• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Review: Hanwag Special Forces GTX

johndamelio39

Inactive
Reaction score
I have leanred that boots tend to be the most discussed piece of kit around. Thousands of different kinds for different purposes and it takes forever to find a perfect pair.

I just wanted to write a brief review on a pair that I have had to awhile to help those make a decision who arein the market.

I bought myself a pair of Hanwag Special Forces GTX.

I was looking for a pair of boots that would hold up on extremely long intense ruck marches to get rid of that all to common foot bruise. Ya know, the type of feeling you get on a long ruck when your feet get so bruised that when you step on a tiny pebble it feels like its going right through your boot and piercing your skin? Well I asked around and after recieving these boots it was a pretty easy solution.

The boots are a little pricey ($375 shipped from UK) But they seem pretty awesome out of the box, its an all leather boot, inside and out. I picked up a pair of oven moldable inserts to throw in the boots. At first the boots were pretty stiff, but after a few rucks the leather seemed to mold to my feet.

All in all I have had the boots for almost 2 years now, I have done the Cambrian Patrol with them, Njmegen, and misc exercises/parade/courses. All in all I am thinking about 5,000+km on them. And they still are great, apart from a little bit of leather rips on the edges, the boots have no permanent scuffs, no chunks missing, the sole is vibram so its holding up like new still.

One thing I liked was because they are an all leather boot, it is pretty easy to wear around in one of those "issued boots only" areas, since there are no clothe, zipper, buckles on the boot.

So all in all, complete leather waterproof, thick vibram sole, moldable, comfortable  and good looking boots.

Hope someone finds this useful!
Cheers

Mod edit to clarify title

Back