• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Police are about to arrest protesters that are holding a hasty snow defense. Only in Canada…

I wonder if that is Pat King’s plan.

Tamara Lich has apparently been arrested.

And they arrested the guy that threw gravel at the PM last summer.

This is what the Daily Mail was reporting on its website - viewed internationally and popular in the UK and the US.

Did I miss this on this site, or the Canadian News?

... Freedom Convoy leader Tamara Lich tearfully said she expected to be hauled off to jail Thursday - as the truckers await the looming police crackdown.

Lich, a former fitness instructor from Saskatchewan, cried openly in an emotional video Wednesday evening in which she accepted her fate and thanked fellow activists for their support.

'There's a pretty good chance - well I think it's inevitable at this point - but, uh, I'll probably be going somewhere tomorrow (Thursday) where I'll be getting three square meals a day. And that's OK,' she said.

'I'm OK with that. And I want you to know that I am not afraid.' Putting her head in her hands, she added: 'I'll probably get some sleep finally.'

The release of her video came shortly before Ottawa's interim police chief Steve Bell warned truckers and protestors that action to clear he protest is 'imminent.'

‘We have been bolstering our resources, developing our plans and preparing to take action,' he said.

Lich, the president of Freedom Convoy 2022, has been a prominent but mysterious figure in Ottawa who typically refuses media interviews.

Her video appeared almost as a farewell message, while imploring other activists and the truckers to continue their battle.

Lich - seen speaking to police liaison officers last week - is a prominent fundraiser and organizer of the ongoing Ottawa protests and has demanded an end to all state-of-emergency declarations, vaccine mandates and COVID-19 restrictions

She called on supporters to swamp Ottawa again this weekend, after the previous weekend turned into a massive rally and party attracting more than 4,000 people.

Lich, either crying openly or fighting back tears, even had kind words for Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during her 13-minute video, posted on YouTube.

It was recorded after police handed out leaflets to truckers blockading Ottawa's downtown saying they must leave the area immediately or face arrest.

This followed Trudeau's invocation of the Emergencies Act, which hand him draconian new powers.

Lich began: 'It's been quite a day. Not really sure where to start.

'I really wanted to get up on stage before everything happened here and send a message out but I think I can do it here and it'll probably even reach more people.

'This has been a crazy ride. Really crazy ride.

'And I think in one of my first videos I said how proud I was of all of all.' Breaking down she continued: 'So proud of you.

'You have come together in a way that I have never seen before.

'I just wanted to come on again and say first of all thank you. Second of all to say, please that love in your heart. Don't give in.'

In a tearful message, Lich urged truckers and Freedom Convoy supporters to continue their battle but reminded them to 'be kind' and 'show respect' for police
+21
View gallery
On Wednesday Ottawa cops began dishing out leaflets to truckers occupying the city's downtown core demanding they leave immediately
And on Trudeau, she said: 'I know there is a lot of anger at our government, but I want you to know that Justin Trudeau has three beautiful children.

'So remember that.' Looking down with tears in her eyes again, she added: 'We don't like what he does but I'm going to ask you to pray for him too.

Lich had kind words for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and reminded supporters that he has 'three beautiful children'
'And I'm going to ask you, when you fly a F*** Trudeau sign that [you remember] he has three kids, just like me.'

Confronting her emotions, she said: 'And so the tears that I cry aren't tears of sadness. They are tears that what has happened and what is transpiring against my fellow Canadians breaks my heart.

'It is breaking my heart.

'You guys I just want you to stay strong. And I want you to continue to be unified and spread the love. I have to ask you, I have seen people.. I can't tell you what to do. When you see the reporters in the streets, be kind and show them love…

'Show respect to them. Show respect to our police officers. A lot of these men and women… are probably just trying to feed their families.'

Lich was philosophical at the end, saying: 'So tomorrow is a new day. And I'm ready. I am not afraid. And we're going to hold the line.'

I don't know Ms Lich. Never heard of her until recently. But I have to say, I like her style.

This is more likely to sway an argument than a fiery conclusion.

Police are about to arrest protesters that are holding a hasty snow defense. Only in Canada…

I wonder if that is Pat King’s plan.
I wonder if they've had the time to drop trees, set up nail boards and wire, and prepare burning stick yet? If you're going to have a go at the cops, learn from the pros.

This is what the Daily Mail was reporting on its website - viewed internationally and popular in the UK and the US.

I don't know Ms Lich. Never heard of her until recently. But I have to say, I like her style.

It was widely watched. I saw it. Comments about how she was all smiles and taking selfies the next day in contrast to her Jesus moment.

At least one MSM reporter ran bits of the video in question ....
Also remember that the organizers shut out MSM during their news conferences, so don't be surprised at not much coverage from "legacy" media.

This on Lich, from the Ottawa PS ...
The Ottawa Police Service has arrested and charged Tamara LICH, 49 years old, of Medicine Hat, Alberta.

LICH has been charged with:
  • Counselling to commit the offence of mischief;
She is scheduled to appear in court today ...
... and Barber:
The Ottawa Police Service arrested Christopher John BARBER, 46 years old, of Swift Current, Saskatchewan.

BARBER has been charged by the Criminal Investigations Section with:
  • Counselling to commit the offence of mischief;
  • Counselling to commit the offence of disobey court order (s. 127);
  • Counselling to commit the offence of obstruct police.
He is scheduled to appear in court today ...

I wonder, where did it originate she was a racist, bigot with ties to extreme right wing groups? (or words to that). There are people on this site that believe the protest leadership are racists (Mod edit for QV).

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they've had the time to drop trees, set up nail boards and wire, and prepare burning stick yet? If you're going to have a go at the cops, learn from the pros.
A few lawyers chimed in about that. These guys are actually doing things that they think may get them off. Hugging and snow forts so they can use a peaceful assembly argument. Lots of cases to come. I suspect a lot of people that surrendered peacefully will be released without charge.

....Still waiting for the devastating Covid outbreak in Ottawa due to all these unmasked people congregating...

....Still waiting for the devastating Covid outbreak in Ottawa due to all these unmasked people congregating...
Low risk.

Besides, Ottawa has one of the highest vaccination rates in the country. They’ll be fine.

Low risk.

Besides, Ottawa has one of the highest vaccination rates in the country. They’ll be fine.
Canada has the highest vaccination rates in the world. Time to drop all federal mandates now. We'll be fine.

Canada has the highest vaccination rates in the world. Time to drop all federal mandates now. We'll be fine.
We were on our way to that. But one side wanted to dissolve the government as well. They should have quit while they were ahead.

Trusting that the Federal Government had a plan…but, you know, didn’t want Parliament or the citizens to have any idea of timings or extent of each de-phasing, etc.., because…….Transparency
True. But most of the daily life issues were all provincial, and the timelines were pretty clear.

Like I said. Should have quit while they were ahead.

True. But most of the daily life issues were all provincial, and the timelines were pretty clear.

Like I said. Should have quit while they were ahead.
Which makes one wonder “why not just blurb out a time frame that is loosey-goosey enough to fit with the provincial plans and show inclusiveness and ‘stewardship’ and all those great buzzwords, as opposed to voting down the motion…

Maybe the debate was cancelled due to the operation today on Wellington. I never like to give the current PMO any kudos but maybe this was done on advice from the Ops Centre?
If I recall, there are House procedural rules that have to happen to go virtual, and I still think there has to be a minimum quorum sitting in person.

Which makes one wonder “why not just blurb out a time frame that is loosey-goosey enough to fit with the provincial plans and show inclusiveness and ‘stewardship’ and all those great buzzwords, as opposed to voting down the motion…
The LPC was never going to agree to let the CPC tell them what to do. That motion was just as much theatrics on the CPC side.

Back