• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit Reviews, issued and non issued

Get one if you want, but it's not like you're going to get an FMP issued to put in it.  ;)

I suppose that you could take an FMP with you too -- that's sure to draw some attention, not necessarily the kind of attention you want.

for basic, and after, all you really need is a pocket-sized notebook.

iron_wolf said:
Just a little question
I've heard that Canex FMP cover are pretty crappy so would it be a good idea i get one from CPgear before going to basic or would it be just a push-up magnet? :pushup:

Thanks

Des beat me to my post. Get a couple 99 cent 3x5 spiral bound notepad from Walmat and a couple of these 3x5 for the field from CP gear:

http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=81

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Des beat me to my post. Get a couple 99 cent 3x5 spiral bound notepad from Walmat and a couple of these 3x5 for the field from CP gear:

http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=81

The added bonus to a 3x5 notebook, is when your hangers have to be exactly 3 inches from each other for inspection, just use your notebook.

Further, to carry on the "Kit review" portion:

I do not carry FMPs anymore. I find them bulky and not so useful unless in ideal conditions anymore. I live by All Weather or "Rite-in-the-Rain" books and note pads. I lso love those spiral bound notebooks mentioned above.

For those whom are wondering where to get one, CP gear sells them:

http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=211

As for the all weather writing utensil, I found that the former USSR space writing utensil (standard lead pencil) works perfectly in all weather conditions, albiet I usually use a 7mm mechanical.

ArmyVern said:
I love my little MP notebook. It's the cat's ass.

I like them, but prefer the All Weather notebooks. There are 2 draw backs to those MP notebooks:

1. pages are not made to tear out,
2. hard to get (unless you are a 911 WO with good connections.....)

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
I like them, but prefer to All weather notebooks. There are 2 draw backs to those MP notebooks:

2. hard to get (unless you are a 911 WO with good connections.....)

Damn ... mine's almost filled up -- I'll have to hook up with one of those number 2s!!

(We carry 'em in CSG here, alongside the FMPs for those who want 'em)

Truth be told, I always preferred those little MP notebooks myself.  Of course, I had a reliable source (yet ANOTHER 911 - but I was married to that one).

We still have a few around, and I carry one in my shop apron - for the same reason - it fits in a little pocket there - which makes it always at hand, and thus handy.

Roy Harding said:
It helps if you're sleeping with a Sup Tech.

So THAT's the secret! Vern, who do you know in Edmonton???

Sig_Des said:
So THAT's the secret! Vern, who do you know in Edmonton???

Cliff M or Mike B -- which one would you prefer!!??  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Cliff M or Mike B -- which one would you prefer!!??  >:D

Which one will get me the coolest kit ?  ;D

WAIT! I have a stores account now! NM!  >:D

Back