• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Let's get rid of the Beret (or at least tell logistik unicorp theirs suck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
geo said:
Hale - what sort of caps does the CF wear?
Army - Beret, wide brim field cap, tuque / watch cap,
          glengarrys, balmorals, bearskin busbys, feather bonets, and a zillion other
          ancient orders of dress

Airforce - Beret, Wedge, Ball cap
Navy - Beret, Ball cap, Forage cap... watch cap
Rangers - Red Ball cap

You forgot the turbans - everybody gets two free annually...

Hale said:
I didnt know your navy had done away with the hat. Our guys wear it around all the time, they love them. I suppose its handy for them, it can double as a picnic table to eat their sandwiches off in an emergency!
Was the losing of the hat another of the unification things? They look very, very smick with those things on, i dont know why you'd let that one ever go.
...Arg...sorry, after TN2IC said it i couldnt resist.
Hoist the mainsail and lash the cat to the dog with a splice! Arg!

Yes we lost the traditional sailor uniform at unification. we all went to a rifle green army uniform with collar dogs that designated your service. I joined in 77 and we were just getting our ranks back.....at first you were a Corporal (Sea)......Sgt (Sea).......really stupid! that lasted about 5 years before we got wise and went back to the traditional navy ranks. we went back to a distinctive environmental uniform in 84....but not the old sailor suit. The current one looks identical to the US uniform. So we went from a Brit uniform to a Yank uniform...now that's progress eh??

By the by there Bergeron.....the only reason you think Sea Cadet hat is because the Cadets retained the hat we all used to wear.

Well Shiver me timbers!.....IN HOC SIGNO be an old salt here.

Back to me bucko..

I know about the sea cadets, I'm sure some other navys get confused with us when we're over seas and in dress uniform. we got some fancy lookin NCMs in canada...
Back to the old uniforms I say.

I wore the old Navy uniform when I was a Sea Cadet. RCSCC Rainbow 72-75

Worst mistake ever made for mens morale was getting rid of that uniform.  Just consider this.  The ladies loved to dress up little boys like sailors.  If you couldn't "get some" wearing the old blues ..... well, I honestly don't know what to follow that with.  Then again... it was the 70's.

Exactly mate, any time you see a bunch of navy blokes in uniform you just know theres going to be a swarm of girls right after them. Its amazing. More sexual innuendo and hair tossing from the girls then they know what to do with. But yeah, the girls swarm to that uniform leaving us army blokes to just sit around and drink..its a crying shame :'(

Nah Hale,

Rest assured some of us prefer green uniforms in a big way!!  :)

EX_RCAC_011 said:
I tried to order one,it wouldnt let me. ;)

Dang! I was just on the website ordering some new gloves (cause I lost one today....they are like socks eh) and saw the Turban, white (Navy DEU)...my eldest son was watching and said "Hey order that for a lark!" I didn't but it was available on my personal kit thingie...are you telling me they wouldn't have shipped it?  :mad:

Geo, forage caps are still authorized for use with AF orders of Deu dress (they used to be authorized with flying clothing, believe it or not...up to mid-90's).

G2G

my father wore a forge cap in the airforce before leaving the service. if it wasn't for me his uniform would have been put in the garbage years ago.
he swore to never wear another uniform again. and HATEs the idea of be joining up, resurves or regs.

While I like the beret itself, I am not a fan of the leather sweat band or the Logisitik berets.  Not to the way I like to wear it, there is too much material on the ones that fit my big stupid head.

Thats why I stopped in Gagetown today, and purchased 2 nice blue Parkhurst berets.  The Logistik one I was issued in St-Jean, well....looked pretty ridiculous. 

Keep the beret for wear with CADPAT IMHO. 

I was noticing in the Dress Manual that the forge cap was still there on AF orders of dress.  Ugh.  Please tell me no one is still wearing the bus driver hats in the AF in DEUs?   I myself could do with just wearing the beret in DEUs, but I am used to that after 17 years of Army DEUs.  This wedge thing takes some getting used to.   ;D

~ edit for spelling miss-steaks.

I hate it when people go around saying Fabric band berets are only for officers. god do I ever role my eyes.
It depends on the regiment their RSM and CO. sheesh. I know the regiment I am close to ALL wears fabric band berets, only during BMQ do you have to wear the leather band beret got to keep the liner too.  ;D

In Bosnia we had to wear that freaking floppy hat.So the locals could see that the WO was in charge with his beret on.What a waste of money,time and development that thing is.I got told to remove my wire from the outer liner as well.So it became totally innefective.

I would rather wear a beret than a floppy any day.

Something else the stupid green touque.I honestly cannot wear the bloddy thing for no more than 2 minutes before my head breaks into a itching mess.However I have noticed more and more people are getting away with wearing the green fleece toques bought from kitshops.I remember people wearing it in Petawawa after our kit shop started selling it.FIELD USE ONLY!!!Now it is somewhat accepted.

Now that I think about it we have a lot of unfunctional,uncomfortable head decorations.
My beret being honestly the favorite.

Hey mover,sew a airforcer badge on this bad boy.

http://www.johnsclub.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId={D9EVERESTBF2073-ECC5-4002-A2FE-13C4803A9739}&ic=978%2DSKY&eq=&Tp=

I love my WIGWAM.
Its WAY better then any winter headdress. glad no one can yell at me, as a CI.
Its thin, Warm as hell and comfy, I wish they made it in cadpat or od.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
Hey mover,sew a airforcer badge on this bad boy.

http://www.johnsclub.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId={D9EVERESTBF2073-ECC5-4002-A2FE-13C4803A9739}&ic=978%2DSKY&eq=&Tp=

That is WAY to baby blue!  ;D

I bet you Mover 1 has already secretly ordered one and will have it on his head next week.

I have only been in the reserve forces for a month and I've already ruined two Logistik berets.  I am a fan of the beret but I think those Logistik ones are of poor quality.  I ripped right through the leather on the first one when I pulled to tighten it and the thin layer of black stuff came off the leather band on the second one.  I don't really want to spend the money on another one but I don't want to get jacked up on my BMQ. 

Bergeron 971 said:
I hate it when people go around saying Fabric band berets are only for officers. god do I ever role my eyes.
It depends on the regiment their RSM and CO. sheesh. I know the regiment I am close to ALL wears fabric band berets, only during BMQ do you have to wear the leather band beret got to keep the liner too.  ;D
I ran into this before a number of years ago from an Armd officer who challenged me on it, I promtly asked him to direct me to the reg that states I am not allowed to wear one and that he is. After a little huffing and puffing he just got annoyed and let it drop.  I have had both black and green Belgique types and love them, the issued ones are really poorly made now. Years ago they were alright but now the just seem to be garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back