• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Selection Dates -HEADS UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connorp23 said:
Just a bit confused about this. Considering the selection date is August 7, why would they select an applicant early? I understand that these things happen, especially to fill spots, but I thought the whole point was to have the graduation of BMQ and the opening of BIQ relatively close? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm obviously new to all of this.

Absolutely same questioning !!! the 7 agust is for the whole canadian infantry so i dont understand how people get call for bmq before this date!
But im very happy for our friend ryae and i wish her all the good luck i can!!! :nod:

Hatchet Man said:
There are multiple selection dates.

Thanks for the answer,
and yes i know there is multiple selection , but  since february every recruitement officer  told the 1rst selection for infantry is june for officer and is 7 agust for ncm. Thats why we are questioning.

The dates seem correct. I just got offered Infantry Officer DEO this afternoon with BMOQ (French) starting on October 29th 2012.

i think there is no specific dates. They've started the hiring process this month but it will end when all the spots will be filled. I remember last year i went at the RC in summer for Inf O and there were 6 places, i came back in october and there were still places for the  BMOQ that started 2 weeks later.

ken.w2402 said:
The dates seem correct. I just got offered Infantry Officer DEO this afternoon with BMOQ (French) starting on October 29th 2012.

Félicitations.

ken.w2402 said:

ok francophone DEO, we the english crowd is still in the air. XD

therickiness said:
ok francophone DEO, we the english crowd is still in the air. XD

I actually had the choice between the English BMOQ on August 20th or the French one on October 29th. I chose the latter to give myself an extra couple months to get in better shape. This said, does the language really matter in the selections though? I thought all officers had to be functionally bilingual in the end.

Well I am on the west coast and selection in our area seemed slower than east coast. I am hopeful candidate, and armoured was my first choice. Maybe you're right, the selection pool is common between franco and anglo. Nonetheless, congrats.

I heard next selection date after August 7th was end of November sometime.

Ducimus BTC said:
I heard next selection date after August 7th was end of November sometime.

Yeah it is, the infantry selection dates are the same as the ones for combat engineer. Anyone know how long approx. after the selection date they start calling people?

can take up to 5-7 days. Sometimes faster depending on applicant.

There is paperwork that needs to be done and notifying the various CFRC's so they can call people, etc.

Remember there was a fair number of trades being selected yesterday. I know cook was another one. So CFRC's are probably swamped.

Hmm I see, well that makes perfect sense. I sort of expected that considering how many applicants they have to go through and such. Thank you for the info, I was just curious how much longer the wait is lol anticipation is a killer.

Does anyone know if the RC has to notify an applicant that they are placed on the merit list before you receive a call with an offer? I am in the process of re enrollment and I'm not sure if the process would be the same as an initial application.

Remember Lads, waiting is the easiest part..

Ducimus BTC said:
Does anyone know if the RC has to notify an applicant that they are placed on the merit list before you receive a call with an offer? I am in the process of re enrollment and I'm not sure if the process would be the same as an initial application.

Remember Lads, waiting is the easiest part..

The RC DOES NOT call/email/notify people if they have been merit listed.

Just for a heads up, infantry wasn't selected on August 7th for some reason. No idea when it will be now.

I'm processing for Infantry and got an interview on the 21st of August so I figure selections may not be dead in August. Possibly September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back