• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JANUARY 2009 BMOQ

mjc_1812 said:
Art Officer!

Great, I could see at least 2 different command.com structures requiring another building in Ottawa for this new trade. ;)

mjc_1812 said:
Just got my offer into the January BMOQ, I'll be going in as an Art Officer! See you guys there!

Congrats! Jan. 5, I presume?

mjc_1812 said:
Just got my offer into the January BMOQ, I'll be going in as an Art Officer! See you guys there!

Congratulations.  Expression, Renaissance, oil or water?

Jan. 5, I presume?

yup

Congratulations.  Expression, Renaissance, oil or water?

Lets hope none of the above, my artistic skills are minimum... to be honest I don't know why they chose me for that skill ;)

Of course, they ALSO chose me to be an Artillery Officer, so lets hope I'm more successful there.

mjc_1812 said:
yup

Lets hope none of the above, my artistic skills are minimum... to be honest I don't know why they chose me for that skill ;)

Of course, they ALSO chose me to be an Artillery Officer, so lets hope I'm more successful there.

Therefore, I, as a serving Artillery Officer, would suggest that when referring to your future occupation that you use the term Artillery Officer not Art Officer.  Cheers.

I just got the call today! Artillery Officer on the Jan. 05 course.

It's been almost a year to the day since I first walked into CFRC Toronto. I can't wait!

Anyone in Toronto who wants to grab a pint pre-course, PM me.

See you all there!

I've applied for Artillery Officer. All my file had been in Ottawa on September 30th. Hope I'm going to have a call soon for January 5th !

Surely there are more officer candidates receiving offers.  ???

Shameless promotion of Facebook site:

Celticgirl said:
I've started a Facebook group for the Jan. 5 BMOQ so we can all get to know one another a bit before training begins. :) --> Jan 5 BMOQ Facebook Group

I've been waiting for the call for a month or a bit more now. They called me last week. I was sure that it was an offer but no. They wanted me to pass another test view but with glasses this time. I did the test with contact lens and it seems that it's not the same result. I've received the form past Friday and get an appointment with my eye doctor today at 3:00 p.m. ! I'm going to fax them the results and I'll wait for another call, I hope to get in on January 5th ! I'll give you some news.

I'm 17 years old and applying for Artillery Officer with CEOTP.

I'm originally speaking french so I'm not really sure to be in with all of you. I don't even know if there's a french course starting on the same day. I hope so.

Here's an extra reason to join the Facebook group mentioned above, we are putting together pre-course meet and greets in Toronto and Ottawa. If you don't have Facebook, feel free to PM me for details.

jeffb said:
Here's an extra reason to join the Facebook group mentioned above, we are putting together pre-course meet and greets in Toronto and Ottawa. If you don't have Facebook, feel free to PM me for details.

Don't forget New Brunswick! We'll do a M & G somewhere in NB sometime in December as well. :)

Supposed to be Jan 5 BMQ for AEC, but now there might be a hitch. Will find out tomorrow what it could be. Going thru on a OCTP - officer cadet, to earn a degree during my 6 yrs. This has been a very long process - but finally the end, or i should say the beginning is in sight.

Also have to do 2nd lang training - who knmows how long that will be - they said 33 wks - though it could be shorter - depending on this and that.

Here's hoping.

sinistersuperspy said:
Supposed to be Jan 5 BMQ for AEC, but now there might be a hitch. Will find out tomorrow what it could be. Going thru on a OCTP - officer cadet, to earn a degree during my 6 yrs. This has been a very long process - but finally the end, or i should say the beginning is in sight.

Also have to do 2nd lang training - who knmows how long that will be - they said 33 wks - though it could be shorter - depending on this and that.

Here's hoping.

You were misinformed. [Edited to add - "unless you are a francophone."] Check out this thread: Second Language Training after Basic - Updated Info

Also, you might want to check out this thread for more info: AEC Recruitment and Training Process

The good news is you just got back 33 weeks of your life. ;)

Thanks! That clears up alot - but alas, questions persist. So after basic we are posted temporarily? I thought we go straight to cornwall unless there is a lag in program scheduling.

And does stream refer to ifr/vfr/wpns?

Also, what is Core via D/l?  Sorry - i was out of the loop for most of the year - under the impression my app was in limbo - and didnt know about this wonderful hallowed place!!!

I noticed from one of your earlier posts you are a parent too - are you guys all prepped for this?

We are explaining it all to our 2 oldest (we have 5)

Thanks for the info!

sinistersuperspy said:
Thanks! That clears up alot - but alas, questions persist. So after basic we are posted temporarily? I thought we go straight to cornwall unless there is a lag in program scheduling.

Not anymore. I wish the recruiting website would reflect the changes so those of us preparing for this trade would not be getting outdated and no longer accurate info. The core phase is now done through a Distance Learning (DL) package while doing a pre-OJT phase at an air base, then we go to Cornwall.

And does stream refer to ifr/vfr/wpns?

Yes.

Also, what is Core via D/l?  Sorry - i was out of the loop for most of the year - under the impression my app was in limbo - and didnt know about this wonderful hallowed place!!!

As I said above, the core phase of AEC is now done via a Distance Learning package. Depending on your 'stream', you'll then do 10-18 weeks of training in Cornwall. The thread Aerospaced_Out posted shows the process pretty clearly.

I noticed from one of your earlier posts you are a parent too - are you guys all prepped for this?

We are explaining it all to our 2 oldest (we have 5)

Five...wow! I only have the one, and she is turning 9 this coming week. I've talked to her a lot in recent months about this opportunity, long before I even got my offer lest it be very quick (it wasn't). I am confident that she understands why I am leaving, though, and what a great thing this is for me (and her, too, ultimately). She is wonderfully supportive of my choice. :)

Thanks for the info!

Check out the Air Force Support Trades section for more info. There are quite a few threads there now on AEC and Cornwall.

I knew as much as you when I first found this site. It has been a great source of info for me, too.  :D

I brilliantly decided to READ the actual AEC Recruitment process doc that you linked to - and amazingly enough, I figured it out. Guess it's a good thing the aptitude test wasn't a fluke!

I finished everything up back in April, but didnt even know about this place - I wish i had - since ive been in limbo - no word no nothing. But they emailed me this week (We moved, and I forgot to tell them our new number lol) and I  am slated as I said previously for Jan5.

Here I thought id be away for a yr and a half! Thnk goodness!

I'm just happy to be in the home stretch - althoug I SERIOUSLY need to catch up on my workout! Yikes.

Onward!

Back