• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Selection Dates -HEADS UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, may the best candidate win. Best of luck to all of you.

Thank you for the answer !!! And yes good luck to all of you! Did any infantry applicant got they reference called !?

Hey all,

Got my call today! July 4th I swear in, and July 14th I will be flying to Quebec to start BMQ. Life is about to get a whole lot more exciting! Wish everyone else and all infantry hopefuls all the best of luck! Hope to see you there. Phone calls are coming your way. :)

To RyaeC:
Congratulation !!!!! Thats a good news for you ! Good luck :D
U get call for what trade !? Infantry soldier or infantry officer !?!?

?? I was asking because im a french canadian and i didnt find what NCM means .. It was sounding like an officier post!

I'm still waiting on my references to be called to be merit listed.  I'm hoping to make the first selection date!

All I was told in my phone call was simply PPCLI. He did not specify which one. He was also throwing a lot of questions and facts at me. SO I was mostly just jotting down things as fast as I could. ( BMQ Date, Oath Date/Location, etc.) I am planning to call in and get more info to tie up loose ends.

RyaeC said:
All I was told in my phone call was simply PPCLI. He did not specify which one.

That is because there is only one PPCLI. Within that regiment, there are multiple battalions.

He could not tell you which battalion you would go to as he does not know. You will not know until later on BIQ.

CDN Aviator said:
That is because there is only one PPCLI. Within that regiment, there are multiple battalions.

He could not tell you which battalion you would go to as he does not know. You will not know until later on BIQ.

I figured that there was only one. Only after the fact when people were asking me "Which PPCLI"? I did not know how to answer their question.

Thank you though for clearing up and confirming that for me!  :salute:

RyaeC said:
I figured that there was only one. Only after the fact when people were asking me "Which PPCLI"? I did not know how to answer their question.

The First, Second and Third are battalions of the PPCLI regiment. After BIQ, you will go to one of these.

Just a bit confused about this. Considering the selection date is August 7, why would they select an applicant early? I understand that these things happen, especially to fill spots, but I thought the whole point was to have the graduation of BMQ and the opening of BIQ relatively close? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm obviously new to all of this.

I though maybe it was for reserve infantry.  I'm new as well and could be wrong.

big45-70 said:
I though maybe it was for reserve infantry.  I'm new as well and could be wrong.

There are no selection boards for reserve infantry. Reserve infantry units each control their own hiring; the role of the CFRC is to process candidates that the reserve unit have decided are appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back