• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling it as I see it. I don’t see you having a leg to stand on with that particular meme given your on past explosions on certain subjects.
Meh. Just your opinion. Ignorable in this case.

Attachments

• 6e9.png
    6e9.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 17
Let's put it this way.

Are you of the opinion that belittling attacks on female politicians by a certain parties supporters makes women more or less likely to support that party?
Yes and no. Some voters are probably moved by things like cute hair and really fun Socks. Others might look a little deeper and care about policies, vision, past behavior, and all that.

Because to me, either women look past that, or they activily dislike it.

I don't know. Women apparently looked past sexual assault and a suggestion women just experience assault differently. Plus of course the way Trudeau apparently speaks to women in his party when the cameras aren't rolling.

Again maybe that was looked past and people are looking at policies etc? But people (in fairness a lot of then likely conservatives) are calling McKenna climate barbie and THAT is going to sway their vote? Sure.

ModlrMike nailed it. The LPC has successfully convinced the CPC will turn back womens rights. As well as banning abortions, banning being gay, and basically being hitler.

What about half of that 187 BILLION taxpayer dollars being unaccounted for? Shhh Shh Shh, conservatives will ban being gay.

Yes and no. Some voters are probably moved by things like cute hair and really fun Socks. Others might look a little deeper and care about policies, vision, past behavior, and all that.

I don't know. Women apparently looked past sexual assault and a suggestion women just experience assault differently. Plus of course the way Trudeau apparently speaks to women in his party when the cameras aren't rolling.

Again maybe that was looked past and people are looking at policies etc? But people (in fairness a lot of then likely conservatives) are calling McKenna climate barbie and THAT is going to sway their vote? Sure.

ModlrMike nailed it. The LPC has successfully convinced the CPC will turn back womens rights. As well as banning abortions, banning being gay, and basically being hitler.

What about half of that 187 BILLION taxpayer dollars being unaccounted for? Shhh Shh Shh, conservatives will ban being gay.
On women’s issues, I’d say it’s probably a bit more nuanced than that. Probably more along the lines of things like pay equity, and easy access to affordable childcare. If a family decides to have kids, there are some burdens borne either uniquely or disproportionately by the woman, and as we’ve seen through COVID, especially with childcare issues there’s a greatly disproportionate impact on women. It would be fair to be looking critically at the different parties and taking a guess as to where they’re likely to line up in terms of prioritizing such things. Lack of affordable childcare can take women out of the workforce for years and basically condemn them to falling and staying behind in terms of job and career growth.

I don’t think many women are particularly impressed by the blatant surface misogyny that we’ve seen on display... But I also think that for many it goes a bit deeper than that in terms of what it reveals about a party’s (versus an individual leader’s) values.

This is all just me thinking out loud.

The issue I have with any party making dumb statements or using racist and sexist comments is that it dilutes their position and it it is generally because they have nothing of substance to offer.

Offer something. Anything. I don’t care about Trudeau’s Hair, or Climate Barbie. All I see is dumb schoolyard behaviour, some people here like that stuff because it makes them feel better. Yay you. I’d prefer to see some real substance because we aren’t getting any.

Trudeau, Freeland criticize decision to keep embattled navy chief on the job​

Depty PM says the military's decision sends the wrong signal to women in the ranks
"Many women and people I talk to are disappointed," Trudeau told reporters today. "This further demonstrates the work that the military and the military's leadership needs to do to regain the trust of Canadians, because there is such a deep need for real and substantive culture change and change in actions."
"I was surprised and disturbed by the decision," Freeland told a press conference today. "My immediate thought was, 'How would I feel if I were a Canadian woman in the Armed Forces?'

I totally agree with the PM and DPM. I expected a hell of a lot more out of the A/CDS.

However I can't help but be reminded of one time in Meaford getting told to tell students their weekend leave was canceled, which we did- then the OC swooped in on Friday morning and gave everyone the weekend off.

I totally agree with the PM and DPM. I expected a hell of a lot more out of the A/CDS.

However I can't help but be reminded of one time in Meaford getting told to tell students their weekend leave was canceled, which we did- then the OC swooped in on Friday morning and gave everyone the weekend off.
If they don’t like the decisions of the A/CDS they could fire him. But that would also mean that Sajin would be fired as well. What a bunch of no talent ass clowns!

If you are A/CDS and you see this in the paper (as you sit back with a glass of wine on your hand prior to a well earned day off for Canada Day) I wonder if you just chuck the glass and start pulling from the bottle while scrolling through your old resumes:

"They [PM & DPM] publicly questioned whether it was a good idea for the acting chief of the defence staff, Lt.-Gen. Wayne Eyre, to allow Baines to remain in his post after he took part in a golf game with former chief of the defence staff Jonathan Vance, who is under military police investigation following allegations of inappropriate behaviour."

I’d say you keep commanding the CAF and deal with the difficult issues within the Forces.

As the MND appears to be already on vacation, and the PM and D/PM are so unhappy, let them ramp their response from: “survey-informed tsk-tsk-tsking” to:
1625108061915.gif

I’d say you keep commanding the CAF and deal with the difficult issues within the Forces.

As the MND appears to be already on vacation, and the PM and D/PM are so unhappy, let them ramp their response from: “survey-informed tsk-tsk-tsking” to:
View attachment 65631
Maybe a strongly worded letter??

Defund the Liberal Party please - or at least this iteration of it.

If you are A/CDS and you see this in the paper (as you sit back with a glass of wine on your hand prior to a well earned day off for Canada Day) I wonder if you just chuck the glass and start pulling from the bottle while scrolling through your old resumes:

He might also open a text from the PM saying thank you for your service.

If you're the conspiricy type what better way to set the PM and DPM up to look like hero's than setting the stage to publicly lambaste a general who takes it easy on a good old boy for something sexual misconduct related?

It's pretty hard to orchestrate a better virtue signal than this.

Let's put it this way.

Let's put it this way . . .

belittling attacks on female politicians by a certain parties supporters

It's not "female politicians". It's incompetent/arrogant politicians, regardless of sex.

Because to me, either women look past that, or they activily dislike it.

Women are not a monolithic block who all think and vote the same way and for the same reasons.

But notice how few seem to mind when a self-proclaimed feminist tosses or drives three female MPs, one of whom is indigenous and another black, out of his party because they would not submit to his will.

Mocking somebody who, through her own words and actions, invited it is a bigger sin than throwing three out for standing up to corruption and abuse?

Words speak louder than actions?

And then there's the whole Creston grope thing. Few women seemed to care about a sexual assault on a young woman.

Perhaps the old saying that women are attracted to jerks is true, at least enough of the time.

I've actively campaigned for female candidates, in nomination contests and elections, by the way. They were all excellent candidates - intelligent, motivated, engaging, personable and knew their material perfectly - else I would not have done so. I did that through Reform Party, Canadian Alliance, and Conservative eras. They all had the absolute full support of their riding associations. X and Y chromosome combinations were not a factor. We picked the best person each time, and competition was usually strong.

The only exception was Belinda Stronach, who used her influence in Daddy's company to recruit members and gave the whole night shift the evening off so that they could vote for her in the nomination. Barely enough did so, though. The rest took a free "f you" evening off and she barely won. She was an absolute clueless disaster in every way. Most of the riding association abandoned her and campaigned for neighbouring candidates. Then she betrayed everybody by switching sides, and dumped Peter MacKay. Just a spoiled little rich girl playing games.

He might also open a text from the PM saying thank you for your service.

If you're the conspiricy type what better way to set the PM and DPM up to look like hero's than setting the stage to publicly lambaste a general who takes it easy on a good old boy for something sexual misconduct related?

It's pretty hard to orchestrate a better virtue signal than this.

Not going to happen, IMHO.

It's clear that General Wayne has blown it, and his remaining tenure can probably be measured in a hummingbird heartbeat.

Not going to happen, IMHO.

It's clear that General Wayne has blown it, and his remaining tenure can probably be measured in a hummingbird heartbeat.

If my conspiracy ideas are out to lunch then I'd agree 100% and think Trudeau and the DPM really did a bold and great job calling that decision out.

If the PMO loses faith in the A/CDS maybe they will be "forced" to move the VCDS to the CDS role, even though that's not what they did with the last VCDS when the spot opened up for some reason.

He is still consistently and strongly leading in every major poll in Canada. Yes, we are going to be stuck with him for at least as long as his father.
He is still in his 40's and already on his third president.

This was posted by another member last year,

I rarely find anything of value in MacLean's (or from Scott Gilmore for that matter) but this one actually has some good points:
To see his ten points, go here:
Ten things that would guarantee the new CPC leader is a winner - Macleans.ca

If the situation is as desperate as you indicate, those ten things, or at least some of them, may, or may not, be worthy of consideration. Even if written by a person married to a Liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back