metropolis for miles around it means it draws a fair share of people from the outer communities as well. Freddy is only 20 minutes from the base. Halifax is close enough to get to for a weekend get away.

Already hitched and have a girlfriend who is a little on the self couscous side then relax.... Take her to the Oromocto mall. Its full up fatties and the ones who aren't are pregnant. Hell even my wife wants to move there.

Go to Gagetown Have fun and relax.
While in gagetown be sure to stay at the Oromocto hotel with is spacious rooms ample wild life and weekly, hourly and monthly rates.
Never to fear if you parlez francais les nouveau Brunswick is bilingual and has a Canadian Tire near the base to fix your Chevy Cavalier. (aka the Quebec Ferrari)

So go to gagetown have fun and relax.

Benoit,

Mover1 gave some good info about Gagetown, but FORGET ABOUT  OROMOCTO HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is bad now, they don't clean the room, don't pick up the garbage...
For an hotel, Fredericton is the way to go these days...

Back