• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Private Members Bill to Opt Out of Paying "Military Taxes"

Interesting.  I just read an article yesterday where this couple had their home burn down while firefighters watched.  The reason was they didn't pay the $75 yearly fee for Fire Department services.  there was another gentleman had the same happen to him before that for the same reason.  Don't pay then no service unless there is a life at risk.  The firefighters were there just to keep the fire from spreading.

Seems to me we should be able to do the same for these folks, especially as it won't change our dollars (unless the whole country joins them).  Record their info and when a natural disaster strikes with the military called in we bypass them.  Perhaps give them a business card with the number for the local NDP'er on it so they can call them for help.

Why not just let these hippy granola crunchers live in their little bubble of smugness. The pitiful amount of taxes diverted is probably not even worth worrying about. Let them put a check mark in a little box and feel completely free of responsibility. Mennonites, who I find pretty cool, actually need this. Let them not have to live with the moral ambiguity of real life. I have big shoulders and chose this job knowing I wouldn't always be popular.

Back