• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JANUARY 2009 BMOQ

R

rtangri

Hey, anyone hoping to get onto the January 2008 BMOQ? I got passed over on the September selectionboard even though I was on merit list, most likely due to an academic assessment that they still needed to confirm with U of T (Mississauga). Hoping to get in as an infantry officer under CEOTP. Anybody else hoping to get onto this board? For what, and if you have heard rumors that there might be an earlier training date for OCdTs.

I just found out yesterday that I'm going to be on the Jan. 5 BMOQ. Trade = AEC

There is still a lot of time left (four whole months), so barring any major issues, I should see you there! (By the way, next year is 2009, not 2008. ;))

Haha, thanks for point that out. I noticed when I was about to enter the post,that the title of the post was also 2008 so I changed that one and not the one in the paragraph. Wow, you got the call already! Congratulations, and I must say I am very jealous. By the way how long have you been on merit list, and under what program are you going in? DEO CEOTP etc...

I'm going DEO and not sure about merit listing per se. My MCC called me yesterday to tell me that the selection board had met that morning and that they had selected me for AEC. Then he told me that he couldn't give me the offer himself, but that a clerk would be calling me Tuesday with my offer and that I'd be on the Jan. 5 BMOQ. So I guess being "selected" must be the same as being "merit listed"? In any case, I applied in February, so it certainly has been anything but quick!

Celticgirl said:
In any case, I applied in February, so it certainly has been anything but quick!

IIRC, the reasons for that were not under the CF's control.

CDN Aviator said:
IIRC, the reasons for that were not under the CF's control.

I know that. I was just responding to rtangri's "you got the call already?", as though I had just applied or something. It's been a long road, but well worth the wait.

So I guess being "selected" must be the same as being "merit listed"?

No it is two different things.  One must be merit listed in order to be selected.

kincanucks said:
So I guess being "selected" must be the same as being "merit listed"?

No it is two different things.  One must be merit listed in order to be selected.

Interesting. I hadn't been told that I was merit listed, just that I was selected.

Celticgirl said:
Interesting. I hadn't been told that I was merit listed, just that I was selected.

DND's way of making sure people do not read into an acceptance. :)

Sorry CelticGirl, didn't mean to assume anything. Good luck with everything though! I hope I get to see you there in January.

Playing the waiting game.....its so boring, but its good for the chance to train out for army, would be great to get an acceptance, would be more driven to succeed in all honesty though...

And I think this got answered already, but merit list comes before selection, what is AEC by the way?

AEC is Aerospace Control Officer.  Air Traffic and Air Weapons Control.

Straight off the Forces site:
You will be responsible for the conduct of aerospace surveillance, warning, and control of airborne objects throughout Canadian Airspace. You will also provide control to civilian and military aircraft during combat and training operations all over the world.

rtangri said:
Sorry CelticGirl, didn't mean to assume anything. Good luck with everything though! I hope I get to see you there in January.

What are you apologizing for?

Oh from earlier, didnt mean that you got in so quick...more as in....I wish it was me :)

For those of us on the Jan.-Apr. '09 BMOQ, I found a website that may be of interest (see link below) from a former OCdt who attended the winter BMOQ in 2006. There are lots of pictures (especially of the exercises in Farnham in the snow!) and I believe it shows what is in store for us this winter. Looks like fun, guys! ;)

Jan.-Apr. '06 BMOQ

Nothing as of yet :(  Going to head into the CFRC next week and have a chat about my file. 

Stirling Dyer said:
Nothing as of yet :(  Going to head into the CFRC next week and have a chat about my file. 

Sounds like a good plan. Keep on top of it. Hope you get some good news soon!  8)

Who else has been given a January 2009 BMOQ date? Anyone? Bueller?  8)

Just got my offer into the January BMOQ, I'll be going in as an Art Officer! See you guys there!

Back