• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Selection Dates -HEADS UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
John_NL said:
Ah, makes sense. Explains the lack of professionalism here.

Perhaps you should read the site guidelines, people here actually do act in rather professional manner, if they don't the mods do take action.  But that does not mean, we (those who actually have the first hand knowledge and experience) have to spoon feed the "entitled" generation, or those who can not engage their own brains, refrain from engaging in speculation/rumour or straying outside their lanes of experience and knowledge.  Being bluntly told how things actually are is something that is pretty common in the military (even if some people try to avoid doing it) but sorely lacking in the civilian world, which is becomes glaringly apparent on here because some people get all upset when serving members respond to them. 

What is unprofessional, is your own lack of research (and powers of observation), and comments like you just posted. 

Hatchet Man said:
we (those who actually have the first hand knowledge and experience) have to spoon feed the "entitled" generation

I have to disagree there. The "entitled" generation is referred to by ANY generation but their own. I think we both have the maturity to realize there are entitled people in EVERY generation, not just the younger people today. I do totally agree with not spoon feeding people, but as I said already, telling someone on this page to use a search function usually results in 50 out of 51 results (example numbers) of a mod telling then to use the search function with no answer given still! The one thread with a solid answer may even be like like the gulf war.

Being bluntly told how things actually are is something that is pretty common in the military (even if some people try to avoid doing it) but sorely lacking in the civilian world, which is becomes glaringly apparent on here because some people get all upset when serving members respond to them. 

On this site I have seen people ask a question, actually get a answer. Then say the mod can close the thread. In which the mod picked on the person then asking them if they would cry if they didn't close the thread. What i see there is a civilian being good, polite, and respectful to people in a career he is hoping to be in himself. If this happened face to face in the military between co-workers or anywhere else in the world it would be considered bullying.

What is unprofessional, is your own lack of research (and powers of observation), and comments like you just posted.

I am unprofessional because I pointed out that this site is a great resource for the CF and power hungry mods are ruining it for them. If so call me unprofessional.

John_NL said:
I have to disagree there. The "entitled" generation is referred to by ANY generation but their own. I think we both have the maturity to realize there are entitled people in EVERY generation, not just the younger people today. I do totally agree with not spoon feeding people, but as I said already, telling someone on this page to use a search function usually results in 50 out of 51 results (example numbers) of a mod telling then to use the search function with no answer given still! The one thread with a solid answer may even be like like the gulf war.

I am not limiting my comment to people younger than me, since I am not that old, but rather the "entitlement" that people feel, with their 24/7 instant access to information anywhere on the planet.  I joined at 17, the internet was still maturing, this forum/google, weren't available, and yet I (and many many many others) still managed to get through the entire recruiting without either.  Funny that eh? 

On this site I have seen people ask a question, actually get a answer. Then say the mod can close the thread. In which the mod picked on the person then asking them if they would cry if they didn't close the thread. What i see there is a civilian being good, polite, and respectful to people in a career he is hoping to be in himself. If this happened face to face in the military between co-workers or anywhere else in the world it would be considered bullying.
  So I am sure you can actually provide the link to said offending thread right?

I am unprofessional because I pointed out that this site is a great resource for the CF and power hungry mods are ruining it for them. If so call me unprofessional.

No because you assumed it is actually part of the CF, when in fact when you joined, you would have clearly seen it is not, in fact at the bottom of every page it says so. 
John_NL said:
  Also this comment.  It adds nothing, and slanders the entire site at the same time.  CDN AVIATOR was a Mod, he knows the site rules better than you or I.  I will not respond to anything you post in reply, since if you don't like how this site is run then don't continue to be a member here, it's pretty simple actually.
Ah, makes sense. Explains the lack of professionalism here.

Hatchet Man said:
I am not limiting my comment to people younger than me, since I am not that old, but rather the "entitlement" that people feel, with their 24/7 instant access to information anywhere on the planet.  I joined at 17, the internet was still maturing, this forum/google, weren't available, and yet I (and many many many others) still managed to get through the entire recruiting without either.  Funny that eh? 

True, and no offense, just because you didn't have the resources that new apps do today don't mean they shouldn't either.

So I am sure you can actually provide the link to said offending thread right?

I would, but that would totally screw up the mods support of the "use the search" function.

No because you assumed it is actually part of the CF, when in fact when you joined, you would have clearly seen it is not, in fact at the bottom of every page it says so.

Yes, I assumed...and when someone assumes, the make a "ASS out of U and ME". See, but when I signed up and signed all those neat papers and stuff I said that I wouldn't discriminate against anyone based on age, gender, background...or like people that do have access to sites like this. Another paper said if I get drunk and act in a fashion that could put the CF in a negative light I could get in deep, deep crap. I am going to go out on a limp and hope some mods here aren't drunk.... Which leads me to think non being drunk means its their natural personality, which is much worse.

In closing I would like to say I did have nothing against you but at that top of this VERY page CDN Aviator commented on your actual hopefully reply. Where a good site would see that reply and useful and maybe...sticky it to the infantry board. You commented that in time it will be long forget and hidden anyways.  Point to the professional part of that please.

Well, this thread has spun nicely around the bowl twice.

John_NL - this is an unofficial site and is not connected in any sort of form to the CF. If you don't like it, you can leave at any time.

Any more insults to the moderators and you will be banned perminatly.

The Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back