• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What to bring to the Field- Tips and Tricks

Strike said:
Flip-flops.

Even if you are told you're going to be stuck in the field for weeks on end, there may be a couple of snivel runs to clean up.  May as well be prepared.

Even if there isn't, they're great for airing your feet out when the situation permits....

my72jeep said:
Really you believe that? Don't you watch mythbusters?

From what I understand, C4 requires a blasting cap for detonation, correct? A combination of heat and pressure that can not be generated by the force of a boot stomping on it?

Correct me if i'm wrong!

I meant the boot stomping as a joke :)

C4 burns too hot & fast to stomp out....the C ration cans we used would be red hot in about 10-15 seconds.....

Jim Seggie said:
Just a thought - have we mentioned a weapon and ammo?  ;D

They are already playing with C4, and other fun things, now you want to give them weapons...?  ;D

Well, there was already talk about bringing a big 'ol knife with which to take out sentries. I suggest a garrote might be better.  It's not as messy and can double as a snare if you get lost in the woods and need to find food.  ;)

Strike said:
Well, there was already talk about bringing a big 'ol knife with which to take out sentries. I suggest a garrote might be better.  It's not as messy and can double as a snare if you get lost in the woods and need to find food.  ;)

Oh oh. There's the wedge tangent that'll send this into a spiral ;D

recceguy said:
Oh oh. There's the wedge tangent that'll send this into a spiral ;D

What garrot's 101, battle axes/tomahawks, or simple lashing with a wet noodle....? easy peasy... ;D

:pop:

You don't need all the high speed, low drag when God is your spotter ;D

GAP said:
What garrot's 101, battle axes/tomahawks, or simple lashing with a wet noodle....? easy peasy... ;D

:pop:

:facepalm: A Tomahawk is too big to pack in a ruck, plus its smarter than most soldiers. They know where Iraq is..the missiles that is.  ;)

recceguy said:
You don't need all the high speed, low drag when God is your spotter ;D
If God really IS this guy's spotter, he wouldn't need the scope....

Is the Vatican getting that serious?

I'm not Catholic.

Should I be worried?

Hmmm....VDM*?

*Vatican Designated Marksman...

Popemobile_Real.jpg

Popemobile to the rescue!

GAP said:
C4 burns too hot & fast to stomp out....the C ration cans we used would be red hot in about 10-15 seconds.....

And if you use it to eat, you'll have less left to rearrange geography  ;D

daftandbarmy said:
And if you use it to eat, you'll have less left to rearrange geography  ;D
Oh no, we had scads of C4, compliments of the E5's....bunker busters.  ;D

ObedientiaZelum said:
That dude is so fake. I can barely pull my tomahawk out on the fly- it's impossible to put it away without asking the dude behind me for help.  ;)

Years later I still find myself still toying with kit layouts. For me the must haves are;

Thermal top
snugpak softie jacket
gore text stealth suit
headlamp
LARGE RAMBO LIKE FIGHTING KNIFE
softie sleeping bag4Bivy Bag
ranger blanket
shemagh

right behind  must have;
MSR pocket rocket-butane fuel-canteen cup-cup a soup/mr noodles/hot chocolate
field pillow
SOG tomahawk

Big Rambo knife and tomahawk ? Really? ::) do you bring a compound bow and explosive tipped arrows for taking out bunkers like Rambo also or do you prefer a cross bow with oak shafts so they shatter better when they hit the sentries necks, ala Wild Geese, oh wait that was what the Rambo knife was for.

Dkeh said:
If i'm not mistaken, didn't we stop handing hexamine out? I love the "MAY CAUSE DEATH" warning ;D
I remember when it came 6 Tabs on a white card with big black letters POISON or was that POISSON?

my72jeep said:
I remember when it came 6 Tabs on a white card with big black letters POISON or was that POISSON?

There was an old army urban legend about the military training assistance program student from a Francophone 3rd world country who ended up in hospital after eating some of the tablets. His excuse was he thought the tablets were fish and Canadians had misspelt POISSON.

:facepalm:

Back