• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Selection Dates -HEADS UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyaeC

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey All,

I do not know how many of you have been told that Infantry selection dates were June 11th.

Just a NOTE: to keep in mind, I called my RC today and did a bit of follow-up to confirm selection dates.

I asked the woman if June 11th was Infantry selection date and apparently they are not (where she was searching), she did however say that Selections for infantry were August 7th.

Strangely enough though, when I finished my interview the interviewer said that selections were June 11th for Infantry, I also have seen on FB groups and the forums that other have been told June 11th as well.

Is the recruiter ill-informed? or is my interviewer?

I would be really let down if june 11th secletions were not happening and we would all have to wait a bit extra time.

Anyway, just wanted to keep all infantry hopefuls in the loop. Maybe your recruiters might give you different info.

Thanks!  :camo:

At the montreal recruitment center i got the same information as you , was tell i was merit listed and that the selection will be in june ,
BUT today i get there to give some paper and ask and  they tell me it was a big mistake and they will only be selection in agust ans also a second selection for infantry too
Sorry for the bas english.

I hope this is wrong. I went to my local RC two days ago for some things, and to double-check the date for the selection calls. They said the date is June 11th. That is strange then because it conflicts with what you are both saying about it being August 7th. Not sure what the August 7th date is, maybe it is another round of selection calls?

Things change, meetings move based on availability of the people required at them and the needed information. In the big picture, if these selections are for courses starting in the fall, then whether the selections are made in June or August changes nothing. This is not something to get stirred up about.

From what I was told at CFRC Hamilton, there will definitely be three selections for infantry, and possibly four. The first is June 11th, followed by August, the third I am not aware of, and the fourth is still just a possibility. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Just read this and thanks for the info. Do these selection dates also pertain to Component Transfers or just new recruits?

Best of luck to everyone and Thanks in advance,
Steve

Connorp23:
Did these information are sure ?
The thing i dont understand is : all people frome the recruit center tell the same thing:
The number of place is REALY LOW for infantry in the regular forces.
So why will there be more then 1 selection for the year 2012 for this job?(did there is a major event somewere? Because last time they need to do alot of selection ant alot of bmq for infantry it was in preparation for Afghanistan event .
If anyone can answer this would be really apreciated .
And like i said , i talk whit a recruitement captain of montreal this week ( she' is in charge of the intervew )
And she told me :"" i dont know who told you there will be a selection in june for infantry . Because the only selection in my system for this branch is in august and another one in september.
Wishing all of you good luck and a good week.
Sorry for the bad english 1rst language is french.

I'm just relaying exactly what I was told. I was shown the number of people being selected for PPCLI, was told it would be broken up into three or four "groups". Top percent should be selected in June and so on. It's very possible the recruiter could have been mistaken, but I doubt it. Considering I saw proof. However, things change very quickly in recruiting, so who knows. Just don't get stressed over it. Hurry up and wait. 

I think there are multiple selections and they could change depending on trade training course start dates.

Connorp23 said:
I'm just relaying exactly what I was told. I was shown the number of people being selected for PPCLI, was told it would be broken up into three or four "groups". Top percent should be selected in June and so on. It's very possible the recruiter could have been mistaken, but I doubt it. Considering I saw proof. However, things change very quickly in recruiting, so who knows. Just don't get stressed over it. Hurry up and wait.

Whats PPCLI ?

:salute: Good morning everyone.
At 9 am today i got a call whit the recruit center and got some info .

-The selection on june 11 is for the infantry officier.
-The selection on august is for infantry soldier.
He also told me there is alot of place available for infantry soldier.
I hope this will clarify things up a bit for the people who was wondering when selection will appen!

The recruiter told me since my interview was good and i was a competitive candidate that  i was put on merit list BUT they need to get the return of "garda"  for some chekout . I was wondering 2 thing
1- i pass the interview like 3 week ago is it normal for this chekout to be long ?
2-what did "garda"  chek ?  I was sure everything was chek before the interview !?because they told me during it that i got an old cellular account unpaid that i need to payd before they call me for swearing and selection( i payd it and bring proof the next day ).
Would be really appreciated to have an answer on this please.
Have a nice day  and again soory for the bad english.

Just finished interview in Calgary for DEO and want to get into the stat. My interviewer told me the armoured and infantry DEO selection will take place on the third week of June and successful candidates will receive a call before the 1st week of July. The approximate quota for DEO infantry is around 5 nationally (damn) and 12 for armoured nationally (man~).

GOOD LUCK ALL! May the better candidate wins.

2 Cdo said:
Only the best infantry regiment in Canada! 8)

Play Pen Canadian Laughing Infants....

:whiteflag:

therickiness said:
The approximate quota for DEO infantry is around 5 nationally (damn) and 12 for armoured nationally (man~).
GOOD LUCK ALL! May the better candidate wins.
What does "DEO" means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back