• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

Book a room at the Sheraton - west end of Fredsville, south bank of the St John river.  Hot tub, Sauna, outdoor pool with full patio on a nice day, long walking trail starts near hotel.  You know the drill.

Good posting, they are by far the best technical Batt in the country due to all the field time. It is a great posting.

I have to agree that it is a good posting from most that I have spoken to.  I know enjoyed my time in Gagetown while on courses/TD but I've never lived there.

Good Luck. 

You could not pay me enough to go back there.........3 years was 3 too much  :-X

I used to do every summer in CFBG. I did numerous callouts with W Bty and/or the School - as a Det 2 I/C and Det Comd. Got my Milipac Crse with W Bty, as well as Det 2 I/C course...

I bought my girlfriend a spa treatment for Christmas here: http://www.wellnessclinic.biz/.  The lady was very nice and we got spoiled, I had found the coupon for it online at http://www.radiopriceclub.com  Lots of great Oromocto area deals to be found there.  We had an enjoyable "couples" treatment and I recommend that spot to anyone needing to relax.

What are a bunch of army guys lookin for spa's for anyhow?

Go to Dolan's downtown freddy...Great Irish pub. Higher class ladies, more expensve drinks and reat live music.

Try contacting the Military Family Resource Centre in Gagetown, someone there should be able to recommend a place:

http://www.mfrcgagetown.nb.ca/

OK OK  thanks for the input guys.  Sorry if some of you think it's gay.  I'm not from Gagetown, and never been so I thought I'd ask.
Anyway, this thread can end.  If anyone else has any good places to recommend, PM me.  Then we can all get on with our lives!!

Howdy,

A buddy of mine is posted in New Brunswick for the duration of the summer, and I'd like to send him a little something something on a surprise account. I have looked into the postal services of the Gagetown website and it asks for the following information to be on all outgoing packages:

SN, Rank, Initials and Surname
Unit
Canadian Forces Base/Area Support Unit Gagetown
PO Box 17000 Stn Forces
Oromocto NB E2V 4J5

Could somebody please tell me what SN stands for, and how I would go about finding his SN?

Thanks,

Lindsay.

SN stands for Service Number.  It is an alpha character followed by eight numbers, like so: X11 222 333.  Best way to find it out is to just ask him.

The website may say that, but in reality the SN isn't necessary at all. Rank and name will be sufficient, plus all the physical address information you quoted.

So if I provided them with as much information as I possibly could, and ship it anyways, they'll do their best to track him down?

Also, it asks for the unit. Are they refering to the unit that he works out of locally (Vancouver), or the unit that he is working out of over in Gagetown?

I'd stay away from "Canadian Forces Base/Area Support Unit Gagetown" for fear of it getting lost while looking for someone in the ASU with the name of your addressee.  Just use "CFB Gagetown."

MissMolsonIndy said:
Also, it asks for the unit. Are they refering to the unit that he works out of locally (Vancouver), or the unit that he is working out of over in Gagetown?
This would refer to the unit or school that he is with in Gagetown.
Guardian said:
The website may say that, but in reality the SN isn't necessary at all. Rank and name will be sufficient, plus all the physical address information you quoted.
Dangerous if there is anyone else out there with the same name & rank.  At least use the last three from the SN.

MCG said:
I'd stay away from "Canadian Forces Base/Area Support Unit Gagetown" for fear of it getting lost while looking for someone in the ASU with the name of your addressee.   Just use "CFB Gagetown."
This would refer to the unit or school that he is with in Gagetown.Dangerous if there is anyone else out there with the same name & rank.  At least use the last three from the SN.

I agree, when i was a reservist there was another soldier in my company with the same rank, last name AND initials as me! At least the last 3 numbers would be a safe bet.

Jane

He's hungry alright, but not for an IMP. I don't even have the slightest what an IMP is.

Qu'est ce-que c'est?

where are you? Vancouver, right? Where's your buddy stationed out of? Talk to the BOS there, they may very well have a system already in place.

Back