• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NEW CANFORGEN - TPT ASST RES FORCE PERS ON CL A AND B RES SVC

We aren't moved at Government expense to bases, we don't get IR, we don't get PLD (yeah I know it's being taken away, but it probably should never have existed to begin with, I hear that a new benefit is in the works as a blanket replacement for the Regs).

Umm.... there are many reservists who have been moved at government expense and are receiving PLD.
WRT IR... Yes - some do get that too...

But not me!  :(

sjm said:
But still, has anyone actually received a cheque?

I have had two rather large direct deposits of retro TA going back 45 months.  The system works.  Give it time and keep poking it with a stick.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I need some advice

I was on a 1 year contract with TD which ended 31 Mar 08. At the end of my contract I vacated my room and turned in my ration card as required since I was no longer on TD at the completion of my contract.

Due to the mutal enjoyment exersize of circular nature, with Comm res HQ being stood down and the Comm res being amalgamated with the rest of the militia my contract extension didn't make it through the meat grinder until mid April.

I was told on the 31st to continue parading as the contract would make it through eventually and would be retroactive. I was signing class a sheets that were stored in my shadow file just in case.

I've been commuting 192 KM a day round trip since the 31st.

A member of the COC where I’m parading where I'm working refuses to approve TAA, though I'm told that’s not his prerogative by other sources.

Up until this point both ORs were completely confident I was getting TAA and I did not question it.

Other than tendering my 30 day notice and seeking employment else where, what are my options?

Hmph....

As a reservist on Class A or B, you are entitled to TA for the 192Km (less32Km) distaqnce you travel each day.

Don't quit! - why would you want to do that ?

Submit your request for TA in writing.

If you get the $$$ without an argument - perfect
If you get a written reply denying it to you for such and such a reason.... file a grievance as it is your right to do.

So long as the regs are on your side... THEY will lose.

Update - My husband applied for retro TAA under this CANFORGEN.  His situation is complex, as he is now Reg F and halfway across the country from his former unit and Bde.  (No longer on the Reserve pay system.)

Submitted the paperwork in March through his current OR, it was sent to the Bde, lost/mishandled for several months.  Finally received the payment yesterday, for nearly 2 years worth of TAA.

(Sorry - old thread, but I wanted to update the progress.)

Back