• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

LOL!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!! ROTFL!!!!!!!! *wipes tears from eyes*

There will be a problem getting into the course if thats the way you think. No where near as easy as you make it sound. Trust me on that.
[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, the actual course isn't that hard. I've borrowed this from several web sites but here it is:

1) Push stick forward - cows get bigger
2) Pull stick back - cows get smaller

Enough said

Dizzy said:

There will be a problem getting into the course if thats the way you think. No where near as easy as you make it sound. Trust me on that.

If it makes you feel any better, the actual course isn't that hard. I've borrowed this from several web sites but here it is:

Enough said

ah I think its a bit more complicated then that. Ask Condor for details or any pilot for details.

Dizzy said:

Enough said
Ohhh...I like you...you make fun of pilots.  You may live.

Dizzy said:

Enough said

True, but pull back too far and you stall, also known as when you stop producing enough lift, push too far forward and you'll exceed the Vne, also know as going to damn fast!!!! Then you gotta worry about the radio calls, controlling the throttle, the mixture, flaps, lookout(VERY importent, I almost had a midair with a soaring glider),  trimming the aircraft, etc. There is a heck of a lot to do, and you have to do it all perfect or near enough to make sure you come back down in one piece. Which is the most importent thing of all.

Kyle Burrows said:
Ohhh...I like you...you make fun of pilots.   You may live.

I love you too Burrows............. :p

condor888000 said:

Jeeze... I love Haley..not you..get away.

Anyone who beats on condor gets free cookies.

condor888000 said:
Am I so hated? *shakes head* Meh, oh well.
You can have a free cookie too. I put arsenic in it :)

And you're a mandal...and thats worse.

condor888000 said:
True, but pull back too far and you stall, also known as when you stop producing enough lift, push too far forward and you'll exceed the Vne, also know as going to darn fast!!!! Then you gotta worry about the radio calls, controlling the throttle, the mixture, flaps, lookout(VERY importent, I almost had a midair with a soaring glider),   trimming the aircraft, etc. There is a heck of a lot to do, and you have to do it all perfect or near enough to make sure you come back down in one piece. Which is the most importent thing of all.

Wow, when you talk about it like that, it sounds so much like work. Just wanted to let the Sgt know that the flying scholarship groundschool or any private pilot g/s for that matter teaches you so much stuff that you'll probably never use again. Don't forget to enjoy
condor888000 said:
That's probably covered under frat rules...

Dizzy said:
Wow, when you talk about it like that, it sounds so much like work. Just wanted to let the Sgt know that the flying scholarship groundschool or any private pilot g/s for that matter teaches you so much stuff that you'll probably never use again.
Unless of course...you fly.

Just seemed like the logical thing.

Hey..this button makes the wings fall off.  We don't need wings, they taught us we did in school so it must not be true! ::)

hehe whats that glider quote again? Can you still fly with only one wing by compensating with additional rudder? I love that one. Suck my pedotube!

Its Pitot Tube

Pedotube sounds very, well, illegal.

And for those who think you can dump all of the stuff you learn in groundschool - if you have ANY aspiration in pursuing an aviation related career, I suggest you hold onto that information.

Last Wensday my Wing had a change of command ceremony. We lost a very good CO  :'( .

Farewell Major **********
Welcome Capt **********

We will miss him a lot, he guided us to success.

In other news my wing promoted a heck of a lot of people. Something like 14 cadets to LAC, 13 LAC's to corporal, 4 Sergent's, 4 FSGT's, 3 or 4 WO2 and a WO1. Now there's a lot of promotions! I think there's like me and 3 other LAC's in my level 3 class room of like 25. Yay for skipping a level!

Lots of fun comming up this year that I will be looking forward too. So any news from your squadrons?

Nothing new from 51, but I do have some news which concerns all Air Cadets.

http://www.aircadetleague.com/main.asp?language=english&flash=enabled&page=news_e.html
Air CAdet League said:
AIR CADET LEAGUE OF CANADA ANNOUNCES "LONG SERVICE MEDAL"

OTTAWA- The Air Cadet League of Canada is announcing the implementation of the "Air Cadet Long Service Medal" awarded to cadets who have completed four (4) continuous years of service with the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. The service medal is expected to be available to the squadrons in both official languages as early as the winter of 2006.

The Long Service Medal will be gold in colour and bear the RCAC crest in either French or English. The ribbon for the medal will be an attractive combination of blue and yellow and will feature an inscription box on the flip side. Included with the medal will be a short undress ribbon for the cadet's shirt as well as the presentation box.

Former cadets will also have the opportunity to purchase a Long Service Medal should they desire. Executive Director Jean Mignault stated that "We recognize that this is going to be popular with the cadets and will hopefully help with retention, which is one of our goals in introducing the medal. I want to assure everyone that I am doing everything I can to get the medals out as soon as possible."

Opinions? Please keep it civilized opinions.

Personally, I really dislike it, I think it will end as far too common. When I ran the number, 51 was looking at 20 odd cadets wearing it. Seems a bit much to me......

Back