• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

Tough question to be accurate on. 

Bullet Jacket thickness plays a part and other manufacturing tolerances in the projectile

Crane put out a good NDIA paper on Fleet Yaw and effects. 

Short Neck (neck refers to distance from entry to yaw)

Sorry plane boarding door closing will get back to this. 

Okay back to this.

Short Neck Bullets - yaw and fragment within around 3-4"
  However short neck bullets are not necessarily common - the standard ball round is a long neck bullet - and will yaw and fragment within 7-8"

Gary Roberts has a good post here.
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?4329-Military-Wound-Ballistic-History

Not really - he does not have the gr SOST round up in those.

There are other non open source rounds as well that work well that are JAG/LoAC legal

Just tried to order a rifle from Wolverine.com and apparently you have to be a member of a gun club before they'll sell you a restricted weapon. I realize that I had to join a gun club to shoot it regardless but I have been procrastinating doing this so it seems that I will have to get off of my ass.

X_para76 said:
Just tried to order a rifle from Wolverine.com and apparently you have to be a member of a gun club before they'll sell you a restricted weapon. I realize that I had to join a gun club to shoot it regardless but I have been procrastinating doing this so it seems that I will have to get off of my ass.

The reason being that there are two classifications for owning restricted. Target shooting and collecting.

Target shooting entails taking it to a CFO approved range. Currently you can't get a long term ATT without belonging to a club. You can get a short term one if you provide an invitation from an approved range for a specific event. This is in Ontario under the auspiciousness' of the current CFO Herr Kommandant, all seeing totally unknowing, bully with a badge, Chris Wyatt. YMMV in other provinces. The government though has just promised to end the Prince John\ Sherriff of Nottingham dictorial, CFO making up their own rules and laws. We'll see.

If you say you're a collector, you'll never be allowed to take it out of its assigned address and you'll open yourself up to more inspections that any other gun owner.

Do you think Herr Wyatt's mascara will leak when he has to fire 3/4 of his staff due to ATT's being rolled into RPAL?  :crybaby:

recceguy said:
The reason being that there are two classifications for owning restricted. Target shooting and collecting.

Target shooting entails taking it to a CFO approved range. Currently you can't get a long term ATT without belonging to a club. You can get a short term one if you provide an invitation from an approved range for a specific event. This is in Ontario under the auspiciousness' of the current CFO Herr Kommandant, all seeing totally unknowing, bully with a badge, Chris Wyatt. YMMV in other provinces. The government though has just promised to end the Prince John\ Sherriff of Nottingham dictorial, CFO making up their own rules and laws. We'll see.

If you say you're a collector, you'll never be allowed to take it out of its assigned address and you'll open yourself up to more inspections that any other gun owner.

Yes the concept that you might actually be both is beyond them. I always said is that if you tie a regulations to a requirement such as having to belong to a rifle range, then the CFO/CFC's are obligated to promote the creation of such to ensure the licences does not become a "Mythical permit" (there is a actual phrase for this from a court case, but can't think of it right now).

Colin P said:
Yes the concept that you might actually be both is beyond them. I always said is that if you tie a regulations to a requirement such as having to belong to a rifle range, then the CFO/CFC's are obligated to promote the creation of such to ensure the licences does not become a "Mythical permit" (there is a actual phrase for this from a court case, but can't think of it right now).

Authorization to Carry (ATC) ? :D

that's the most obvious case. Case law that is not firearms related needs to be brought to bear on the subject. There is a case in First Nation law that speaks to this precisely but I cannot find it.

Sharp regional disparities in all of these factors meant the Criminal Code procedure for obtaining a legal therapeutic abortion was in practice illusory for many Canadian women.  http://publications.gc.ca/Collection-R/LoPBdP/CIR/8910-e.htm

www.lss.bc.ca/.../lawyers/practiceResources/preparingAnAboriginalRight...
created an impressive catalogue of case law specific to Aboriginal issues. For defence ... Canada at the time of the arrival of Europeans, and the need to reconcile this fact with ..... illusory by imposing an impossible burden of proof on those claiming this ..... unstructured discretion to permit the exercising of the right will likely.

Back on Topic, got my used DPMS AR last week, a little banged up, but the inside is pristine, will take it to the range next weekend, still has Iraqi dust on the outside. Interesting to thing who has walked and breathed that dust, considering the region is the birthplace of agriculture.

Got my Used DPMS, I am disappointed at the minimal amount of "Magic Poo Dust" it has, was hoping to sell some vials of it to help recoup the costs! the outside is a tad beat up, but the inner bits are pristine. Will get it to the range this weekend.

I dont know if its wide spread yet yet but in the latest issue of Canadian defense Review, Cold Canada has placed an add for a special IOP program they are spreading to Canada and making avaliable to all CF members. Offer includes special pricing on the Civi C7 and C8 at for $1,799 and $1,999 respectively. The offer also comes with a Colt Canada/Troy flip up sight, a 2 point sling, a 30/5 mag, a OTIS 300 Cleaning System, a Colt Canada/Franzen Magwell lock, and a pocket sized owners manual. All interested are to contact Korth Group for more information at info@korthgroup.com

Enjoy gents

Mr. St-Cyr said:
The IOP pricing is 1500$ and 1650$ for the C7A2 and C8A3 clones, respectively.

Must be a misprint in the magazine then

Back