• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

Few words of advice. Stay away from sweetwaters and Nicky Z's. If you do, make sure you get your prescription for penicillin asap hehe. >:D

hey armyverm, im not sure when my course end date is, i am schedualed to go into the recruiting center here in london on the 27th to get sworn in, i imagine thats when i will be getting all the details about whats going on.. ask for you? whats your name? haha. i'm Len Wilson so lets see if u n i run into each other.. :p

thats alot guys for the suggestions, sounds like fredricton is the place to be..

Ah Sweetwaters, that brings back memories of a misspent youth. I was there when it opened in 1988 and may have been the first poor troopie from Gagetown to discover it by accident, staggering down the road from that other den of ill repute, the Cosmo on a Saturday night. It didn't stay unknown for long though.  (God do I feel old :'().

Re the expensive cab back after a night of debauchery. A trick we came up with was to RV at the all night Burger King at the top of the hill (is it still there?). Anyone looking for a ride home staggered there and hung around until you had 3-4 guys to split a cab back to base.

sorry vern, no email received.. ljwilson07@hotmail.com

I spent this past summer in Gagetown.

Only advice is if your not 19 or can not get a "proper" ID then weekends off will suck. 

So buy a portible DVD player

I was posted there from 1988-2001.....  ::)

Fire away.

Regards

but no where to have fun since the demise of the Camelot
Are you serious...the demise. PLEASE...since that place shut down it's been a godsend. What a piece of work the girls in there were. And on that note...there was never anywhere any fun to hang out in O-Town. Ewwwww...... Spend your extra $$ and cab it to Freddy and hit Sweets. We love to see you guys coming....I married an airforce guy I met at Sweets. God, to be 24 again and go back. I miss it......wah.... :crybaby: :-[ :'( I much higher educational value for your $$ as well with the big bars in Freddy. IMHO :)

You guys are seriously hilarious. You're really making my homesick. I want to go back....D*** comox has no bars and since I'm a mom now kinda takes the fun out of all weekend club hopping.
awww you boys are making me homesick. They have a jungle jims here in west ed and it's crap. Nothing like the maritimes. And the kabob stand with the poutine, mmmmmmmm i wanna go home hehe. Aesop, you loved sweets and you know it. Basically there is nothing to do in the area but drink and .....well you'll see. Just watch out, there are some sketchy women out there hehe good luck.
and the
penicillin
you're just being silly. Camogirl, you loved it just as much as I did and no doctors appts where made. Well, maybe my roommate had a few of her conquests visiting the clinic, but NOT me. I was a good god fearing girl. HA HA HA I MISS SWEETS and THE UPPER DECK so MUCH.  :-[ Camo...let's plan a trip home....I miss the stomping grounds and I'm sure I passed you in the bar.... ;D

Kimmie, camochick:

I dont think Fredericton/oromocto can handle the two of you going back there.

And since I went off topic. I lived in NB most of my life...well the years that really counted anyway. Moved to Freddy in my 20's and loved it. It has been clearly stated that you need a vehicle or make friends fast with someone who does. Nothing to in Oromocto unless you want to spend all your time golfing....I hear the course is alright by east coast standards. My dh could be found there most days afterwork.
Fredericton is THE place to head. Great times and amounts of $$ can be spent there. I was just home for a 15month visit and things are a-changin'. New restaurants, places to go, things to do. Really nice. Some hotels are more tolerant of military men and their goings on. As cheesy as it is, it's not expensive and close to malls and movies and places to eat is City Motel. The F'ton Inn is right across the street and not quite as tolerant but still really good. Nice rooms and I know they have a few really big suites if there is a group of you staying. A friend of mine and I had a suite with a sitting room(pullout couch) and a 2nd bedroom, each having their own bathrooms and I'm pretty sure they still have the "apt suite" that has a main room with 2 queen beds and then another seperate room and a central bathroom. I believe there is a kitchenette in there as well. You can easily get 4 guys or so in there. Details are kinda sketchy as it was long ago and much alcohol had been injested.  ::) Enjoy your time in Gage. I am desperately trying to talk dh into going back and instructing at CFSME as all my family is in NS and NB. No such luck yet....have to keep working on him.

Good luck.  ;D

aesop....ha ha ha......you're just a riot.... :p :D ;) ;D It misses us and we miss it.  :'( ;D

kimmie said:
aesop....ha ha ha......you're just a riot.... :p :D ;) ;D It misses us and we miss it.   :'( ;D

Camochick in   her day was the terror of freddy..........

anyways...back to your regularly scheduled topic....

Aesop, you shined many a bar stool at griffin's in oromocto. Which in case anyone wants to know, really isnt that bad of a bar, but alot of the local "my daddy is a WO and i'm a shackrat" types hang  out there.  >:D

mover1 said:
... for you big game hunters with cougar licences.

One man's cougar is another man's kitten.  Something for everyone at the "Hug n' Slug". ;D

hey, maybe one or two more thing u guys could help me out on. My flight is oct 30th or 31st and course starts on the 4th what will i be doing for those 4 days  ???

Also, I am going for my occupational training (combat engineer) and I havent done any sort of reg force BMQ or SQ  they told me i was a recruit school bypass because last year  i did my reserve BMQ and SQ which was only a two month course in meaford.  SO here I am going to train with a bunch of guys fresh out of recruit school who also have 4 months of training on me.. plus my training was over a year ago.. Is this just a huge disadvantage for me or is there some sort of brighter side i should be focusing on? any ways of maybe being better prepared that i havent thought of yet?

thanks alot guys!

So, you're coming direct into CFSME. You'll be spending your early days clearing in, setting up your pay accounts and other fun stuff.  ;D You will also be coming over to Clothing Stores to get issued your kit, as per the kitlist, before your course begins. Don't worry...you won't be bored!!  ;D

armyvern said:
So, you're coming direct into CFSME. You'll be spending your early days clearing in, setting up your pay accounts and other fun stuff.   ;D You will also be coming over to Clothing Stores to get issued your kit, as per the kitlist, before your course begins. Don't worry...you won't be bored!!   ;D

Dont worry about kit.....the one guy ( everyone who has been in gagetown know who he is) at the counter will tell you "No you can't have that" anyways.  ;D

Just kidding...vern will set you up

Back