• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit Reviews, issued and non issued

Farmboy said:
For those of you who are C9 Gunners there are vests out there for you:
Indeed.  It's called the "Tactical Vest" and it's available, free of charge, from your local CQ/SQ.  Holds 2 belt boxes, four magazines (don't forget, that C9 of yours can also be magazine fed: not that well with blanks, but 'ok' with ball ammo), PLUS, for a limited time, get your "hydration system" for the back.  Now, remember, two on the vest and one on the gun= 600 rounds of 4 ball/1 tracer fun and excitement.  Also, the price just CAN'T BE BEAT.  See your local CQ/SQ for one now.  Limited time offer!

LOL.  Glad you liked it.  I should have noted on my post at the bottom:
Tongue firmly planted in cheek, and with apologies to Kevin B in advance  ;)

nbtcrme.gif

:rofl:
vonGarvin knocking the "buy your own kit crowd"? predictable.
Kevin B's response with a applicable and very good use of Mr. T?  priceless!

vonGarvin said:
:rofl:
vonGarvin knocking the "buy your own kit crowd"? predictable.
Kevin B's response with a applicable and very good use of Mr. T?  priceless!

Who ever would have guessed  ???  I liked your sales pitch tho. Too bad I had to sign my life away to get one  ;D

Does anyone have any feed back on the snugpak softie jacket?
Runs around $325 ish.

Ghost778 said:
Does anyone have any feed back on the snugpak softie jacket?
Runs around $325 ish.

Wonderful piece of kit, very common in the UK.  I've had one for years and wouldn't part with it without a replacement.  Highly recommended though a bit pricey over here.  I have just started to buy from Dropzone and they made a similar jacket sold by the PPCLI kitshop and sold direct.  You might consider that.

Thanks I'll check it out. Snugpak is pricy but they have a great name. My merlin 3 sleeping bag is awesome, next winter i'm going to pick up one of their cold weather arctic ones.

For the PPCLI kitshop try: http://kitshop.ppcli.com/index.php?cPath=25&sort=1a&page=2&osCsid=acc2d6224a41b0cafe686db1d77755d1

But they have been really slow at filling orders lately.

Or you can try Brian Kroon, the head man at Dropzone directly, he gives a discount of 20% if I am not mistaken to members of the Forces:  http://www.dropzonetactical.com/home.html

Good luck.

The PPLCI kitshop has them listed for $150, but they're $239 on Drop Zone's site. Since this seems too good to be true, I have to ask, what gives?

Maybe they made a bulk purchase, I don't know.  Ask Brian Kroon at Dropzone he is your man with the answers.

Gentlemen,

Due to the fact we offer a "kit shop program" the PPCLI kit shop buys HUGE volumes from us, hence they get VERY special pricing from us.

The mandate given to them does not allow them traditional retail markup when they sell to members of the Battalion, hence the difference in pricing, albeit I think $150.00 may be an older price.

Kind Regards

Brian Kroon

Hi Guys,

2 of the best knife Companies who make some of the best tactical knives around are Emerson Knives and Strider Knives. Not only to they make absolutely stunning tactical knives, but they care about there reputation and integrity far more than making a quick buck. Keep in mind that there knives are pricey, but they will get the job done in the most extreme situations. From Emerson I own a Commander, CQC-7, and a SOCFK-A. From Strider I own an AR, but have owned a Tanto SnG and a Clip point WP. If you are looking for a no nonsense knife that can get the job done in ANY situation. I highly recommend picking up a Strider or Emerson.

www.emersonknives.com

www.striderknives.com

Regards,

Andrew

Emerson and Strider are top-notch for sure, but they come with a huge price tag.

Ontario RAT (Randall's Adverture Training) knives are excellent quality, but much more affordable. I have the RAT 3 and the model 1 folder, both are excellent in terms of quality, ergonomics, and value. In fact I think mudgunner49 is a dealer... and btw I need a RAT-5  ;D

Cheers

Just a little question
I've heard that Canex FMP cover are pretty crappy so would it be a good idea i get one from CPgear before going to basic or would it be just a push-up magnet? :pushup:

Thanks

Back